SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Minimize PS to tray

Is there any way to minimize the Windows placeshifter to the tray?

I run the server on a Linux PC in the basement and use my Windows desktop to control it and MVPs to view media. It would be cool to have the placeshifter minimize to my system tray to give me quick views to see what's recording, etc. Kind of how when I minimize the SageServer to the tray and mouseover the icon, I see what's recording.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Sage User

I second this motion. I love the program, but having the program take up 2 taskbar spaces, things get cluttered quickly.

And/or: would there be a way to have the PS server manager window disappear, then re-appear after closing the connection window? Although I think shrinking them down into 1 tray icon would be far better, with ability to right-click to bring up server manager, close session, etc.

$0.02

Server: Win10Pro, GigaByte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, AMD 64 x2 5600, 4GB Dual Channel RAM, 1-DCT-3416 / 2-DCX3400 via FireWire & Unisheen BM3000-HDMI Encoder, NMedia 200SA Case, Crystalfontz 632, USBUIRT, Client & Placeshifter license, 2x HD300 extenders, 2x HD200 extenders.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

For me, it's not so much that it takes up space, but that I either need to keep it up all the time or reconnect every time I want to see if it's recording something or any other info.

When I ran the Server on my Windows box, I had all of that info from the tray icon. Now, I don't have that info available to me.

Not a huge deal, but just something that I lost when I moved Sage to a dedicated machine.