SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
I had an update from the KeyMaster. He has been working on the MTSA program but has been busy. He thinks it may be a week before he has an update to release.
Hi Morgan,

Thanks for checking into it. I think my wife is suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratebeer
Is this plug in working yet? Although ths sn't my area of technology, I am an engineer and haven't been able to get a single plug-in working with the latest version of SageTV MC. I've put in over ten hours trying to get the DVD burner and Movie Times working. I see there have been problems. Are these plug-ins incompatible with the current version?
I had loaded the latest SageMC and things looked like they installed correctly for me. I noticed a couple of hickups in the debug log from the import. I didn't check yet to see what it affects, but nothing too obvious. I will resolve those issues and maybe have a minor update this weekend. I also went from SageTV 6.0.19 to the latest 6.1.4RC and do not see a problem.

Did you previously have MovieTimes working correctly? How far do you get with MovieTimes after you do try and import it? If you post a debug log covering the import operation and attempting to use MT, I'll see if there is some helpful info.

Morgan
Old 03-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Sage User

MovieTime 6.2 stop playing

This nice gadget stop playing since ... i don't remember what may have done this - but

Returning MoveTimes to a previous version (6.0, 6.1) - doesn't help
Returning SageTv to a previous version (6.4.1, 6.3) - doesn't help
Returning SageMc to a previous version (6.4.1, 6.3) - doesn't help

But within Sage, it will play QuickTime
Within SageMc using Video - Play external file, it will play QuickTime

But thru MoveTimes, no movie? Very strange.

And i don't see anything in the log. . .

Seems control is not transfered to Sage for playback. Any clue would be greatful
Old 03-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Sage User

Can't install Movie Times

Hi
I'm a newbie so my question may be silly, sorry for that.

I tried yesterday to install MovieTimes but with no luck.
I have tried to follow the installation instructions as good as I can.
MovieTimes doesn't show under STVi imports so I use the other import button. Is that right or not?
When I import the plug-in SageTV freezes and I have to force quit it.
When I start SageTV again the SageTV interface is gone and the screen is black. I have to remove allt the MovieTimes files to get it to work again.

I'm using a Swedish version of Windows XP so the "Program files"-folder is named "Program". Is that a problem?

I'm using v6.0 of SageTVMC and v0.62 of MovieTimes.
Do I need anything more to get it to work?

What have I done wrong?
/Ansy

Last edited by Ansy_74; 03-21-2007 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Forgot some info...
Old 03-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Sage User

Hey guys... I finally got around to fixing IMDB - they changed around their site big time html-wise. I sent the beta to Morgan111 and will publicly post soon. I'm troubleshooting several other things for folks so I hope to have those fixes in there too. ps. I converted the mtsa project to the newest (free) version of MS VB.NET so hopefully that doesn't cause problems for anyone.

-Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Has anyone else lost the genres and plot summaries in the Movie Times plugin in the last few days? I'm not sure if I inadvertantly messed up something or if the website(s) the data is scraped from have changed. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Sage User

I will include your code for Singapore in the new version... thank you!!

-Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman View Post
Movie Times for Singapore!!!

I have been playing with the source code for Movie Times (especially knowing the new screensaver stuff coming out for the SageMC STV)

It works OK (3 days in advance only). I have sent an e-mail to keymaker with the changes, so will see if it makes it into base product.

(I am still waiting on updated source code for the apple trailers, as they dont work that great - source code is previous version)

Anyway.

Happy New Year everyone.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by key master View Post
Hey guys... I finally got around to fixing IMDB - they changed around their site big time html-wise. I sent the beta to Morgan111 and will publicly post soon. I'm troubleshooting several other things for folks so I hope to have those fixes in there too. ps. I converted the mtsa project to the newest (free) version of MS VB.NET so hopefully that doesn't cause problems for anyone.

-Jim
Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for your efforts. Looking forward to the update.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, looking forward to having the interface back! Thank you, KM.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Jim,

Actually it doesn't look like I got your email. Could you send that again?

Thanks,
Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by key master View Post

-Jim
Old 04-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can't get working in MVP...

I download morganmovietimes-stv-import-for-sagemc-v062.zip, made C:\movietimes folder, extracted files from mtsa_4.2.2.zip to that folder. Then extracted the stvs and jars files from MovieTimes-import_062 file.

Then went and imported MovieTimes_SageMC_062. I added a menu on the front page as directed on the front page of this post. Saved the menus.

My problem is that when I go to that menu and select "Load Config File" and point it to the config.xml file in C:\movietimes folder it just goes back to that same screen like nothing got loaded.

Any ideas on where I when wrong?

OK, got past that, I had to reboot the server. But now It does not show any theater information. I run the schedule task and then go back to the menu, but nothing shows up. I also loaded this on the server itself and only get this far. In the movietimes.pdf instruction file I get stopped at #38. Once the MTSA program finishes running I never see the next menu.

Any ideas on this one?

OK, finally it works. I shut everything down, reloaded all the files, reconfigured everything. And then rebooted twice. And now it works.

Last question for the day on this subject. If I upgrade SageTV to the latest, do I have to go through all of this again or do the setting stick or what files do I have to save and replace after upgrading.

TIA

Last edited by mrrrl; 04-01-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Updated MTSA

Got the update from Key Master. Replacing the MTSA program solves the descriptions for me. I have updated the full download or you can grab the update MTSA program from this post. Thanks Jim!

v0.62a - 4/3/2007
  • Include new MTSA data grabber (MTSA525b) from the KeyMaster that handles the change in movie data website. Now movie descriptions are available again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mtsa525b.zip (48.3 KB, 239 views)
Old 04-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

TIA, Yes the initial installation does have the potential to cause a few problems before it appears as expected. One I got it installed on my server I have not had any issues and had no problems adding to other clients. If you load a clean SageMC STV you will have to re-import the MovieTimes xml file but the configuration data will remain intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrrl View Post
I download morganmovietimes-stv-import-for-sagemc-v062.zip, made C:\movietimes folder, extracted files from mtsa_4.2.2.zip to that folder. Then extracted the stvs and jars files from MovieTimes-import_062 file.

Then went and imported MovieTimes_SageMC_062. I added a menu on the front page as directed on the front page of this post. Saved the menus.

My problem is that when I go to that menu and select "Load Config File" and point it to the config.xml file in C:\movietimes folder it just goes back to that same screen like nothing got loaded.

Any ideas on where I when wrong?

OK, got past that, I had to reboot the server. But now It does not show any theater information. I run the schedule task and then go back to the menu, but nothing shows up. I also loaded this on the server itself and only get this far. In the movietimes.pdf instruction file I get stopped at #38. Once the MTSA program finishes running I never see the next menu.

Any ideas on this one?

OK, finally it works. I shut everything down, reloaded all the files, reconfigured everything. And then rebooted twice. And now it works.

Last question for the day on this subject. If I upgrade SageTV to the latest, do I have to go through all of this again or do the setting stick or what files do I have to save and replace after upgrading.

TIA
Old 04-03-2007, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

TIA == Thanks In Advance
Old 04-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
TIA == Thanks In Advance
Ha! Thats a funny name!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Sage Icon

Is anyone else getting the playback error when trying to playback movie trailers? I'm not sure when this started happening, but this is with 6.1.7 of SageTV.

It should be using the default Sage player now, and not the mplayer as it was setup before, which I think it is trying to use.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Just tried yesterday and the trailers were working for me. Still on the latest beta version but using the new mtsa.exe from above...
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 04-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Well, guess I must have jacked something up on my system then... Are you using mplayer, or the default sageplayer?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

I just reinstalled my Sage setup w/ 6.1.8, and used the latest version of this import, and it is not working properly. I have 5 theaters in two different zip codes as active theaters in my list.

For 2 of them if you go to List Theaters > then select the theater they work perfectly. For the rest when they are selected the menus dim slightly and the system just hangs on that screen, never progressing to the next screen.

The same thing happens if you try selecting "List Movies."
Old 04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Guys,

My wife asked me to add a 'Rated R' filter to the movie times screen saver. There have been a few horror flicks out lately and the movie posters were a bit disturbing to our 3yr old. Because of this we are not using this screen saver at the moment.

Is this something that anyone else would be interested in? If so, I will forward my changes to Morgan when they are complete and hopefully they can be added to the import.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, please. So this would filter out the movies from showing up at all, even when you do a list by movies? Or just for the screensaver?

I think filtering them out all together would be good. There are some that I would still consider watching, depending on the content, but not many.