SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Sage Icon

Cancel episode with no effect to entire series?

I’m new to Sage. How do I cancel a single episode and not delete the entire series with SageMC?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems
I’m new to Sage. How do I cancel a single episode and not delete the entire series with SageMC?
If you mark this specific episode as 'Watched', it won't get recorded by SageTV

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 02-22-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

"Watched" conflict resolution?

Thanks for the reply Flachbar!

Does marking episodes as being “watched” prevent all future instances of that episode from being recorded? My guess is that Sage won’t record a show denoted as “watched.”

I sometimes run into scheduling conflicts where the conflict resolution options don’t fit what I want to do. What I want to do is cancel a particular instance of a recording in a series to remove any conflicts while keeping the series in tact, and allowing Sage to pick up that program as a re-run at some point in the future. Provided that episode is re-run.

My intuition says that marking an episode as being “watched” solves an immediate scheduling conflict and allows my other recordings to continue as scheduled. The problem I foresee in doing this is that if I hadn’t actually watched the episode I marked as “watched” Sage would overlook recording that episode in the future.

Rather than setting an episode as “watched” to resolve scheduling conflicts, it would seem intuitive to have an option in the program info screen to “Cancel Recording” with a subsequent dialog allowing the user to choose “Cancel this particular episode?”, or “Cancel entire series?” or something to that effect.

I hope my ramblings make sense. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Administrator

A Watched episode won't be recorded later, unless you clear the Watched status or unless you manually record it later on.

Your best bet would probably be to mark the other show as a Manual recording so that it overrides other conflicts & then don't do anything to the one you don't want right now. I'll leave it to someone else regarding how to accomplish that in SageMC.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems
Does marking episodes as being “watched” prevent all future instances of that episode from being recorded? My guess is that Sage won’t record a show denoted as “watched.”
Yeah, I was assuming that you didn't want to have this episode recorded at all...

Quote:
I sometimes run into scheduling conflicts where the conflict resolution options don’t fit what I want to do. What I want to do is cancel a particular instance of a recording in a series to remove any conflicts while keeping the series in tact, and allowing Sage to pick up that program as a re-run at some point in the future. Provided that episode is re-run.
My first answer would have been to use the conflict resolution screen, but since you already mentioned it can I ask why the options don't fit for what you're trying to do ? If there's a conflict with e.g. two other shows the conflict screen should offer you options to force the recording of those shows (which will basically result in a manual recording, as Andy mentioned) without affecting the favorite.

It doesn't behave that way ?

Dirk
Old 02-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

I can’t remember what options Sage recommended when I was experiencing these problems. I’ll try to set up the same scenario so I can get the same conflict and see what the conflict resolution options are.

From what I remember none of them fit what I wanted and I ended up canceling the entire series, manually recording the episode I wanted, and then once no possible conflicts could arise I went back and re-added the series to capture the future airings.

From my brief experience or lack there of , it seems difficult to cancel one episode from a series if for some reason I didn’t want that episode to be recorded.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Of course, you could always add another capture card to your system...
Old 02-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex
Of course, you could always add another capture card to your system...
That's definitely on the agenda! After building my initial Sage setup my budget is quite stretched for such an expenditure. I thought a dual tuner would cover my needs . Right now I’m just trying to make do with what I have in the best way possible and keep my wife happy about our new toy!