SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd
This is going to sound so idiotic... but exactly what does that mean?

If I use "Load Sage TV Application Package" on the -DetailedSetup/Advanced-menu .. Sage loses its mind. The screen does not refresh .. the menu items are over written on each other. It's a mess. If I stop and restart Sage ... I get menus on a black screen. So that's obviously wrong... or is it?

EDIT: ok --- no one said you had to do this from the ORIGINAL SAGETV3.
Now it's there. Thanks for putting up with me.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner753
Just did. Still a no show. And... should I see something in the Other Programs menu?
Are you sure you enabled using my compression in the SageMC prefs?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 02-05-2007, 06:04 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Are you sure you enabled using my compression in the SageMC prefs?
Just tried, then reloaded both. Still not showing.
Machine:Dell Dimension 9200;Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E6320 (4MB L2 cache,1.86GHz,1066FSB); RAM: 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs; Graphics Card: 128MB nVidia GeForce 8300 GS; Tuner: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE
Storage: OS/Apps: 160GB (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache ; Recordings: Seagate 300GB 7200 RPM SATA; Signal: Comcast Digital Cable with HD Converter;
Old 02-05-2007, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

EP,

I have a few questions.

Is the compression compatible with the Stock STV?
I installed it and all I get is send to DVD no compression show up.

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-05-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Still not seeing files

So I got the updates installed last night after some laughable errors on my part. All the menu items are there... and I can send a recording to "Compress". BUT! after DIRMON2 picks it up and starts the process I get "file does not exist" and the script stops.

I can do the drag & drop thing so I know that the script does work.. it just can't find any of my recordings from a client machine. My TV recording directory is drive "F" on the Sage Server. I have it mapped as UNC in Sage and as a mapped path on the client machine. (Drive F client = Drive F on server) The only reason I use it this way is that the server runs essentially headless so it's easier to schedule and burn from my personal machine at my desk rather than do the whole VNC thing.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So I got the updates installed last night after some laughable errors on my part. All the menu items are there... and I can send a recording to "Compress". BUT! after DIRMON2 picks it up and starts the process I get "file does not exist" and the script stops.

I can do the drag & drop thing so I know that the script does work.. it just can't find any of my recordings from a client machine. My TV recording directory is drive "F" on the Sage Server. I have it mapped as UNC in Sage and as a mapped path on the client machine. (Drive F client = Drive F on server) The only reason I use it this way is that the server runs essentially headless so it's easier to schedule and burn from my personal machine at my desk rather than do the whole VNC thing.

Any suggestions?
That's should be a pretty easy fix. All you need to do is go into perl2dvd.advanced.pref and fill out the item

General: Translate full paths to UNC paths =Z:\Full\Path::\\UNC\Path

In the same format as the example

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 02-05-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That's should be a pretty easy fix. All you need to do is go into perl2dvd.advanced.pref and fill out the item

General: Translate full paths to UNC paths =Z:\Full\Path::\\UNC\Path

In the same format as the example
Thanks EP... but apparently I am still an idiot....

My prefs are set to: General: Translate full paths to UNC paths =E:\TV::\\Medialab\Library (E)\TV

And this is what I get from the qdvd log:
Quote:
------------video Info Loop #0 ----------------
Full Path[0] = E:\TV\Inuyasha-TrappedinaDueltotheDeath-1971984-0.mpg
Full file[0] = (E:\TV\Inuyasha-TrappedinaDueltotheDeath-1971984-0).mpg
Video doesn't exist, stopping here
del "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\qdvd Folder\Inuyasha - Trapped in a Duel to the Death.vidLibList.0.qdvd"
Deleting fake shortcut: del "C:\temp\Inuyasha - Trapped in a Duel to the Death.vidLibList.0.burn_i.lnk"
Deleting status image: del "C:\temp\Inuyasha - Trapped in a Duel to the Death.vidLibList.0.burn_i.jpg"
del "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\qdvd Folder\Inuyasha - Trapped in a Duel to the Death.vidLibList.0.work"
Is anyone else having this issue? I attach the whole log file... just in case.
Thanks.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have a few questions about the plug-in

1. Can I burn a DVD without menus if I am only putting one show on it?
2. Can I burn DVD movie files that I ripped to my HDD? (I only rip the main movie, no extras)
3. If yes to 2, can the plug-in compress the DVD movie if it is too large or will I have to compress them with something else?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks EP... but apparently I am still an idiot....

My prefs are set to: General: Translate full paths to UNC paths =E:\TV::\\Medialab\Library (E)\TV

And this is what I get from the qdvd log:

Is anyone else having this issue? I attach the whole log file... just in case.
Thanks.
Yeah, it looks like there is a problem with the UNC translation. I'll try get it fixed in the next version.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats
I have a few questions about the plug-in

1. Can I burn a DVD without menus if I am only putting one show on it?
2. Can I burn DVD movie files that I ripped to my HDD? (I only rip the main movie, no extras)
3. If yes to 2, can the plug-in compress the DVD movie if it is too large or will I have to compress them with something else?
1 - Nope, every DVD gets a menu, theres no way around it.

2,3 - In the future I'd love to add some DVD->compressed video functionality, but I probably will never add any DVD->DVD.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
1 - Nope, every DVD gets a menu, theres no way around it.

2,3 - In the future I'd love to add some DVD->compressed video functionality, but I probably will never add any DVD->DVD.
Thanks a lot. I think it is unfortunate that there is no way to burn your ripped DVDs. I don't like taking the originals out of the house and thought it would be great if I could just pop a DVD+RW in the HTPC and have Sage burn it.

On the plus side I still don't have a good enough reason to upgrade to Sage V6 so I'll save my money.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:43 PM
SageTVaholic

evilpenguin ,

The ability to create DATA DVD's with the avi files and all the associated xml and my files is that only available in the SageMC version?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
evilpenguin ,

The ability to create DATA DVD's with the avi files and all the associated xml and my files is that only available in the SageMC version?
Yeah, I was just to lazy to add that to the SageTV version. I'll probably have it in the next version though.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

Hi EP, found a problem that may not be worth fixing in this version.

If I try a compress of a show via sendto and the show description contains quotes then the add2DVDQ process fails with an incorrect number of parameters.

I've only found 1 show that has quotes in the description which I got around by editing a qdvd file.

John
Old 02-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Evil, using your compression program trying to do 2 pass XVID, the process always errors out and never completes. An error that I see in the log repeatedly is:

"in.mpg: I/O error occured
Usually that means that input file is truncated and/or corrupted."

Any idea what might be wrong?

I have tried it on numerous recordings from different sources with the same result.

Here's a little more:

"------------ Creating error batch file ----------------
<** Done
Executing- "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\gm.exe" composite -resize 150x150 "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\error.png" "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\burnImage.jpg" "T:\OtherProgs\Tales From the Darkside - Slippage.vidLibList.22.burn.jpg"
** ERROR **
Could not find W:\SageTV\Tales From the Darkside - Slippage.vidLibList.22.WorkFolder\TalesFromtheDarkside-Slippage-1746568-0.2_perl2DVD_default.audONly.avi"

Last edited by rsagetv99; 02-16-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Evil, using your compression program trying to do 2 pass XVID, the process always errors out and never completes. An error that I see in the log repeatedly is:

"in.mpg: I/O error occured
Usually that means that input file is truncated and/or corrupted."

Any idea what might be wrong?

I have tried it on numerous recordings from different sources with the same result.

Here's a little more:

"------------ Creating error batch file ----------------
<** Done
Executing- "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\gm.exe" composite -resize 150x150 "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\error.png" "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\burnImage.jpg" "T:\OtherProgs\Tales From the Darkside - Slippage.vidLibList.22.burn.jpg"
** ERROR **
Could not find W:\SageTV\Tales From the Darkside - Slippage.vidLibList.22.WorkFolder\TalesFromtheDarkside-Slippage-1746568-0.2_perl2DVD_default.audONly.avi"
Right above that first error you should see
Code:
Getting encoder version numbers, ignore these errors
So that's not the issue, but the other thing looks like a problem.
Can you please post the entire logfile and/or the .zip (file if it exists)

Old 02-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

There was not a zip for any of the failed conversions.

Here is the entire log file.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
There was not a zip for any of the failed conversions.

Here is the entire log file.
Any luck with this Evil?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Any luck with this Evil?
My enthusiasm for debugging the current release is pretty low right now seeing as I'm getting pretty close to releasing the next version which is ~80% new code and therefore probably won't have the problem. So for now, I'd recommend sitting tight for another week or so while I sort out the last few bugs.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
My enthusiasm for debugging the current release is pretty low right now seeing as I'm getting pretty close to releasing the next version which is ~80% new code and therefore probably won't have the problem. So for now, I'd recommend sitting tight for another week or so while I sort out the last few bugs.
OK, no problem. Keep up the great work!

Do you have any teasers as to what features you are adding to the new version?
Closed Thread