SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC - .my files

I've searched around the forums and haven't been able to decipher what exactly .my files do for me.

Can anyone give a quick run-down for me of what they are and why they'd be beneficial?

-DAn
Old 01-04-2007, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker
I've searched around the forums and haven't been able to decipher what exactly .my files do for me.

Can anyone give a quick run-down for me of what they are and why they'd be beneficial?

-DAn
Hi Dan,

.my files are simple text files that contain show info like Title, Description, Year, etc, and are named exactly the same as the corresponding video file, just with a .my extension. If a .my file is present in the same directory as the video file, SageMC will show this information in the 'Program Info' menu, instead of the info available in the wiz.bin.

.my files are useful for those who externally compress their TV shows and want to preserve the show information (after the compression and moving the video into the Video Library all that info is gone, unless you use the V6 built-in compression).It can also be valuable if you have imported videos for which neither IMDB or DVD Profiler can provide show info, or if you simply want to customize the info shown for certain videos.

Dirk
Old 01-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Dan,

.my files are simple text files that contain show info like Title, Description, Year, etc, and are named exactly the same as the corresponding video file, just with a .my extension. If a .my file is present in the same directory as the video file, SageMC will show this information in the 'Program Info' menu, instead of the info available in the wiz.bin.

.my files are useful for those who externally compress their TV shows and want to preserve the show information (after the compression and moving the video into the Video Library all that info is gone, unless you use the V6 built-in compression).It can also be valuable if you have imported videos for which neither IMDB or DVD Profiler can provide show info, or if you simply want to customize the info shown for certain videos.

Dirk
Thanks Dirk.

What seems to have happened with my Sage is that during a system upgrade (involving a disk clone), my compressed shows have been removed from the "Recorded Shows" section and now only show up in the "Video Library." (the MPEG2 shows show up just as before).

In the future, I can create .my files even for compressed shows using the built-in compression and use that info as a back-up in case anything ever happens to wiz.bin??

-Dan
Old 01-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Sage User

H

I'm also a newbe and as such interested in everything. Cane anybody tell me how a .my should look like?
Which format is necessary, which fields can be used?

Thanks
webdb
Old 01-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

Here you will find an example of a .my file as well as information and an import to use them if you do not have SageMC installed.

Quote:
In the future, I can create .my files even for compressed shows using the built-in compression and use that info as a back-up in case anything ever happens to wiz.bin??
I do not know about SageMC's .my feature support but I do know that the Import from JREkiwi from my link above allows you to make a .my file for anything in the database or in the guide. So even though Sage no longer sees the videos and now displays them in your import folder, they should still be in the database.
Example Star Trek. I had watch some episodes prior to buying the DVD set then I ripped the episodes to .mp4 files. I used the .my file stvi to make .my files for all Airings of Star Trek. This created a .my file for every ST episode that I had marked as watched and all future airings in the guide (2 weeks worth).
Old 01-04-2007, 04:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I do not know about SageMC's .my feature support but I do know that the Import from JREkiwi from my link above allows you to make a .my file for anything in the database or in the guide. So even though Sage no longer sees the videos and now displays them in your import folder, they should still be in the database.
Example Star Trek. I had watch some episodes prior to buying the DVD set then I ripped the episodes to .mp4 files. I used the .my file stvi to make .my files for all Airings of Star Trek. This created a .my file for every ST episode that I had marked as watched and all future airings in the guide (2 weeks worth).
Yep, it's the same in SageMC

Dirk
Old 01-04-2007, 07:33 PM

Will SageMC generate .my files when running in service mode?
It never seems to work for me. Only when I run SageTV server directly.
I've set for automatic generation but no dice.
Following are set in my sage.properties
sagemc/generate_my_files=true
sagemc/enable_my_files=true

Last edited by mreamy; 01-04-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreamy
Will SageMC generate .my files when running in service mode?
It never seems to work for me. Only when I run SageTV server directly.
I've set for automatic generation but no dice.
Following are set in my sage.properties
sagemc/generate_my_files=true
sagemc/enable_my_files=true
Which SageMC version are you running ?

Dirk
Old 01-05-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Which SageMC version are you running ?

Dirk
I'm running 6.3.1 SageMC along with 6.0.19 SageTV Server.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dirk,
For me the .my file addition is one of the best updates in SageMC.
However, there is a problem which spoils the fun:
My epg is produced by xmltv.
In the programdescription part of all programs in my epgdata.xml there are double Linefeeds (most of the time immediately after the first word of the descriptioncontent). I get the impression that the translation from epgdata to .my-file sees these Linefeeds as the termination of the descriptionpart (in stead of </desc>).
The result is that in all .my-files the program-info shows only the first word of the description.

Am I wright in my assumption and if yes, could you please do something about it?

jan
Old 01-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have solved my problem (fixed the symptoms) by adding to my grabber a script that replaces the linefeeds in the middle of the programdescriptions by spaces. It works now the way it should, so I am happy with it.

I am surprised though, that nobody reacted to my post.
I use TVGIDS.nl as the source of my epgdata and thought most people in Holland (and some in Begium?) do the same.
So I just wonder if they don't have the problem I had (?).

Or is nobody using the .my-file, which I can hardly believe?

jan
Old 01-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Jan,

I'm also using XMLTV - Belgium/Flanders - but get the data from www.teveblad.be. I use JXMLTV v0.4.0. - should upgrade to v0.6. The EPG data provided does not include linefeeds, so I do not have that issue.

However, would like to know if you checked at the time the .my file? I believe that if the .my file includes in its description a linefeed, SageTV only displays the text until the first linefeed (so same result as you had). If you haven't checked the .my file at the time, it may not have been a problem of not all data being copied into the .my file, but actually to be copied too good - linefeeds included. And those linefeeds caused the problem when SageTV was reading the .my file.

Jan
Old 01-12-2007, 05:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Jan,
Yes the timing of the creation of the .my-file may have to do with it.
I cannot check that, since at the moment my epgdata.xml does not have any linefeeds in the descriptionpart any more.

What I know for sure is that:
When I record a program, Sage creates the mpg file in my capture directory.
When after that I select this recorded program, Sage shows the complete description, including linefeeds. When I now do a "send to .my File" Sage creates a .my file with the same name as the recording.
When I move the recording and the .my file (with or without changing both names) to one of my video-library directories and do a rescan, the recording shows up in this new directory, but the program-info only shows (in many cases) a one-word description.
When I open the .my file in notepad, all the description-info is there, but (in many cases) after the first word of the description, there are one or two characters which I cannot produce on my keyboard. They look like little square zero's. If I look in the epgdata.xml file, it shows in this position of the programdescription two linefeeds.
When in notepad I change the little square zero's by a space and save the .my file, the problem is solved and the program-info shows the complete description again (now without a linefeed after the first word).

I could of course always do it this way, and modify the .my file if I decide I want to keep a recording in my video-library, but I have chosen to automate this by taking the linefeeds out of the description in the epgdata.xml.

I call this fixing the symptoms, because the real solution would be if the .my file (that is created after the recording) would be allowed to have linefeeds.

jan
Old 01-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question SageTV .my file bug?

Jan,

Yep, that's it. Those squares are the linefeeds.

I would even consider naming this a SageTV issue, not a .my file issue. The linefeeds are processed correctly through the EPG data into the SageTV data, and are displayed correctly. They are copied correctly in the .my file, but than SageTV does not display them anymore correctly.

Jan
Old 01-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
Yep, that's it. Those squares are the linefeeds.

I would even consider naming this a SageTV issue, not a .my file issue. The linefeeds are processed correctly through the EPG data into the SageTV data, and are displayed correctly. They are copied correctly in the .my file, but than SageTV does not display them anymore correctly.
It's not a SageTV issue. The problem you are seeing is a result of the .my file format. The format only supports a single line of data for each tag and the linefeed means it's the end of data for the tag.

It may be possible for flachbar to remove the linefeeds when creating the .my files. In the import for the default STV I needed to do that with some IMDB data.

John