SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Advice on what to purchase to use 3 cable boxes

I've been using Sage since 2.x and think I could get this setup without any input, however, I know there are people that tinker with sage much more then I do, so I would like some advice.

Ok, here is my current setup:

Sage server with a Dual NVidia Tuner and a Hauppauge PVR 250. The two NVidia tuners are fed cable straight from the wall jack and the PVR250 uses svideo from my cable box and an actsys ir blaster to change the channels.

Comcast is planning on shutting off the analog feeds in my area in the next few months so I must get 2 cable boxes(currently have them, just hooked up to other TV's) and feed the Dual NVidia tuners with the cable boxes and also control the channel changing on them.

So what equipment and even hook up method would be best practices.

Thanks,
Jim/Bandit

p.s. Just realized I propbably posted this in wrong forum, feel free to move it Opus Sorry

Last edited by Bandit; 11-25-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Administrator

If there isn't a way to change the channels on the new boxes via serial, firewire, or whatever direct connection, then I would consider switching your IR blaster to the USB-UIRT, since one of those units can control 3 (or more) boxes.

Perhaps mention what boxes you already have, in case someone else has comments on them.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Duh on my part..all of them are Motorola DTC2000 Series with Serial ports. I attempted to use serial on the one I currently am using with sage, but it'd only change the channel once and every other time would just cause a beep on my computer. I gave up troubleshooting and kept the actsys in use since it worked fine.