SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
Attached is MTSA v4.8.5.25724 from October 10th. It's the latest one I have and appears to be working.
I've got v4.8.6 from Nov 10 and it has fixed my issue too. (Or maybe the movie that made it crash has left the theaters...) In either case, here's my file:
Attached Files
File Type: zip mtsa_4.8.6.zip (91.2 KB, 297 views)
Software: Windows 2000 SP4, MSIE v6.0, .NET CLR 1.1.4322, .NET CLR 2.0.50727, Java v1.6.0_23
SageTV: SageTV v5.0.4.92, Webserver v2.26R50
Clients: Hauppauge MediaMVP [x2] (Revs D1, D3A)
Old 11-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69 View Post
I think there may be something wrong or corrupt with my locations.xml it keeps giving me the error saying to select an active theatre but I have selected them

Attachment 9368

Attachment 9369
Same problem here. If I try to run mtsa with only a zip to download theater information, I get the "select an active theater" error. If I use an old copy of locations.xml that already had theaters loaded, I get a "media library is empty" error. These errors are happening with both of the versions of mtsa posted within the last page to this thread.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:27 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure if I'm having the same problem or not. But, the most recent downloaded movie trailers with respective poster is from November 11th, November 10th, 9th. Boondock Saints II All Saints Day.mov, Pirate Radio.mov,. and 2012.mov, respectively.

However, none of the movies/posters are being displayed in the movietimes menu page using the latest sageMC, sageMC 6.3.9a. (with MovieTimes_SageMC.xml). I get the error message, "No movies were found. Please run an update to download move, theater, and showtime information".

The Movietimes configuration menu shows the theaters that are in the configuration file along with all the other configuration parameters; such as the correct "Folder for Posters" and "Folder for Trailers".

It appears that the latest sageMC broke the Movietimes import; at least for me. Can someone please tell me if there's something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
MKANET

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Same problem here. If I try to run mtsa with only a zip to download theater information, I get the "select an active theater" error. If I use an old copy of locations.xml that already had theaters loaded, I get a "media library is empty" error. These errors are happening with both of the versions of mtsa posted within the last page to this thread.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Sage User

[QUOTE=wbarber69;392312]I think there may be something wrong or corrupt with my locations.xml it keeps giving me the error saying to select an active theatre but I have selected them

I have the same exact problem.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

[QUOTE=titanium;392857]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69 View Post
I think there may be something wrong or corrupt with my locations.xml it keeps giving me the error saying to select an active theatre but I have selected them

I have the same exact problem.
Same thing for me as the last 3 posters. Sigh.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/me...11-13-a-49668/

I'll try this and report back.

Shawn
Old 11-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

BINGO! MTSA 4.88 is what you need.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mtsa_4.8.8.zip (87.1 KB, 323 views)
Old 11-18-2009, 11:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm getting .jpg files in my trailers folder and nothing in my posters folder. This is with my existing config file that used to work and with the posters/trailers folders empty. Maybe I need to do something different before starting MTSA?

Edit: I spent more time on it, no matter what I try, I just get only jpgs in the "Trailers" folder where the MOV files should be downloaded to, and the "Posters" folder gets nothing. I'm very curious to know what changes you made to your configuration file for this to work correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post

BINGO! MTSA 4.88 is what you need.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 11-19-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I'm getting .jpg files in my trailers folder and nothing in my posters folder. This is with my existing config file that used to work and with the posters/trailers folders empty. Maybe I need to do something different before starting MTSA?

Edit: I spent more time on it, no matter what I try, I just get only jpgs in the "Trailers" folder where the MOV files should be downloaded to, and the "Posters" folder gets nothing. I'm very curious to know what changes you made to your configuration file for this to work correctly.
I don't know, but here's my config file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<ConfigurationSettings>
<LocationFile>c:\MovieTimes\locations.xml</LocationFile>
<LogFile>c:\MovieTimes\mtsa.log</LogFile>
<TempFolder>c:\MovieTimes\Temp</TempFolder>
<PosterFolder>c:\MovieTimes\Posters</PosterFolder>
<TrailerFolder>c:\MovieTimes\Trailers</TrailerFolder>
<BackDropFolder>c:\MovieTimes\Backdrops</BackDropFolder>
<XmlDataFile>c:\MovieTimes\moviedata.xml</XmlDataFile>
<XmlSchemaDataFile>c:\MovieTimes\moviedata.xsd</XmlSchemaDataFile>
<NumberOfDays>7</NumberOfDays>
<DownloadExtraDetails>True</DownloadExtraDetails>
<DownloadExtraDetailsTMDB>False</DownloadExtraDetailsTMDB>
<DownloadFanArt>False</DownloadFanArt>
<PosterQuality>High</PosterQuality>
<TrailerQuality>High</TrailerQuality>
<RemoveOldMedia>True</RemoveOldMedia>
<PreferEnglishPosters>True</PreferEnglishPosters>
<PreferEnglishTrailers>True</PreferEnglishTrailers>
<BackDropFolder>c:\MovieTimes\Backdrops</BackDropFolder>
<DownloadExtraDetailsTMDB>False</DownloadExtraDetailsTMDB>
<DownloadFanArt>False</DownloadFanArt>
<PreferEnglishPosters>True</PreferEnglishPosters>
<PreferEnglishTrailers>True</PreferEnglishTrailers>
<TrailerDownload>True</TrailerDownload>.
</ConfigurationSettings>
Old 11-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Sage Expert

4.8.8 is (so far) working for me also. It's starting to download trailers now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It still wouldn't work if I tried to run it with no theaters already listed in my locations.xml (gave the log error about needing one or more active theaters), but fortunately I had an old version of locations.xml backed up that still contained the active theater list for my area, and using that one everything seems to be going smoothly again so far.

EDIT: Okay, I take that back. It downloaded the first trailer, then promptly deleted it and completed running, leaving me with all posters and no trailers, like mkanet. Not sure about his issue with the placement, because by default I have all my posters and trailers downloading to the same folder.

Last edited by popechild; 11-19-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Sage Expert

I was finally able to figure out what the problem was here - I needed to have separate folders for the posters and trailers. Once I did that, it quit deleting everything at the end of the run. Took for forever to figure it out though, because this was never a requirement before - I've been using the same folder for posters and trailers for ages, but apparently something changed.

Seems to be working now though.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

4.8.8 Works great. I was using a messed up config file.

I'm wondering if we can convince the author of MTSA to make an auto-updating function which checks if there's a newer version, then update the file silently/automatically. I'm not a programmer, but I have a feeling adding this kind of feature is relatively easy to do.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

mtsa is working on my server busy downloading everything, but when I load the config file in the menu for the first time it says bad config file and something else that is broken off and unreadable.
Thoughts?

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Do not quote me on this, but I thought many people said this happened the first time for them, then upon trying it the second time it mysteriously stopped doing that.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone else have theirs quit again. Mine just did a couple days ago.

Everything was blank and my log file says:

"Media Library Empty! Search Aborted...."

Usually when I get this, I can update MTSA and carry on. Not so this time, same problem with the latest 4.9.1 of MTSA...
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 01-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having trouble loading this app from the latest sage, sagemc, and windows 7. When I get to the step "Load config file" and I browse to the c:\mtsa directory (also tried movietimes), instead of change to "Configure" the screen reverts back to the "Load config file" page. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
4.8.8 Works great. I was using a messed up config file.

I'm wondering if we can convince the author of MTSA to make an auto-updating function which checks if there's a newer version, then update the file silently/automatically. I'm not a programmer, but I have a feeling adding this kind of feature is relatively easy to do.
Excellent idea! Here is a VERY simple updater. It doesn't check your version, it just goes out to the mediaportal website and downloads the latest MTSA program. I would just recommend using windows scheduler to run this monthly. I've done some limited testing and i think it is working fine (as far as I can tell). You need jzip (http://www.jzip.com/) for this to work, and you'll need to put the program location in the "update mtsa.ini" file. The files in the zip just go in with the mtsa.exe program (same directory). Also, you need .net 3.5 SP 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

As long as nephilim doesn't change his naming convention, it should continue to work. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by dhgb256; 01-23-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Deleted file, newer version available in next post.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgb256 View Post
Excellent idea! Here is a VERY simple updater. It doesn't check your version, it just goes out to the mediaportal website and downloads the latest MTSA program. I would just recommend using windows scheduler to run this monthly. I've done some limited testing and i think it is working fine (as far as I can tell). You need jzip (http://www.jzip.com/) for this to work, and you'll need to put the program location in the "update mtsa.ini" file. The files in the zip just go in with the mtsa.exe program (same directory). Also, you need .net 3.5 SP 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

As long as nephilim doesn't change his naming convention, it should continue to work. Let me know if you have any questions.
OK, so it wasn't good enough. The program now checks version info and only downloads newer file versions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Update MTSA.zip (111.3 KB, 279 views)
Old 01-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgb256 View Post

This is fantastic! Thanks dhgb

I'm going to try this as soon as I get home.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
This is fantastic! Thanks dhgb

I'm going to try this as soon as I get home.
Of course I found out from Nephelim that he will implement an autoupdate feature into the next version of MTSA (he didn't specify what version, or when). This won't be needed after the next major release, so enjoy while you can