SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Decided to start over from a clean SageMC stv and re-import everything, and now the MovieTimes configuration process worked fine.

It'd be nice though if the entered 'location' data shows up on the Locations configuration page instead of disappearing into the ether...

Thanks for the help though!

-Dan
Old 12-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not Showing Trailer

This was working great for a while even with the v.6 BETA. I've since updated to the v.6.18 and now the trailer playback isn't working. Anyone else have this problem? I've double checked my config file, I've reimported my STVi movie file... nothing.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS
This was working great for a while even with the v.6 BETA. I've since updated to the v.6.18 and now the trailer playback isn't working. Anyone else have this problem? I've double checked my config file, I've reimported my STVi movie file... nothing.
Make sure you've enabled playback in the settings and make sure the Sage player is chosen to playback with.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yup, did that. I have playback enabled and set Sage to be the player. There are some switches set that I think were present when it was first playing back with MPlayer...but those settings were also present when it was working with the Sage v.6 BETA. Humm?!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

I never had it working with mplayer, but with the current 6.0.18 and SageTVPlayer (which is mplayer) I dont have any switches or anything installed. On the config, the "program to use..." is set to null, and parameters is empty. Thats how yours is? Does it even try to play the trailer?
Old 12-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

I ended up removing all movie data (all *.exe, *.xml all MTSA stuff) and performing a full reinstall. Works now. Don't know what exactly the problem was but it's working now again. thanks for your suggestions.

AWS
Old 12-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Movie Times for Singapore!!!

I have been playing with the source code for Movie Times (especially knowing the new screensaver stuff coming out for the SageMC STV)

It works OK (3 days in advance only). I have sent an e-mail to keymaker with the changes, so will see if it makes it into base product.

(I am still waiting on updated source code for the apple trailers, as they dont work that great - source code is previous version)

Anyway.

Happy New Year everyone.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation UPDATE! v0.61

It's time for an update! Big thanks to MeInMaui for coding up the screensaver feature that is compatible with the screensaver capability in SageMC v6.3.1 and later.

v0.61 - 1/6/2007
  • Included MeInMaui's slick new screensaver feature. Thanks Mike!
  • Fix problem where using remote back button on Movie Details screen would take to list of movies for a specific theater and not all theaters
  • Prevent garbage when selecting Options/Escape key on configuration screen

If you experience trouble playing the trailers with SageTV 6, then change the setting under Movie Theater Times->Configure->Trailer Config->Enable internal Sage player

If updating an existing installation and already have the latest MTSA program from the key master, just unzip the attached import file and load the import.

Movie Times Screensaver
MeInMau developed this screensaver that displays movie posters and details one after another when enabled. The layout alternates when displaying each movie. THIS FEATURE IS ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN USED WITH SAGEMC v6.3.1 or later!

To use:
  • Enable Screen Saver On Sleep from Detailed Setup->General screen.
  • Select Move Times Screensaver for Screensaver Style from SageMC Options->Main screen.
  • Customize Movie Times screensaver details as desired under SageMC Options->Extras screen.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Sage Icon

Absolutely awesome. Love the screensaver, well, except for one small thing, once the screensaver is displayed, you can't get out of it!

Not sure if I should report this over to the SageMC thread or not?
Old 01-06-2007, 12:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Absolutely awesome. Love the screensaver, well, except for one small thing, once the screensaver is displayed, you can't get out of it!

Not sure if I should report this over to the SageMC thread or not?
Hi Jason,

Unfortunately it can't respond to any/all button presses. This is an ongoing issue with alternate screensavers that are only linked to the original to get them started. I added listeners for up, down, left, right, and select to exit the screen saver. Do any of those work?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Sage User

Priority Order

I have listed my theaters in the order I would like to view them, but when I select "List Theaters", it always shows them in alphabetical order.

Is there another setting I need to change?

Thanks,
Keith

PS. I am running SageTV 6.0.19, SageMC 6.3.1, Movie Times .61 and MTSA 4.2.2

Last edited by Alwayslearnin; 01-06-2007 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

Those keys cancel it for me. I only have a keyboard on the client where it is installed right now so don't know if could be a remote issue.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:13 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayslearnin
I have listed my theaters in the order I would like to view them, but when I select "List Theaters", it always shows them in alphabetical order.

Is there another setting I need to change?

Thanks,
Keith

PS. I am running SageTV 6.0.19, SageMC 6.3.1, Movie Times .61 and MTSA 4.2.2
That appears to be a known issue in the other Movie Times thread. That would have to be handled in the Java jar files that were developed by aperry. The STV displays them in the order received from those functions.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Unfortunately it can't respond to any/all button presses. This is an ongoing issue with alternate screensavers that are only linked to the original to get them started.
There are 2 things you could consider doing:

1) Use RawKeyboard, RawInfrared, and Mouse Click listeners to wake SageTV for any type of input. (Is there any other input that you wouldn't want to wake SageTV while in screen saver mode?)

2) Use conditionals to just have everything remain under the Screen Saver menu... probably easier to do if built into an STV than added via an import.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
There are 2 things you could consider doing:

1) Use RawKeyboard, RawInfrared, and Mouse Click listeners to wake SageTV for any type of input. (Is there any other input that you wouldn't want to wake SageTV while in screen saver mode?)

2) Use conditionals to just have everything remain under the Screen Saver menu... probably easier to do if built into an STV than added via an import.

- Andy
Thanks Andy. I'll try that out.

Jason,

FYI, I just installed the import and up, down, left, right, and select do work to exit the screen saver for me from a remote control.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation UPDATE! v0.61a

Updated listeners on screensaver screen to react to mouse click or any keyboard/remote input (0.61a).
Old 01-06-2007, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Morgan!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

I'll try the new version, but no button would release the screensaver, including up, down, left, right, or OK.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Morgan,

FYI, I just tried updating to 0.61a this morning by importing over the previous import (0.61). The screensaver portion does not work after the re-import. I just get a blank screen. If I go back to the original SageMC and then do a fresh import of 0.61a, then everything works properly. So it seems that something in the cleanup code related to the screen saver isn't working properly.

Aloha,
Mike

PS. I just set up trailer playback this morning also. Just awesome. It's flawless with the internal player. Most importantly, my wife loves it.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

I've been doing fresh installs from the original, and still no luck getting out of the screensaver. I even disabled the RSS Ticker from running in the screensaver, and that did not fix it.

Here is a log, if it means anything. I just pressed the sleep command on my remote, so if you search for sleep in the client log, you'll be at the end, which is the point of interest. I can't tell anything, looks like it's not looking for button presses at all...

...and what's the deal with catbert?! LOL.

Oh, the only import I'm using is this one, and I'm using the latest version of SageTV and SageMC, and using Java 6.
Attached Files
File Type: zip debug.zip (283.8 KB, 427 views)