SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Sage User

Angry Tuning issues on new AverMedia cards

I've had Sage running stable for several years now (Since v2.0) with a Hauppauge 250MCE and later with the 250 and an ATI HDTV Wonder. I recently pulled the 250 in favor of an AverMedia A180 and M780 cards. Since then I have had no luck trying to get an HD signal from either the A180 or the M780. There is no signal whatsoever on the M780, and it states there is 25% signal for every HD channel on the A180, except for one or two which it claims are 100%. I tried to upgrade to Sage 6, just in case that might solve my problems, but that has only made it worse. Now all of the HD channels are 25% on the A180, if I can even get the thing to tune in to them (Using the "View" option within channel setup in Sage). I've tried pulling all of my tuners, and installing them singly to make sure there was no interference between the cards, but to no avail. The HD Wonder works, the others don't (although the M780 does work for allowing an S-Video signal from my Dish Network box.)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

The view option in setup sources has never worked for me using my PVR-150 or firewire recording, often it makes sage hang irrevoerably but if I just skip that part, everything works fine. I assume it's just a bug in sage. Have you tried just assuming forgetting about the preview and forging ahead anyway?
Old 02-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Sage User

I've reverted to V5, but the problem is still there. I'm going to wipe Sage and start over. I've never had a problem with the 'view' option, but I'll try skipping it and assuming it works.
I also noticed there is a separate app on the Aver website in addition to the driver. I'll also try that later.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Sage User

Well, I tried installing the AverTV application from the AverMedia website, and it included a different set of A180 drivers. Well these drivers did the trick, for the A180 at least. Now, I need to get the M780 HD tuner working. I'll do some searching and research, but if anyone has had any luck getting the M780 HD tuner to work under Sage V5, please let me know!