SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Bob,

I just gave 0.2.3 a quick run and all appears good. I'll go edit and process a few more shows later to confirm.

Mick.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Bob,
I just installed this and when I go to specify the video redo directory, the box comes up empty with nothing to select. Thanks for your work.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
Bob,
I just installed this and when I go to specify the video redo directory, the box comes up empty with nothing to select. Thanks for your work.
Try importing it a second time. Others have reported this problem but I cannot duplicate it. Also make sure when you extract the files the the JAR file is replaced.

Only things I can think of.

BobP.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
Try importing it a second time. Others have reported this problem but I cannot duplicate it. Also make sure when you extract the files the the JAR file is replaced.

Only things I can think of.

BobP.
Thanks Bob that did it.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up

Hey Bob,

I've been doing some more editing and haven't been able to find any situation where the dirty flag doesn't work correctly. Well done.

I went for a poke around today to see if I could understand what's going on in studio (it's still a bit confusing in there for me btw) and worked out that I could change DisplayControls=true to false as in the screenshot below to have the mouse controls not appear by default in fullscreen. This works well for me as I don't have to toggle off the option every time I go into fullscreen edit mode. Do you think it's worth adding this behavior as a config option?

I've been taking a look to see how I might go about adding a send to Video Editor option to sagemc but it's apparent that I will need to actually read some of the studio docco before I can work this stuff out Do you think this would be a difficult to accomplish in a rough, hack, proof of concept kind of way?

Mick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg notoggle.JPG (34.4 KB, 367 views)
Old 02-03-2007, 09:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp
Hey Bob,

I've been doing some more editing and haven't been able to find any situation where the dirty flag doesn't work correctly. Well done.
Great!
Quote:
I went for a poke around today to see if I could understand what's going on in studio (it's still a bit confusing in there for me btw) and worked out that I could change DisplayControls=true to false as in the screenshot below to have the mouse controls not appear by default in fullscreen. This works well for me as I don't have to toggle off the option every time I go into fullscreen edit mode. Do you think it's worth adding this behavior as a config option?
I could add this to another maintenance version (0.2.4). Version 0.3 is coming along but it is still going to be a while (maybe a month) before I have it finished.
Quote:
I've been taking a look to see how I might go about adding a send to Video Editor option to sagemc but it's apparent that I will need to actually read some of the studio docco before I can work this stuff out Do you think this would be a difficult to accomplish in a rough, hack, proof of concept kind of way?
No but you will have to disable some code in the "before menu load" hook in the Video Edit Menu. As I purposefully close the current video that is playing when I load the menu. Also you will probably want to change it so that it starts up in full screen mode. I'll see what I can do for this as well. Next weekend though.

BobP.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Great!
I could add this to another maintenance version (0.2.4). Version 0.3 is coming along but it is still going to be a while (maybe a month) before I have it finished.
No but you will have to disable some code in the "before menu load" hook in the Video Edit Menu. As I purposefully close the current video that is playing when I load the menu. Also you will probably want to change it so that it starts up in full screen mode. I'll see what I can do for this as well. Next weekend though.

BobP.
Thanks Bob,

Much appreciated.

Mick.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Bob,

I have a request. I've used this plugin and like it a lot for when I want to edit out commercials using the remote control. Many times I just use VideoReDo from a client computer to do the editing. One thing I can't do using VideoReDo directly is replace the original recording with the edited one.

Any way you can put out a small application that just replaces one file with another? I would find this really useful.

Thanks for the consideration.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda
Any way you can put out a small application that just replaces one file with another? I would find this really useful.
Tom, I just use a small batch file
Code:
echo off
if not exist "%~dpn1 (02).mpg" goto end
touch -r %1 "%~dpn1 (02).mpg"
del %1
ren "%~dpn1 (02).mpg" %~nx1
:end
echo end
After editing with VideoReDo, and saving using the default filename (with the (02) name) right click on the original MPG, select Open With / Choose Program and browse to the batch file you've created. From then it will show up in the Open With list.

John
Old 02-07-2007, 11:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda
Bob,

I have a request. I've used this plugin and like it a lot for when I want to edit out commercials using the remote control. Many times I just use VideoReDo from a client computer to do the editing. One thing I can't do using VideoReDo directly is replace the original recording with the edited one.

Thanks for the consideration.

Tom
You can edit from a client that has VideoReDo installed and replace it now with this plugin (replace is an option). Or do you want to do it with ones that you have already edited? If so version 0.3 will allow you to associate a video to an airing in the SageTV database. It will not be out for a month as it is a complete rewrite of the current underlying code. It will allow you to take the airing associated with your unedited file and reassociate it to the imported video that has been edited. This will of course make the unedited video an imported video but you can then just delete it whenever.

BobP.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:17 AM
SageTVaholic

New maintenance release v0.2.4:

No fixes this time but a couple of quick feature additions:
  • Added an option to the options menu (Display Options) to hide the controls when toggling to full screen mode
  • Added menu item to the OSD menu to goto the VideoEdit menu with the currently playing video as the selected menu
  • (SageMC only) Added menu item to the SendTo menu to go to the VideoEdit menu with the currently selected video.
If you have any problems let me know.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 02-11-2007 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Added menu item to the OSD menu to goto the VideoEdit menu with the currently playing video as the selected menu
Cool: I was about to ask for that

(Ps thanks for this plugin: it has been on my todo list for years: Now I can cross it off )
Old 02-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
New maintenance release v0.2.4:

No fixes this time but a couple of quick feature additions:
  • Added an option to the options menu (Display Options) to hide the controls when toggling to full screen mode
  • Added menu item to the OSD menu to goto the VideoEdit menu with the currently playing video as the selected menu
  • (SageMC only) Added menu item to the SendTo menu to go to the VideoEdit menu with the currently selected video.
If you have any problems let me know.
Yay. Thanks Bob.

Mick.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bob,

I don't know ath I have done, but since I intsalled the last version of sage, the button under the mouse is blank in your video edit plugin.

Look at the attachment.

After downgrading to 6.1.3 the problem is gone. There is a problem with 6.1.4.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage.jpg (163.6 KB, 328 views)

Last edited by talonmike; 03-12-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry I noticed that on a couple of my other plugins. Not positively sure what has been changed in 6.1.4 but I do know how to fix it in most cases. I'll see what I can do for this but it is likely to be Wednesday or later for a fix - sorry.

BobP.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Sorry I noticed that on a couple of my other plugins. Not positively sure what has been changed in 6.1.4 but I do know how to fix it in most cases. I'll see what I can do for this but it is likely to be Wednesday or later for a fix - sorry.

BobP.
Thanks Bob. Let me know when your new version will be available. I am using your plugin very often.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonmike View Post
Thanks Bob. Let me know when your new version will be available. I am using your plugin very often.
New version uploaded that will give you button text with SageTV 6.1.4. That was the only change. If you see any buttons that are missing text let me know but I think I got them all.

BobP.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
New version uploaded that will give you button text with SageTV 6.1.4. That was the only change. If you see any buttons that are missing text let me know but I think I got them all.

BobP.

thanks it worked.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

Need help with cutting out commercials.

I have everything installed and I have ShowAnalyzer and DirMon2 for commercial dectection.

I load a file, it sees the commercials marked as red, I then select "Cut Files", "Delete the Selected Format Cut file" and then I confirm with "Are you sure you want to delete cut files". I select "yes" and nothing happens.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what this does. Does this take a movie and get's rid of the commercials or not? So that I end up with one file with no commercials?
Old 03-17-2007, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
Need help with cutting out commercials.

I have everything installed and I have ShowAnalyzer and DirMon2 for commercial dectection.

I load a file, it sees the commercials marked as red, I then select "Cut Files", "Delete the Selected Format Cut file" and then I confirm with "Are you sure you want to delete cut files". I select "yes" and nothing happens.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what this does. Does this take a movie and get's rid of the commercials or not? So that I end up with one file with no commercials?
What you did was just to delete the edl file by doing that. You need VideoReDo to actually cut the commercials from the file. Without it you can adjust the cut points to make them more accurate but that is it.