SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sage Client slowing HD playback

I recently set up Sage Client and I noticed that a few of my recorded shows will play fine for the first few seconds and then the video and audio will slow down and get out of sync. The video will get choppy and the voices will slow down as well. It's very strange. If I play the video on the many machine doing the recording, they are fine. The client is plenty powerful enough to play HD, in fact 80% of the HD shows are fine and it doesn't seem to be any one show that does it. I am using a gigbit ethernet going through a switch so I don't think it is a network problem.

I have a 6600GT video card using purvideo on both machines.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Sage Icon

I have this same problem where "sometimes" I have to reboot the server, my client and wired router to fix my/your problem. I don't know for sure what causes this but I suspect having a family of 5 sometimes using the router all at the same time does not help.. my wife two Replaytv's, my son playing Xbox360-live and my daughter downloading music or movies on to her laptop and me streaming HD/SD content from my server to client does not help. I have no ideal how to fix my bandwidth problem, which I believe "sometimes" causes my video/voices choppy/slow down problem on HD content

Last edited by Fluffdaddy; 02-01-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

It was worth the try, but unfortunately it did not help. This show was recorded off of the HD homerun, not sure if that would have anything to do with it.