SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can this plugin be added to a 'custom' menu on the front page of Sage?

Wife would probably find that easier...
Old 11-06-2006, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker
Can this plugin be added to a 'custom' menu on the front page of Sage?

Wife would probably find that easier...
Yes, the first post in this thread contains instructions...

Edit: ok, the instructions for option (2) are a bit misleading.

Quote:
You must enable the Dynamic Menus at the top of that page
is not correct.

Here are the steps for using the Custom Menus:
  • go to SageMC Options / Menus
  • select Custom1 Menu Name
  • Enter a name, eg "Movie Times"
  • select Custom1 Menu screen
  • select 'Movie Times Main' from the list
  • go to the Main Menu
  • bring up the options menu (Options button or ESC on keyboard)
  • set 'Custom1' to 'Enabled'
Now you should be all set

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 11-06-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Sage Icon

Morgan. FYI, your download, not on the first post, but the one you link to, that has the screen shots, has the wrong version of the STVi in it. It still has 60, not 60a...

Took me a while on that one...
Old 11-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the heads up. It had been corrected.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Thanks for the heads up. It had been corrected.
I was like, I must be missing something here, because I couldn't find the option, so I went back to the post, got the exact location, and it wasn't there. Then I remembered that Winzip wanted to overwrite the file, so I thought it must have been the same version...

Anyway, it would be nice to eventually use the internal player. Could it be that the -fs option crashes it? I didn't try removing that, or does it ignore those all together?
Old 11-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Anyway, it would be nice to eventually use the internal player. Could it be that the -fs option crashes it? I didn't try removing that, or does it ignore those all together?
Yeah, I spent some time trying to figure why it played on one of my clients and not the other buthaven't found anything so far. The options are ignored when using the internal player. On the client that had trouble, I could not play trailer files even as imported filed or directly. I had the same result when trying it with the default STV.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

0.60b Now Available!

Update is now posted in the top thread here for just the import file, and on the offical download page with the full installation.

v0.60b - 11/7/2006
  • Fixed incompatability with SageTV 5.x by removing one incompatible xml line added by the SageTV 6.0 Studio.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for putting this together. It works quite well, but I have a few questions.

After selecting a movie, when I go back it takes me only to the movies from a particular theater, rather than back to all movies.

Also- I have not been able to get the trailers to work. I use FSE, so I cant use an external player. However the internal player (I am using the latest sage beta) does not play either. Basically when I click on trailer nothing happens.

Thanks, Mike
Old 11-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
After selecting a movie, when I go back it takes me only to the movies from a particular theater, rather than back to all movies.
Yes, I had noticed that. I will update that in the next release.

Quote:
Also- I have not been able to get the trailers to work. I use FSE, so I cant use an external player. However the internal player (I am using the latest sage beta) does not play either. Basically when I click on trailer nothing happens.
I had just tried setting FSE in full screen and mplayer was able to play them. I don't know if that is possible or not, or if it may not really be going to FSE for me?

When you say nothing happens, do you mean that nothing on the screen changes or that it shows a blank screen? You should see what happens if you go to the My Videos->Play Other File and select one of the trailer files. Two of my clients can play those particular quicktime files fine, and another cannot, it acts like it is playing it, but there is no picture.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yes, I had noticed that. I will update that in the next release.

I had just tried setting FSE in full screen and mplayer was able to play them. I don't know if that is possible or not, or if it may not really be going to FSE for me?

When you say nothing happens, do you mean that nothing on the screen changes or that it shows a blank screen? You should see what happens if you go to the My Videos->Play Other File and select one of the trailer files. Two of my clients can play those particular quicktime files fine, and another cannot, it acts like it is playing it, but there is no picture.
Thanks for fixing the first part- it used to work fine... Strange huh?

When I click on play trailer, nothing happens. I am going to try to d/l them instead of streaming them to see if that helps. I tried to play a quicktime file and it plays fine. I am hoping that it is just a problem with streaming. Does streaming work for you?

Thanks, Mike
Old 11-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

It works when I pre-download. I guess the problem was due to streaming. Cool it works now!

Thanks, Mike

Last edited by Muchacho; 11-11-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
It works when I pre-download. I guess the problem was due to streaming. Cool it works now!

Thanks, Mike
That would be a problem. The intermal player will not play streams. Glad you have it working now!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Yeah, I spent some time trying to figure why it played on one of my clients and not the other buthaven't found anything so far. The options are ignored when using the internal player. On the client that had trouble, I could not play trailer files even as imported filed or directly. I had the same result when trying it with the default STV.
I solved the mystery for the one client that did not play trailers with the internal player.

The Advanced option for Overlay Color Keying was disabled. Setting it to enabled fixed my trailer playback! Anybody else who had trouble playing trailers with the internal Sage player should check that setting.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I solved the mystery for the one client that did not play trailers with the internal player.

The Advanced option for Overlay Color Keying was disabled. Setting it to enabled fixed my trailer playback! Anybody else who had trouble playing trailers with the internal Sage player should check that setting.
Strange. I went to check that setting, and it was already enabled. I disabled it, and then re-enabled it, and then went and set the internal player to "Yes" and now it appears to be working...
Old 11-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

0.60 in SageMC 6.3.0 and Sage 6.0.14

I've just tried loading the MovieTimes 0.60 plugin into SageMC 6.3.0 and SageTV 6.0.14, and I can't get any theatres to load.

My zip is 60193. I bring up the MovieTimes Main, load the config file, set the executable file, then go to the Locations Screen.

For "LOcations Group Selection" I Add the US. For Country I select US.

For "Locations" I add 60193.

At this point, if I select the 'Select/Edit' button on any one of these entries, I see the correct entry.

I then go to "(Re) Load Theatres" and get "No Theatres Found, Go To Load Theatres" screen returned.

I then go back to the LOcations screen, and all of the entries are now empty. (i.e., neither my US entries nor my 60193 zip code are there anymore).

Any one have any ideas?

The logs don't really help at this point since I haven't even gotten to the mtsa.exe file.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 11-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Dan,

The MTSA program retrieves the list of theaters as well as the trailers/posters. You must install the mtsa program along with the supporting files including config.xml and locations.xml. After you set your zip code, the locations.xml should show that and the mtsa.exe must run to completion before you can successfully see the theater and movie listings. Check the locations.xml and log.txt files if you do not see the correct data on the theater list page.

If your are installing the import on a Sage client, then you should read over some file access issues in post 48 of aperry's thread here.

Morgan
Old 11-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Dan,

The MTSA program retrieves the list of theaters as well as the trailers/posters. You must install the mtsa program along with the supporting files including config.xml and locations.xml. After you set your zip code, the locations.xml should show that and the mtsa.exe must run to completion before you can successfully see the theater and movie listings. Check the locations.xml and log.txt files if you do not see the correct data on the theater list page.

If your are installing the import on a Sage client, then you should read over some file access issues in post 48 of aperry's thread here.

Morgan
I've installed the mtsa / config / locations files to c:\MovieTimes as instructed in the .pdf and set the paths in the .stvi.

It just seems like the .stvi in Sage is having issues accessing these files (as I mentioned, nothing is getting stored in locations.xml).

I am running this on the server machine, so permissions shouldn't be an issue.

I'm stuck because the Error Message I get when I click "Load Theatres" says "No Theatres Found, Go To Load Theatres." Which is exactly what I'm trying to do!

Any thoughts?

-Dan
Old 11-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

I don't know the exact details of the java libraries that access the configurations and data but have an idea of how things work there. I'll throw out a few things to check.

- Try configuring the theater list with any firewall disabled or add mtsa.exe to the allowed applications.
- Check to see if your zip code is going in to the locations.xml file.
- Try to run the mtsa.exe program manually and, after it finishes, see if the log reports that it is retrieving data or having trouble.
- See if the config.xml file is setup correctly to point to your config.xml file and download directories
- Go to your Sage.properties file and post your lines here that start with aperry/.

Maybe something there will indicate the problem.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Unhappy

- Try configuring the theater list with any firewall disabled or add mtsa.exe to the allowed applications.
Check - Not a firewall problem.

My zip code is NOT making it into the locations.xml file. The zip codes there are 18940|08081. Are these the defaults on install?

- Try to run the mtsa.exe program manually and, after it finishes, see if the log reports that it is retrieving data or having trouble.
Runs fine - no errors.

- See if the config.xml file is setup correctly to point to your config.xml file and download directories
Not sure what you mean here: typo?

- Go to your Sage.properties file and post your lines here that start with aperry/.

aperry/MtsaConfigFile=C\:\\MovieTimes\\config.xml
aperry/MtsaExecutable=C\:\\MovieTimes\\mtsa.exe
aperry/MtsaTrailersEnable=false

I've attached some images. Are my 'location' settings such as my zip code supposed to appear on this page once I enter it?

Thanks,
-Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg movie1.JPG (38.9 KB, 464 views)
File Type: jpg movie2.JPG (38.7 KB, 468 views)
File Type: jpg movie3.JPG (40.0 KB, 442 views)
File Type: jpg movie4.JPG (37.4 KB, 425 views)
Old 11-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
My zip code is NOT making it into the locations.xml file. The zip codes there are 18940|08081. Are these the defaults on install?
Those are the default
Quote:
Not sure what you mean here: typo?
Oops yes. check that it points to your locations.xml file.
Quote:
I've attached some images. Are my 'location' settings such as my zip code supposed to appear on this page once I enter it?
The loaded zip codes should appear in a selection popup box when you click on Select/Edit for Locations. You should be able to see the default zips and delete them.

You can also try to edit your zip code into the locations.xml and run "mtsa.exe /UpdateTheatersOnly". Then you should be able to reload the configuration and see the theaters in your zip codes.

If this type of problem is not discussed somewhere in aperry's forum you might want to leave a post for him there about it. He may have some better ideas why the java libraries wouldnt be able to update the locations file.