SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:36 AM
Sage User

.NET Plugin Example?

Can anyone point me at the source for a .NET plugin template?

I'd like to have a go at implementing an MCE Blaster plugin in C# (with some J# maybe?).
Old 10-06-2006, 06:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAxeMan
Can anyone point me at the source for a .NET plugin template?

I'd like to have a go at implementing an MCE Blaster plugin in C# (with some J# maybe?).
Take a look at this plugin and the support thread.
WinAmp plugin
This was written in .NET 1.1. And deria has been quite helpful so you may be able to get some help there. Also check out the support thread. Valuable info there.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:13 AM
Sage User

Cheers - I did look through that but no source available. I'm sure there used to be a template to show how to write a plugin for J#..

I will PM deria and see if he wants to share some code..
Old 10-06-2006, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Cheers - I did look through that but no source available. I'm sure there used to be a template to show how to write a plugin for J#..

I will PM deria and see if he wants to share some code..
This was in the thread.

Source

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Sage User

Aha many thanks Gerry! I scanned that thread and completely missed the link.

Watching too much TV has made my eyes square
Old 10-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
You should adjust the aspect ratio.

Does this thread offer any help: HOWTO: Integrate VB or C# .NET Components Using the SageTV Studio (possibly not, since it is Studio integration related)

Do you already have the info about what a tuning plugin needs to do?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Aha many thanks Gerry! I scanned that thread and completely missed the link.

Are you done with the plugin yet?
Still watching too much TV?

Good luck.

We're all counting on you.

Gerry
Old 10-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
You should adjust the aspect ratio.

Does this thread offer any help: HOWTO: Integrate VB or C# .NET Components Using the SageTV Studio (possibly not, since it is Studio integration related)
Aha, that was the thread that I remembered from many moons ago! I did a .NET search on the forums and failed to spot that. Doh. Thanks for the pointer.

Quote:
Do you already have the info about what a tuning plugin needs to do?

- Andy
Absolutely none. I'm kinding still groping about how to implement this. Currently I rely on EXETUNER (actually EXEMULTITUNER) to call my .NET app to flash the MCE blasters. I find this quite difficult to setup on a number of levels and I'm supposed to be a propellerhead. There are issues around security and the way the service interacts with the desktop - in theory simple to fix but in reality they are hit and miss. It usually takes me an hour to get this working.

What would be nice is a simple plugin/STVi that just replaces EXETUNER to operate the MCE blasters. I have played around with Studio to quite a degree but never implemented an STVi. Maybe that is my first step. I guess I need to capture a channel change event or some such.

Or maybe it has to be a plugin. Either way at least I now have a couple of approaches and some code to look at.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Administrator

I moved this to the Studio section for the "how to" aspect, for lack of a better idea.

There is a comment about using the IRTuner plugin interface from Sourceforge.net here. I'm not sure if there is a more direct method to do this sort of thing, but that's all I know of. You email SageTV to ask if they know more, but they might still point you to that.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.