SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Sage User

Clean Install - Which Licenses?

I am having an issue with Sage Running in Service mode, it will not display an image. One of the suggestions is to do a fresh install. What I'm not sure about is which Licenses do I use, do I enter my version 4 license and then my version 6 upgrade, or do I just enter the version 6 upgrade?

It would seem that I would just enter my licenses in the order I received them, would that be correct?

Currently, I'm running SageTV 6.0.12 SageMC 6.2.0a, if I upgrade either SageTV or SageMC beyond this point, and run in Service Mode, I get a black screen and Sage brings my CPU usage to 100%.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Unless you are installing on a new machine or manually clear the registry setting, I don't think you'll be asked to enter your license. But here is the answer to a question about using the upgrade license from another post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I double checked w/SageTV & yes, you'll need to keep your old license around. If you install v6 on a new system w/o any previous SageTV license already in use, then you'll need to first enter your old license when SageTV runs for the first time. After you enter the pre-v6 (OK, pre-v5) license, it should ask for the v6 upgrade license. If it doesn't do that immediately, it should do so the next time SageTV is started.

- Andy
Old 11-25-2006, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a URL which explains how to cleanly remove all traces of old sageTV installations; or, possibly a windows utility? I would prefer to start totally clean with version 6 (all except for Wiz.bin). I also have an upgrade license for version 6.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by malore
Unless you are installing on a new machine or manually clear the registry setting, I don't think you'll be asked to enter your license. But here is the answer to a question about using the upgrade license from another post.
Thanks, I did not see that post, I appreciate the info!
Keith