SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Sage User

Thanks and Question on Java MP3

Great, can't wait to bring Slim back to my extenders.

BTW, do you know if the Java JMF MP3 plug-in referenced above by craigap at http://java.sun.com/javase/technolog.../download.html is the correct plug-in?

Thanks again.

Last edited by mbowe; 08-13-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: CORRECTED URL
Old 08-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowe View Post
BTW, do you know if the Java JMF MP3 plug-in referenced above by craigap at http://java.sun.com/javase/technolog.../download.html is the correct plug-in?
Yes, it is.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

That is great news. Thanks for taking the time to update this.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to ewelin Send a message via MSN to ewelin Send a message via Yahoo to ewelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
The current version of this stvi needs a little maintenance to work with SageTV 6.6 and SageMC 6.3.9.

I'm finishing up version 2.1 of slimplayer for SageTV 6.6+, which includes stvi's for both the default STV and SageMC (which is actually this plugin upgraded to work with sagemc 6.3.9 & slimplayer 2.1).
With version 2.1 both default STV users and SageMC users can enjoy
Music from Squeeze Center server on servers and clients including extenders.

- Chris
Great news! I've been holding off on slimplayer as I'm running SageMC.... now I can start setting everything up
Old 08-18-2009, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Dude... wait until you try the SageMC version!!! Ive been lucky enough to beta test pre-release versions. I have it running on a few different machines: HD200 (using hardware loopback), my SageTV server itself (standard way), placeshifter. They all work. I was able to install (import sageMC stvi) and configure everything (configuration options now available in slimplayer options instead of going into Softsqueeze preferences) on my sever and HD200 in just 5 minutes... I have no doubt in my mind this is the best (and most fully working addon for sageTV period; except for sageMC itself. Chris should release it anytime!!!! Right on Chris!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewelin View Post
Great news! I've been holding off on slimplayer as I'm running SageMC.... now I can start setting everything up

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 08-18-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to ewelin Send a message via MSN to ewelin Send a message via Yahoo to ewelin
I am very axious to give it a try. I don't listen to my music right now that much as I don't like the way sage supports music out of the box. I stumbled across this thread about a month ago and put off updating with hopes that the sagemc version would get an update. Now I just need to find a day to dedicate to updating my HTPC. Need to update sage, sagemc and install and configure this... should be a fun day :-D
Old 08-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

This will be great. I have been very anxious!

With the HD-200 you mentioned the hardware loopback. Is that going to be a necessity or will there be a software loopback method? I seem to remember a software solution that required an additional purchase.
(1) KWorld 115 ATSC Tuner OTA
(1) HD200 HDMI to Samsung 50" Plasma
(1) MediaMVP to 19" in bedroom

SageTV 7.0.23 release
Old 08-19-2009, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Its not required to use hardware loopback. Yes, you would have to buy the Virtual Cable software. The price is $30 and can order it from here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
This will be great. I have been very anxious!

With the HD-200 you mentioned the hardware loopback. Is that going to be a necessity or will there be a software loopback method? I seem to remember a software solution that required an additional purchase.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Will we get a notification here that the new version is ready or do we need to be watching the SlimPlayer thread?
Old 08-19-2009, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Chris has always posted on both threads; when relevant. So, no need to worry. There are a lot of people waiting for this.. so, I'm sure you'll see a lot of talk here shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstocke View Post
Will we get a notification here that the new version is ready or do we need to be watching the SlimPlayer thread?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-20-2009, 06:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Its not required to use hardware loopback. Yes, you would have to buy the Virtual Cable software. The price is $30 and can order it from here..
Will the plugin work with the trial version of the software? I'd like to try it out but don't want to waste $30 if I decide not to use it.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Of course, that's how I tested it. I was able to get it to all work; however, I ended up switching the hardware loopback. Both work very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Will the plugin work with the trial version of the software? I'd like to try it out but don't want to waste $30 if I decide not to use it.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Version 2.1 for default STV and SageMC STV released

Hi,

I just uploaded v2.1 of the original slimplayer plugin.
The most important change is that it now includes an update of this STVI for SageMC. You'll need SageMC3.9.1a for this.
Read all about it here http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=41893.

- Chris
Old 08-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Fantastic! Can't wait to try this out.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
Hi,

I just uploaded v2.1 of the original slimplayer plugin.
The most important change is that it now includes an update of this STVI for SageMC. You'll need SageMC3.9.1a for this.
Read all about it here http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=41893.

- Chris
I have SageMC 6.3.9a.46-1

Will I need a newer version of SageMC? I was a little confused but I suppose 3.9.1a is 6.3.9.1a and I have 9a.46 so I guess there is a newer version out there.

Also, I will add to my SageMC dynamic menu like we did in the past?

I had tried an older version and it was kind of messed up. Are there files that need to be deleted for an older version attempt?

EDIT: Found the latest SageMC 6.3.9a and updated. I tried adding a menu item but it doesn't look right, and ends up taking me into "my Music" instead. I probably did something wrong.

Scott

SageTV 7.0.23 release

Last edited by scott2020; 08-20-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: found latest sagemc
Old 08-20-2009, 10:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Under dynamic menues, just add "slimplayer by koelec" menu. You can put it whereever you want.

Quote:
I have SageMC 6.3.9a.46-1

Will I need a newer version of SageMC? I was a little confused but I suppose 3.9.1a is 6.3.9.1a and I have 9a.46 so I guess there is a newer version out there.

Also, I will add to my SageMC dynamic menu like we did in the past?

I had tried an older version and it was kind of messed up. Are there files that need to be deleted for an older version attempt?

EDIT: Found the latest SageMC 6.3.9a and updated. I tried adding a menu item but it doesn't look right, and ends up taking me into "my Music" instead. I probably did something wrong.

Scott

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

So far I have the setup as far as showing up on my HD-200 adding it to the menu. I am reinstalling my squeezecenter application and such now and then will follow the instructions to use the virtual audio cable.

Do we still need to download those other softsqueeze.jar files and replace them and such like in the past?
Scott

SageTV 7.0.23 release
Old 08-21-2009, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, it's recommended you update your softsqueeze.jar file with the one from here. Put all the files in the zip file here:

C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\HTML\EN\html\softsqueeze

and

replace the softsqueeze.jar too (in your SageTV JARs folder) with the one included in the zip file.

Dont forget to do this with sageTVserver, sageTV.exe, HD-200, and SqueezeCenter off.

Also dont forget to read the first post; about turning on proxied audio in SqueezeCenter to get 100% reliability in Internet radio.

-Michael

Quote:
So far I have the setup as far as showing up on my HD-200 adding it to the menu. I am reinstalling my squeezecenter application and such now and then will follow the instructions to use the virtual audio cable.

Do we still need to download those other softsqueeze.jar files and replace them and such like in the past?
Scott

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

I suppose it is just not meant to be for me. I followed all of the instructions and I can't get anything to work. The Slimserver seems to work, and I can see it in SageTV and navigate around. However, from what I understand if I am looking at the Squeezecenter on my PC running Sage, when I make changes on my HD-200 such as changes and such those should be reflected in Squeezecenter but that doesn't happen. But when I do things in the PC in Squeezecenter, I can see those changes on the TV.

I never got audio to pass. The software loopback is a little confusing. There is an input wav and output wav and the directions only say to set the input wav to Virtual audio cable.

When I go into my capture devices, the Loopback shows up but there are two of them. I deleted them and re-added one with 1 channel. I can see in the debug the NOOP and when I play something, I can see the MPG getting created and file checked. There never is any audio though.

I'll hang out and see if anyone else has issues and maybe something that might help me may come out. I'm sure i just have something screwed on my system and it probably works well for everyone. It looks like it is going to be great.

The documentation is a little fragmented but I think I was able to find everything such as setup, files to download, where to unzip them, and all of that. Not sure what I'm missing!

Anyway, thanks for putting this together and best of luck!

SageTV 7.0.23 release
Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 PM
SageTVaholic

You could get it to work with just a little bit help. The instructions aren't the clearest for software loopback. However, the good news is the procedure to get it to work is the same for anyone; there aren't any quirks causing you to have unpredictable results. It just a matter of understanding how it works.

The two most important things to know is to pay attention to are:

1) First get Softsqueeze + Squeeze Center to work on you server without sageTV/HD-200. This part is a piece of cake; and doesnt need much instructions.

2) Pay attention to the player MAC address you see under Slimplayer (on HD-200). This needs to be the same player MAC address you see in SqueezeCenter currently playing player. I think you were changing the wrong player's settings.

I dont have much experience with Virtual Audio cable software. I just tried it once for Chris to make sure it works.. then, I started using my hardware loopback instead. So, maybe Chris (or someone else here) can explain setting up Virtual Audio Cable + the SageTV encoder better.

You might think about putting a little bit more effort before completely giving up since there's really no other Music/Internet Music solution on sageTV like this (or any other Media Center products (in respect to extender support); and, make your HD-200 worth a whole lot more.

Quote:
I suppose it is just not meant to be for me. I followed all of the instructions and I can't get anything to work. The Slimserver seems to work, and I can see it in SageTV and navigate around. However, from what I understand if I am looking at the Squeezecenter on my PC running Sage, when I make changes on my HD-200 such as changes and such those should be reflected in Squeezecenter but that doesn't happen. But when I do things in the PC in Squeezecenter, I can see those changes on the TV.

I never got audio to pass. The software loopback is a little confusing. There is an input wav and output wav and the directions only say to set the input wav to Virtual audio cable.

When I go into my capture devices, the Loopback shows up but there are two of them. I deleted them and re-added one with 1 channel. I can see in the debug the NOOP and when I play something, I can see the MPG getting created and file checked. There never is any audio though.

I'll hang out and see if anyone else has issues and maybe something that might help me may come out. I'm sure i just have something screwed on my system and it probably works well for everyone. It looks like it is going to be great.

The documentation is a little fragmented but I think I was able to find everything such as setup, files to download, where to unzip them, and all of that. Not sure what I'm missing!

Anyway, thanks for putting this together and best of luck!

***RIP SageTV***