SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
6.0.15 randomly minimizes

I've been using v6.0 since 6.0.13 and now with 6.0.15, the UI randomly minimizes itself to the task bar. I've seen this happen during playback as well as just navigating the menu (I've even just left the menu up when i went to bed and it was minimized in the morning).

I'm running FSE in 780p and have the dynamic main menu STVI loaded.

Any idea what is causing this or even a way to troubleshoot it would be appreciated.

Mike
Old 11-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Is some other app doing something that brings it into focus? When running in FSE mode, SageTV will have to minimize itself any time some other app takes focus, since by definition, FSExclusive mode can't share the screen w/anything else. If this is the case, perhaps Tweak UI's option to prevent apps from stealing focus would help.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I went on and loaded tweekUI and set the focus item correctly but it just minimized again. The screen shows no program popups or anything active other than sage going to the tray.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

May I ask what TweakUI is? I always have a certain program steal focus and I would LOVE a program that would deny focus to any other windows program!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott_m
I went on and loaded tweekUI and set the focus item correctly but it just minimized again. The screen shows no program popups or anything active other than sage going to the tray.
Any other utilities running, even if they don't seem to have a window open? And, here's a previous discussion on this.

I don't know what else would be causing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus79m
May I ask what TweakUI is? I always have a certain program steal focus and I would LOVE a program that would deny focus to any other windows program!
It is one of the Microsoft PowerToys for Windows.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4

It is one of the Microsoft PowerToys for Windows.

- Andy
So with the Powertoys I can make sure that focus will NEVER be taken away from Sage? Doesn anyone have a step to step tutorial on this?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

I had a similar problem...

The first time I would start to play a program after starting up the Sage UI (I run Sage as a service and as a "client" on the same server) it would minimize and continue to play. I set up a button on my Firefly and Girder that would maximize the window.

Interesting thing is this was a problem I started to have with the 6 betas, but with 6.0.15 it has not surfaced again.

I checked and I had NO other programs running that would attempt to steal focus, other than programs like Girder that are in the status bar.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well an update on this. I did the powertoys thing and it didn't seem to work the way I wanted but now Sage is set itself so you can't windowize it. My only choice now is to put sage into standby to get to the desktop. At least the problem seems to have gone away with it minimizing to the taskbar.

Mike
Old 12-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

For me, I found that it was AVG updating itself and running periodic scans. Disabled auto updates and scans, and didn't have a problem since.

Flips
Old 12-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Sage

We added a property for the next build so SageTV won't disable FSE when it loses focus for those of you that desire this. It's:

disable_fse_on_focus_lost

It defaults to true.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
We added a property for the next build so SageTV won't disable FSE when it loses focus for those of you that desire this. It's:

disable_fse_on_focus_lost

It defaults to true.
So if you set it to "False" if I start a program from within SageTV it will not steal focus any longer? That's GREAT news!
Old 12-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus79m
So if you set it to "False" if I start a program from within SageTV it will not steal focus any longer? That's GREAT news!
That's NOT correct. Other programs CAN still steal the focus; it just won't cause SageTV to drop out of FSE when that happens. This is somewhat problematic in certain cases since you won't be able to see what actually stole the focus; and if it requires action you'll just have to guess at it. That's why this will be set to true by default.

Mainly this is meant to handle notifications that popup and disappear that also happen to temporarily steal the system focus.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Sage Icon

I can't wait for this option... now I'll be able to have sage client opened on my TV while still working on my monitor with other programs, just like the old days...

Old 12-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
That's NOT correct. Other programs CAN still steal the focus; it just won't cause SageTV to drop out of FSE when that happens. This is somewhat problematic in certain cases since you won't be able to see what actually stole the focus; and if it requires action you'll just have to guess at it. That's why this will be set to true by default.

Mainly this is meant to handle notifications that popup and disappear that also happen to temporarily steal the system focus.
I'm not 100% to understand what will happen if I have disable_fse_on_focus_lost set to false. So if another program crashes in the background then sagetv will stay in FSE but the focus will be given to the error box in the background? Isn't there any way to just leave all the focus to SageTV?

Erik.