SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
I just recently got an HDhomerun (best thing since sliced bread) and i've been playing around with HDTV again and unfortunately it looks like my script just doesn't work for compressing HDTV and I can't figure out why (HDTV->DVD works great though ). This next version won't fix it, but its on top of my todo list after that.
Well, I'm having the same luck with the built-in compression in Sage. HDTV to HDTV does not work, but HDTV to DVD works just fine...
Old 12-05-2006, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up

12/05/06 v2.0d -
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where a file overwrite warning was hanging the process
  • Bugfix: Fixed some lazy code when looking for the preference file
  • Bugfix: Removed some unnecessary file deletes
  • Bugfix: If video bitrate is to high, force it to transcoded
  • Bugfix: Estimated encode size is now more accurate
  • Bugfix: Detect if DVD image is unexpectedly small
  • Bugfix: Fixed thumbnail generation
  • Bugfix: Deleting logfile wasn’t working properly
  • Bugfix: dvdList.log is overwritten instead of appended to prevent it from getting too big
  • Enhancement: Added easy mutlti video DVD creation and improved easy single video DVD creation. See included example batch files for details.
  • Enhancement: In case of error, all relevant batch files will be zipped and placed next to the .qdvd file. This way, when you have a problem, just post the zip file on the forum.
  • Enhancement: Added profile option to specify an output folder for compressed videos. When you use this the originals will not be deleted
  • Enhancement: Added option to specify qdvd folder in perl2dvdsetup

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Can you post the qdvd.log file?

Sure (renamed to a .txt for the forum).

It's not too high priority if I cant encode HDTV. Thats probably 80% of what I want to compress.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation v2.0d download isn't correct

The download section isn't letting me upload my new file for some reason. I'll try and sort this out tomorrow.

Update: It appears to be working now. Just check to make sure your download includes "multi_video_dvd_example.bat". If so, then you got the right one.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-05-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Angry

The download section is giving me nothing but trouble. I've been trying to upload a quick fix to 2.0d all morning and it keeps timing out on me. I'm gonna have to start looking for my own file storage because this is getting very frustrating

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-06-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah, there's no smarts involved. I just read your comskip file and cut those sections out. So if you have it set to auto-compress and you commercial detecting gets it wrong then that section of show is sent to bit heaven.

I recommend only setting shows you don't really care about to auto-convert (like re-runs and stuff) and compressing your first-runs manually after you've watched 'em once and know you're happy with the comskip.

A good feature in the future would be to be able to opt out of cutting commercials from the STV, instead of having it be cut every show or cut no shows.
Hey Evil, how's it going?

I just started using the MC version of your software specifically for the commercial cutting enhancement, and the auto-compression.

If I understand the commercial cutting feature, it sounds like it is only available when creating a DVD, or when using auto-compression.

Can you add an option to cut commercials in the "Send To" compression popup? One way you could do it is to add commercial cutting profiles to the list of compression profiles, but that would add 4 or more profiles. Alternatively commercial cutting could have its own popup like the "keep original/replace original screen".

Also, could you give the option to not cut the commercials when using the auto-compress feature?

Thanks again for these extremely useful tools.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Talking SourceForged!

From now on the downloads will be hosted by the good people over at SourceForge.

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=181485

This is going to make developing much easier!

Old 12-06-2006, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Hey Evil, how's it going?

I just started using the MC version of your software specifically for the commercial cutting enhancement, and the auto-compression.

If I understand the commercial cutting feature, it sounds like it is only available when creating a DVD, or when using auto-compression.

Can you add an option to cut commercials in the "Send To" compression popup? One way you could do it is to add commercial cutting profiles to the list of compression profiles, but that would add 4 or more profiles. Alternatively commercial cutting could have its own popup like the "keep original/replace original screen".

Also, could you give the option to not cut the commercials when using the auto-compress feature?

Thanks again for these extremely useful tools.
Currently you can enable commercial cutting for all DVD's and/or all compressions (auto or manual) in the advanced.pref file.

However, I'm working on a massive overhaul to the encoding profiles that should allow everything you're asking for.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Currently you can enable commercial cutting for all DVD's and/or all compressions (auto or manual) in the advanced.pref file.

However, I'm working on a massive overhaul to the encoding profiles that should allow everything you're asking for.
I had this option set to 1 for both DVDs and Mencoder. It works for DVDs but it is not doing it on compressed videos, any ideas?
Old 12-06-2006, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I had this option set to 1 for both DVDs and Mencoder. It works for DVDs but it is not doing it on compressed videos, any ideas?
Can you post a qdvd.log file?

Old 12-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Can you post a qdvd.log file?
I was about to but then I noticed that I don't have any qdvd log files for the compressed shows in my qdvd folder. I have the DVD log files, but not the compression log files. Could it be that your compression software is not enabled somehow?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was about to but then I noticed that I don't have any qdvd log files for the compressed shows in my qdvd folder. I have the DVD log files, but not the compression log files. Could it be that your compression software is not enabled somehow?
Did you enable using my compression and disable using the stock compression?

edit: Oops, that's not even in my directions. In the way bottom of the SageMC->Main options, there's an option to disable using the stock compression. Disable that, and it will start using my plug-in.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-06-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Did you enable using my compression and disable using the stock compression?

edit: Oops, that's not even in my directions. In the way bottom of the SageMC->Main options, there's an option to disable using the stock compression. Disable that, and it will start using my plug-in.
Thanks, that did it.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

comments and suggestions for improvement

Quote:
From now on the downloads will be hosted by the good people over at SourceForge.

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=181485

This is going to make developing much easier!
Thanks again evil for all your work!

A few comments and suggestions, in no particular order....

--The download has a zip extension, but needs to be opened with winrar (as the previous instructions mentioned)

--Installing the new stvi over top of the existing one 'hung' my sage screen... No problem, it was time to upgrade to RC1 which reset everything back to the 'stock' stv (I was too lazy to figure which file to edit to get back to the original stv)

--mencoder was overwritten... no problem again, as sourceforge had an updated one for my cpu. I will now save a copy in a subfolder. any way to see what cpu is on the box, and have the appropriate mencoder used?

--printable 'dvd case' covers would be a great addition

--why not get together with the sagemc folks, and have your program integrated directly into sagemc... food for thought, remember this is a very popular stv import

Larry
Old 12-06-2006, 09:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf
Thanks again evil for all your work!
You're welcome

Quote:
--The download has a zip extension, but needs to be opened with winrar (as the previous instructions mentioned)
Good call, I don't need to name it as a zip anymore. I'll fix that tomorrow.

Quote:
--Installing the new stvi over top of the existing one 'hung' my sage screen... No problem, it was time to upgrade to RC1 which reset everything back to the 'stock' stv (I was too lazy to figure which file to edit to get back to the original stv)
You don't actually need to reimport the STVi as it hasn't changed since the original v2.0. That being said it should never hang anything, so i'll look into it.

Quote:
--mencoder was overwritten... no problem again, as sourceforge had an updated one for my cpu. I will now save a copy in a subfolder. any way to see what cpu is on the box, and have the appropriate mencoder used?
Yeah, that's annoying, i'll fix that for the next version.

Quote:
--printable 'dvd case' covers would be a great addition
My next project is to overhaul the menu generation and hopefully it will include this also.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hello.

I'm having an ever so slight problem where the log is telling me that "Video doesn't exist" whenever I try to burn a DVD. No issues with recompression.

Any thoughts? I'm attaching a log file for reference.

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor
Old 12-09-2006, 11:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead
Hello.

I'm having an ever so slight problem where the log is telling me that "Video doesn't exist" whenever I try to burn a DVD. No issues with recompression.

Any thoughts? I'm attaching a log file for reference.
First, a little thing, go into the perl2dvd.pref and change your burner drive to 'F:' instead of 'f'.

Second, are these files on a different computer than the one running dirmon? If so then you'll need to run dirmon2 as a user with administrative privileges, such as yourself. Check out my dirmon2 install page for details...

Let me know if that works.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
First, a little thing, go into the perl2dvd.pref and change your burner drive to 'F:' instead of 'f'.

Second, are these files on a different computer than the one running dirmon? If so then you'll need to run dirmon2 as a user with administrative privileges, such as yourself. Check out my dirmon2 install page for details...

Let me know if that works.
That seem to have worked. one interesting note- I was unable to start the DirMon service until I had to set the user name and password from the services control panel (instead of within DirMon). Once I did that, I could stop and start the service just fine.

I'll let Jere know, since this isn't really an issue with your STVi. Otherwise, it's so far so good- a DVD conversion is underway as I type this.

Thanks, Evil.

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor
Old 12-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Sage User

How can I remove an item from the queue?

I had a system crash yesterday during the processing of an mpeg, and now it appears to be stuck in a loop. It has been showing a blue bubble for well over 12 hours and has not completed. I have successfully processed mpegs over similar size/duration in the past in much less time.

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chroner
How can I remove an item from the queue?

I had a system crash yesterday during the processing of an mpeg, and now it appears to be stuck in a loop. It has been showing a blue bubble for well over 12 hours and has not completed. I have successfully processed mpegs over similar size/duration in the past in much less time.

Thanks.
Right now, the plug-in has no idea what to do when the system crashes. If the system reboots in the middle of a conversion there will be a .work file next to the .qdvd file and dirmon will think that it is still processing and won't relaunch it. So even though the icon is blue in other programs menu, nothing is actually happening.

You'll have to clean it out manually by deleting the work folders, the shortcut and jpg in sageOthers, and then you can just delete the .work file and it will start processing again.

Closed Thread