SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Sage User

Just bought 2 MVPs (got a v1.2 and 2.0)

I just bought 2 MVPs from Newegg and received one version 1.2 and one 2.0. The 2.0 has coaxial spdif out which appears to be about the only difference. Shipping one back and exchanging it would be about $12 and the hassle.

Would you:

A. Keep both?
B Exchange the 1.2 for a 2.0?
C. Exchange the 2.0 for a 1.2?

I probably will not ever use the spdif audio out but you never know.

Also is there any difference other than the spdif that would make you want one version over the other.

Thanks.

Clients : 1 HD Extender, 2 wired MVPs and 1 Placeshifter
Old 01-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

I have two MVP's and mine are like yours with different firmware revs.

I too was concerned at first, but it really dosent matter. My understanding is that the firmware is merely for boot up, after that, SageTV installs it's own software and you see the green "SageTV booting up message" on the MVP.

Others here have said that there is no way for us end users to upgrade the firmware on the MVPs.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I have two different versions and they work fine. I have no use for the coax spdif out and no way would I do wireless. So these more than meet my expectations and are configured identically. Nothing special for either one. Running SageMC on both.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Some of the older models had a problem that caused the video to be darker and redder than it should be. The problem was hit or miss, some MVPs had it and some did not. If your "older" MVP has the problem send it back immediately. If the PQ is OK and you do not need or want the SPDIF, it will not matter a whole lot.

The older model boots faster.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.