SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Sage User

funny thing

If I run the mtsa on its own w/o altering the config or location xmls it runs just fine so it must be something getting changed in those files
Old 05-15-2007, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I think you need to rephrase "it must be something getting changed" to "it must be something I'm changing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbie1009 View Post
If I run the mtsa on its own w/o altering the config or location xmls it runs just fine so it must be something getting changed in those files

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Well then I must be royally screwed. I select only one theatre (make it simple) and turn off the previews (also to make it simple). When I double click on the mtsa.exe file it dies after about ten minutes, in the movietimes folder i'm missing my config and locations xmls they have been deleted and the folder now has all the posters and movie trailers from that theatre, although I told it to skip trailers.
How about posting your log.txt file that is generated after you run the mtsa.exe.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Sage User

log

thanks for understanding what i meant and now what i said. the thing is there is no log file, in fact to get the config and locations xmls end up in the recycle bin for some odd reason. here is what the xmls look like before i run the mtsa. the config.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<ConfigurationSettings>
	<LocationFile>C:\MovieTimes\locations.xml</LocationFile>
	<!-- Enter the file location where you want to store the location information. -->
	<LogFile>C:\movietimes\log.txt</LogFile>
	<!-- Enter the file location where you want to store the log file. -->
	<TempFolder>C:\movietimes\Temp\</TempFolder>
	<!-- Enter the folder location where you want to store temporary files. -->
	<NumberOfDays>7</NumberOfDays>
	<!-- Enter how many days into the future you would like movie listings for. Note that some countries do not support this setting. -->
	<DownloadExtraDetails>True</DownloadExtraDetails>
	<!-- Choose whether or not you would like to download extra movie information from IMDB.com. -->
	<!-- Values: True False -->
	<PosterFolder>C:\movietimes</PosterFolder>
	<!-- Enter the folder location where you want to store movie posters. -->
	<PosterQuality>High</PosterQuality>
	<!-- Choose whether or not to download higher quality (but larger in size) movie posters, lower quality posters, or none at all. -->
	<!-- Values: High Low None -->
	<TrailerFolder>C:\MovieTimes\Media\Trailers\</TrailerFolder>
	<!-- Enter the folder location where you want to store movie trailers. -->
	<TrailerQuality>None</TrailerQuality>
	<!-- Choose whether or not to download higher quality (but larger in size) movie trailers, lower quality trailers, streaming (links only), or none at all. -->
	<!-- Values: High StreamHigh Low StreamLow None -->
	<RemoveOldMedia>True</RemoveOldMedia>
	<!-- Choose whether or not you want to automatically delete old (non-referenced) posters and trailers. -->
	<XmlDataFile>C:\movietimes\moviedata.xml</XmlDataFile>
	<XmlSchemaDataFile>C:\movietimes\moviedata.xsd</XmlSchemaDataFile>
	<!-- Enter the file locations where you want to store the XML movie data and the associated XML Schema file. -->
</ConfigurationSettings>
locations file
<LocationList>
  <!-- **************************************************************************************************************** -->
  <!--  Country: Select the country to retrieve movie listings for. -->
  <!--  Values: Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, United Kingdom, United States -->
  <!-- **************************************************************************************************************** -->
  <!--  Locations: Select the postal code and/or city name to retrieve movie listings for. -->
  <!--  Note: Separate each value with a "|" character. -->
  <!--  Active, Inactive: Select one or more theaters to retrieve movie listings for. -->
  <LocationDetails>
    <Country>United States</Country>
    <Locations>27604</Locations>
    <Active>Crossroads 20</Active>
    <Inactive>
    |Carmike Blue Ridge 14 Cinema|Carmike Fifteen|Colony Theatres|Galaxy Cinema|IMAX Theater Exploris|Marquee Cinemas - Wakefield 12|Mission Valley Cinema|Raleigh Grande Cinema|Raleighwood Cinema Grill|Regal Brier Creek Stadium 14|Regal North Hills Stadium 14|Rialto Theatre - Raleigh|Six Forks Station Cinema|UA Garner Town Square 10</Inactive>
  </LocationDetails>
</LocationList>
Old 05-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Sage User

do over

how about a do over? to fully uninstall sage and start fresh would doing the windows uninstall and deleting the sage directory do the job?
Old 05-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Sage User

Change your poster folder to "C:\MovieTimes\Media\Posters\" (something other than "C:\movietimes"). That should fix it.

I'll be sure to add a check in the next version to make sure that mtsa.exe is not being ran in the same folder specified to receive posters or trailers. Because you have "RemoveOldMedia" set to true, it's wiping out everything in that folder that isn't a valid poster... including mtsa.exe! A big yikes!!

Again, in my next version of mtsa I'll be sure to include that check and return an error if that condition is found. Also in the next version: support for Italy!

-Jim

Quote:
thanks for understanding what i meant and now what i said. the thing is there is no log file, in fact to get the config and locations xmls end up in the recycle bin for some odd reason. here is what the xmls look like before i run the mtsa. the config.xml
Code:
<ConfigurationSettings>
	<LocationFile>C:\MovieTimes\locations.xml</LocationFile>
	<!-- Enter the file location where you want to store the location information. -->
	<LogFile>C:\movietimes\log.txt</LogFile>
	<!-- Enter the file location where you want to store the log file. -->
	<TempFolder>C:\movietimes\Temp\</TempFolder>
	<!-- Enter the folder location where you want to store temporary files. -->
	<NumberOfDays>7</NumberOfDays>
	<!-- Enter how many days into the future you would like movie listings for. Note that some countries do not support this setting. -->
	<DownloadExtraDetails>True</DownloadExtraDetails>
	<!-- Choose whether or not you would like to download extra movie information from IMDB.com. -->
	<PosterFolder>C:\movietimes</PosterFolder>
	<!-- Enter the folder location where you want to store movie posters. -->
	<PosterQuality>High</PosterQuality>
	<!-- Choose whether or not to download higher quality (but larger in size) movie posters, lower quality posters, or none at all. -->
	<!-- Values: High Low None -->
	<TrailerFolder>C:\MovieTimes\Media\Trailers\</TrailerFolder>
	<!-- Enter the folder location where you want to store movie trailers. -->
	<TrailerQuality>None</TrailerQuality>
	<!-- Choose whether or not to download higher quality (but larger in size) movie trailers, lower quality trailers, streaming (links only), or none at all. -->
	<!-- Values: High StreamHigh Low StreamLow None -->
	<RemoveOldMedia>True</RemoveOldMedia>
	<!-- Choose whether or not you want to automatically delete old (non-referenced) posters and trailers. -->
	<XmlDataFile>C:\movietimes\moviedata.xml</XmlDataFile>
	<XmlSchemaDataFile>C:\movietimes\moviedata.xsd</XmlSchemaDataFile>
	<!-- Enter the file locations where you want to store the XML movie data and the associated XML Schema file. -->
</ConfigurationSettings>
locations file
<LocationList>
  <!--  Country: Select the country to retrieve movie listings for. -->
  <!--  Values: Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, United Kingdom, United States -->
  <!--  Locations: Select the postal code and/or city name to retrieve movie listings for. -->
  <!--  Active, Inactive: Select one or more theaters to retrieve movie listings for. -->
  <LocationDetails>
    <Country>United States</Country>
    <Locations>27604</Locations>
    <Active>Crossroads 20</Active>
    <Inactive>
    |Carmike Blue Ridge 14 Cinema|Carmike Fifteen|Colony Theatres|Galaxy Cinema|IMAX Theater Exploris|Marquee Cinemas - Wakefield 12|Mission Valley Cinema|Raleigh Grande Cinema|Raleighwood Cinema Grill|Regal Brier Creek Stadium 14|Regal North Hills Stadium 14|Rialto Theatre - Raleigh|Six Forks Station Cinema|UA Garner Town Square 10</Inactive>
  </LocationDetails>
</LocationList>

Last edited by key master; 05-16-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Sage User

fixed

that did it, thanks so much for your help. this add on is so unbelievably awesome.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Sage User

Thanks! I'm glad that fixed your problem. I posted a new version which includes this check now, among other things (see sig)

-Jim

Quote:
that did it, thanks so much for your help. this add on is so unbelievably awesome.

Last edited by key master; 05-24-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:27 AM
SageTVaholic

First off, this is a GREAT feature to have and I thank you for your effort. It took about a week to get this working with a client/server setup, but it was worth the pain. ;-)

Second, does MTSA automatically download higher res versions of the trailers when they become available? The functionality seems to be that if ANY trailer exists for a movie, it skips the search entirely. Is this the case? If so, is there any way to add the ability to overwrite lower res versions?

Regardless... thanks!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Sage User

How the logic works for MTSA is if a trailer already exists, no matter what resolution, the program will not look for another trailer for that movie.

The workaround is to just delete the trailer. MTSA will see that a trailer doesn't exist for that movie and will redownload the trailer at the resolution you selected.

Now, if a trailer doesn't exist (or it can't find it) in the quality that you select, MTSA will try the next lowest resolution. If that doesn't exist, the next lowest, etc.

-Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
First off, this is a GREAT feature to have and I thank you for your effort. It took about a week to get this working with a client/server setup, but it was worth the pain. ;-)

Second, does MTSA automatically download higher res versions of the trailers when they become available? The functionality seems to be that if ANY trailer exists for a movie, it skips the search entirely. Is this the case? If so, is there any way to add the ability to overwrite lower res versions?

Regardless... thanks!
Old 06-06-2007, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I guess there's no way to add this functionality? I'd rather not have a batch job delete all the trailers every day or so and needlessly hammer the sites hosting the files by redownloading the same trailer over and over. But, if that's my only option, I guess beggars can't be choosers! I'm definitely at the mercy of the experts.

Thanks again!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Sage User

Hmmm... so do you find that this happens a lot? For example, are you downloading HD trailers? So you mean that the HD trailer isn't available at first but then becomes available a few days later or something? If so, I could look into adding code that checks file size on Apple's site compared to the existing trailer and if it's out of some sort of % size range, redownload it.

First I need to know: if you delete the lower resolution trailer, does MTSA correctly download the higher resolution version? Do you have an example movie that this happened with?

-Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I guess there's no way to add this functionality? I'd rather not have a batch job delete all the trailers every day or so and needlessly hammer the sites hosting the files by redownloading the same trailer over and over. But, if that's my only option, I guess beggars can't be choosers! I'm definitely at the mercy of the experts.

Thanks again!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
Wow! what a pain in the butt to install. The install file should include the config file to start with and also it should say to extract everything in the C:\MTSA\ directory. In fact I don't know if its possible or if it needs to be done, but can the download include the latest files from the link in your sig and the instructions be changed to say the C:\MTSA\ directory insdead of the MovieTimes directory? It kept crashing until I went through the config file in notepad and saw it was looking for one file in the MTSA directory that was originally installed in the MovieTimes directory. Of coarse that was the config file I got from the link in your sig. But after an hour or so at least of playing around with it I finally got it and it works great. Only issue is some movies only show one showtime for one day when others show all of them for 5 days, but thats obviously a movietimes.com issue.

Edit: Also does this auto update or do I have to do it manualy?

Last edited by opy01; 06-08-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Sage User

I am only the author of MTSA. Morgan111 is the author of this plug-in. It sounds like the latest release might be missing the xml config files for some reason?

-Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by opy01 View Post
Wow! what a pain in the butt to install. The install file should include the config file to start with and also it should say to extract everything in the C:\MTSA\ directory. In fact I don't know if its possible or if it needs to be done, but can the download include the latest files from the link in your sig and the instructions be changed to say the C:\MTSA\ directory insdead of the MovieTimes directory? It kept crashing until I went through the config file in notepad and saw it was looking for one file in the MTSA directory that was originally installed in the MovieTimes directory. Of coarse that was the config file I got from the link in your sig. But after an hour or so at least of playing around with it I finally got it and it works great. Only issue is some movies only show one showtime for one day when others show all of them for 5 days, but thats obviously a movietimes.com issue.

Edit: Also does this auto update or do I have to do it manualy?
Old 06-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by key master View Post
I am only the author of MTSA. Morgan111 is the author of this plug-in. It sounds like the latest release might be missing the xml config files for some reason?

-Jim
Ooops, I meant to do that some time ago. I should be able to update that tonight.

Morgan
Old 06-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

screen saver question

I've been using the MT plugin for a while but just got around to turning on the screen saver. Does it always display the movies in alphabetical order? Is there a way to make it display in random order so I'm not seeing 1408 every single time it kicks in?

Thanks,
Tim
Old 06-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm getting choppy trailer playback on some of the videos, like Hostel2. I have a horse of a box with a 7800GTX 256 card, 2GB ram and an AMD Dual Core 4400+. Since these are .mov files, can I use Quicktime to play them? Or Media Player? If so, what command line switch would I add to force start them playing in full screen mode?

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 06-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by othy View Post
I've been using the MT plugin for a while but just got around to turning on the screen saver. Does it always display the movies in alphabetical order? Is there a way to make it display in random order so I'm not seeing 1408 every single time it kicks in?

Thanks,
Tim
I have the screen saver turned on too, but when it kicks into screensaver mode it's always from my photo directory. Any ideas?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by othy View Post

Thanks,
Tim
Hi Tim,

The current version of the screen saver just displays movies in alphabetical order. Of course when I saw your post I thought it sounded like a good idea. So I went ahead and coded up a randomize option for the screen saver. I also added a bit of code to prevent the same movie from being displayed twice in a row (as can happen when they are selected randomly). I sent the changes to Morgan so that he can fold them into his import. It sounded like he is pretty busy right now, so it might take a while to show up here. I just wanted to let you know that this is in the works.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-27-2007, 01:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
I have the screen saver turned on too, but when it kicks into screensaver mode it's always from my photo directory. Any ideas?
Hi Shield,

Do you mean that the screen saver is just showing a slide show? If that is the case, you have to go to the SageMC Options menu under Settings and find the Screensaver Options item to select the MovieTimes screen saver. It is at the bottom of the list under 'Main'.

BTW, I have seen your problems with getting the MovieTimes plugin working. IIRC, the missing files were an accidental omission from the import. I'm not sure if Morgan has had the time to fix this yet. I'm glad that you managed to get it worked out. If you have problems like that with any other plug-ins, you should definitely bring it up with the respective author. I'm sure we all want our imports/contributions to work as smoothly as possible.

Aloha,
Mike