SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs down So yeah...

Ok, I know I'm starting to become the dev who cried 'plug-in', but I just hit a new and overly dramatic snag...

The Great News: I got a fantastic new job yesterday
The Good News: I'm only a few STVi tweaks away from being finished
The Bad News: I may have just signed a contract that says I can't finish this plug-in

So, long story short, I just need to run this by some people and show them that the only thing this plug-in is a threat to is good coding practices and then I'm back in business. But until that happens (hopefully very soon) I pretty much have my hands tied. Sorry!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 06-05-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
The Bad News: I may have just signed a contract that says I can't finish this plug-in
Wow... hard to believe some people wouldn't want that plugin released... unless something about that is patented?? This sucks big time... I was very much looking forward to use it. Could you at least help fixing the 2.0.1a and get it working? If you could tell me where to look for having the menu send to working I would just do it.
If there is anything legal involved the "new" version might not see the light in this decade.

Erik
Old 06-05-2007, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

No, its just that part of my new company does DVD software and, even though there's no overlap, I need to make absolutly sure this doesn't break any of the moonlighting policies. Its more me being extra careful then someone telling me to stop. As much as I love Sage, I love a paycheck even more

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 06-05-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
No, its just that part of my new company does DVD software and, even though there's no overlap, I need to make absolutly sure this doesn't break any of the moonlighting policies. Its more me being extra careful then someone telling me to stop. As much as I love Sage, I love a paycheck even more
Yeah I see makes sense. However you would not need to release anything per see... your project is GPL so if everything is commited in the project repository anyone could do it.
Also I wouldn't have any problem paying for a dvd plugin. I have to confess that I have even been thinking about BTV

Erik
Old 06-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Do you think that you'll be able finish the non-dvd-burning parts of the plugin(i.e. normal video transcoding/recompression)?
Old 06-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor View Post
Do you think that you'll be able finish the non-dvd-burning parts of the plugin(i.e. normal video transcoding/recompression)?
I seond that - for default stv
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 06-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post
I seond that - for default stv
I'm sure that when it's released, there will also be an import for the default STV

John
Old 06-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Evilpenguin, has this been put on hold? Have you irresponsibly allowed your new job to interfere with your obligation to develop new software for us for free?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

No option to send files to DVD

OK, I've re-installed Sage 6.1 Client and followed the instructions to the letter. Any idea why I don't get the 'Send to DVD' options? I do get the ones under SageMC option and they are both set to enable so I think the import of the STVi went ok. Which STVi import ?button do I click? The one under settings or the one under setting-detailed setup
Old 06-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Need help installing

I have followed the instructions (as best I can..)

I installed DirMon2, ImgBurn, and uncompressed the zip using Winrar to my sagetv\sagetv directory.

I then run perl2dvdsetup, press enter on the wait for dirmon2 and sagetv to exit (they are not running), then selection options 1,2,3 for functions. (this is installed on a sagetv client.)

Next it prompts for the sagetv directory, but nothing I do will get me past this. All I can do is Control+C it. I can't type in the direectory, I can't press enter and get to continue. Nothing.

I don't see any files created in the sagetv folder for prefs either...

Help!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

This had me going a few seconds.A file selection window has popped up. It's probably hidden under the DOS window that you are now using!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Sage Icon

Would the problem with SageMC not using this compression for auto compression be in this plugin or in MC? That's the only thing I really need right now. Everything else would be gravy.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
I got everything installed per the intructions. I also assume I need to have DirMon2 running as a service, so I do. I told sage to compress a video and the qdvd file is created in the qdvd folder. Not too long after that a log file is created but the video is not compressed. In the Other programs folder in my C drive there are files created in there for the video I want compressed. Any clue on what to check would be great.

Edit: I got it. It does not work unless I have the "Other Programs" menu enabled in SageMC. I dont know why it wasnt enabled, maybe something to do with the iTV plug-in, but as soon as I enabled it they started compessing. Not bad either, 2 Gig file down to 500 Megs, I am really impressed. It never fails, I play with it for a couple of hours before asking for help and as soon as I ask for help I figure it out.

Last edited by opy01; 06-22-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Sage Icon

Any news on a possible update? If not, any suggestions on how to use a newer version of mencoder.exe?
Old 06-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Any news on a possible update? If not, any suggestions on how to use a newer version of mencoder.exe?
You can just replace the version of mencoder in the perl2dvd directory with the version you want.

John
Old 06-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Sage Icon

I tried the latest version included with mediacoder and nothing would compress.

All I got were errors.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Sage Icon

My real problem is the the volume on all the files that are compressed is really low. Maybe there's a way to adjust this in the profile?
Old 06-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I tried the latest version included with mediacoder and nothing would compress.

All I got were errors.
I just use one of the mencoder builds from here with no problems

John
Old 06-24-2007, 09:48 PM
SageTVaholic

toricred

If you are going to use Mencoder from mediacoder you need to copy additional DLLs over. What I did was copy everything over but did not include FFMPEG that is in the codec folder and everything works great.

Do not copy over the FFMPEG over because the version FFMPEG included in perldvd uses MPS to figure out bitrate and the the one included with mediacoder uses KPS.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-24-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Sage Icon

I didn't read your entire post before I copied them all over and started several compressions. I stopped after only a couple and replaced ffmpeg. I haven't watched any of them so I don't know how bad it is yet.

By the way, how do I modify the profile to handle audio differently or can I just create a new profile?
Closed Thread