SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-19-2007, 08:49 AM

Set HD preferences for a specific show?

I am just looking for some confirmation that my understanding of how this works is correct...

Here's my scenario. I have 2 HD tuners and 2 SD tuners. For an example, there are three shows I want to record on Monday night at 9pm - 24, Heroes, and 2.5 Men. I absolutely want 24 and Heroes to be in HD. I'd LIKE 2.5 Men to be in HD, but obviously I only have 2 HD tuners. I read that Sage should automatically prefer the HD channel over the SD when the show is the same, but does it use the priority in Favorites to decide which one will not be HD? If I have them listed in priority order as 24, Heroes, and 2.5 Men, is it guaranteed that on the nights that all three are playing, 24 and Heroes would always be HD? Let's say 24 isn't on one night, but Dorf on Golf is, and for whatever crazy reason I want to record Dorf on HD as well. If Dorf is lower in priority than 2.5 Men, then in this case Heroes and 2.5 Men would record in HD, and Dorf would be SD?

This is logical, and how I am assuming it would work, but I'm still new to using Sage and want to make sure I can tell the wife exactly how it works so the end of the world does not come early when Crossing Jordan or something doesn't get recorded....
Old 02-19-2007, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Presumably your HD channels and your SD channels are listed separately in the Program Guide. So the simplest thing is for those shows you always want in HD, limit the favorite for that show to the HD channel. For those you don't care about, let it record from any channel. For the "any channel" favorites, it should still prefer HD if it can do so without conflicts.