SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Sage User

OK, so I might not need to use ccextractor and smi files.

Which MPEG 2 decoders are the good ones?

Do I need to use something else except installing CC plugin

- Srecko
Old 05-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, use either nVidia PureVideo, WinDVD, or PowerDVD. All three are DVD capable decoders, which is what you need to decode the "CCinDVD" saved CC. ONce you install one of them, (which all have trial periods so you can try before you buy), you may need to go into Sage Setup and change the MPEG decoder setting to the new decoder (if set to Default, that would usually be the last decoder installed, sothat could work).

To just playback the CC, you don't need to install the CC plugin. With just the proper decoder and Sage Settings, thats all you need.

First step is to shut down sage and edit the sage.properties file (or sageclient.properties if using in service mode) and set cc_option_enabled=true. that will give you the option to turn the CC display on/off in the pop-up menu. You also need to be running VM9 as your Video Renderer. Or if you are running Overlay, you can turn off "Overlay Color Keying". That should do it, CC should be visible when turned on.

The CC plugin just gives you more display options like auto-CC on mute and remote-toggled CC. Not needed to display it, just for added features. I would hold off on it until you get CC displayed first. Then add the CC plugin and play with the extra features.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Sage User

Ok, thanks.
I disabled Overlay Color Keying, and I was able to see CC on mute and on live TV. However option to change color, position and font for CC are not working, but for the moment this is minor problem.

Bigger one is that I see only black picture (and CC) when in Full screen mode.

When used VM9 the TV picture is not fluid, goes and stops for the par of the second and then goes again.

Any workaround?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Sage Icon

OK, options only work when using .smi captioning, not for built in captioning.

As for Overlay issues, I don't know, I don't use it. Just know that you have to disable the color keying.

As for VMR9, probably need a better viideo card. What are the specs of your system?

Old 05-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Sage User

Thanks Jack

I know that my video card on this system is not the greatest, it is ATI built in in the motherboard.

I was just hoping that somebody has a solution for Overlay

- Srecko
Old 06-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

support for srt files

Hi,

Is there a way that you can add support to read from srt files directly without moving them to smi first.

Also it needs to support UTF-8 (from the srt) as I would like to view subtitles, in hebrew.

Also, can you maybe add support to read subs from.mkv files?

I know there is not much hope for reading from mkv, but I do remember some talk about reading from srt files directly.

I just got a new HD Extender, and now the issue is closer to my heart, so I decided to ask about it.

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshapir View Post
Hi,

Is there a way that you can add support to read from srt files directly without moving them to smi first.

Also it needs to support UTF-8 (from the srt) as I would like to view subtitles, in hebrew.

Also, can you maybe add support to read subs from.mkv files?

I know there is not much hope for reading from mkv, but I do remember some talk about reading from srt files directly.

I just got a new HD Extender, and now the issue is closer to my heart, so I decided to ask about it.

Thanks.
I would be willing to pay for these features.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

I too would love these features
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 06-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just installed the CC Playback Import, and I have two questions:

1) I see an option to enable CC playback when I am watching a video, but I never see the CC text. I also could not find any settings for font size (or any other CC options). I only see the Disable/CC1/CC2 option. Did I do something wrong?

2) I don't see any option to enable CC playback on my digital recordings from my HDHR box. Is CC not available for digital recordings?

Thx!

AzJazz
Old 06-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzJazz View Post
Just installed the CC Playback Import, and I have two questions:

1) I see an option to enable CC playback when I am watching a video, but I never see the CC text. I also could not find any settings for font size (or any other CC options). I only see the Disable/CC1/CC2 option. Did I do something wrong?
You do know that you only get embedded analog CC with Hauppauge tuners? No other analog tuners support Sage-style CC.

As for font size and other settings, those are available in the setup menus, don't remember exactly where. And they only work for external .smi captions, not embedded CC.

Quote:
2) I don't see any option to enable CC playback on my digital recordings from my HDHR box. Is CC not available for digital recordings?
CC is available in digital recordings from the HDHR. It is embedded in the stream from the broadcaster. The problem is getting Sage to display the CC. So far, only WinDVD and PowerDVD's decoders are capable of displaying the digital CC. And for me, even with those decoders, I'm not happy with the displayed CC. Things like, missing half the letters in the displayed CC making reading impossible, or only displaying CC on certain channels or shows. Some people here seem to have better luck at it.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
You do know that you only get embedded analog CC with Hauppauge tuners? No other analog tuners support Sage-style CC.
Nope, I didn't know that. But, I do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
As for font size and other settings, those are available in the setup menus, don't remember exactly where. And they only work for external .smi captions, not embedded CC.

CC is available in digital recordings from the HDHR. It is embedded in the stream from the broadcaster. The problem is getting Sage to display the CC. So far, only WinDVD and PowerDVD's decoders are capable of displaying the digital CC. And for me, even with those decoders, I'm not happy with the displayed CC. Things like, missing half the letters in the displayed CC making reading impossible, or only displaying CC on certain channels or shows. Some people here seem to have better luck at it.
Guess it's time to unload the CC plug-in ...

Thanks for the info, ke6guj!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Guess it's time to unload the CC plug-in ...
Not neccessarily. Looking back at your posts, I thought I saw you using a hauppauge tuner. Are you able to get analog CC on it?

If so, even though you can't modify the CC display, the plugin has some features that I use for the embedded CC. Like Auto-CC on Mute and assigning a remote button to toggle CC ON/OFF.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

ke6guj - Thanks for checking up on this ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Not neccessarily. Looking back at your posts, I thought I saw you using a hauppauge tuner. Are you able to get analog CC on it?
I did try a Hauppauge USB tuner for a few days, but the analog signal quality was so terrible that I had to return it.

I ended up with an ATI HD 650 Combo USB tuner, which has been pretty great - for the most part. The lack of Closed Captioning support is the first thing that I have found wrong with it.

AzJAzz
Old 06-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
ke6guj - Thanks for checking up on this ...

I did try a Hauppauge USB tuner for a few days, but the analog signal quality was so terrible that I had to return it.

I ended up with an ATI HD 650 Combo USB tuner, which has been pretty great - for the most part. The lack of Closed Captioning support is the first thing that I have found wrong with it.

AzJAzz
Download ccextractor and execute it on the mpeg then check the smi to see if it detected and extracted the CC from it. If it does finds CC in the mpeg then the video decoder your using isn't capiable of playing the CC in mpeg back so you would need to set up a ccextractor job when recording ends and use this plugin to view the CC.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 06-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey there,

Just wanted to say thanks for this awesome plugin. I had cause to install it last night to watch some .smi subtitled movies and it worked flawlessly first time. Excellent job, particularly with the nice SageMC integration.

Mick.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

ittle help?

My old computer running xp died so I had to go and buy another one only this one is vista so it was not as easy for me to reinstall everything. Anyway, I installed everything like I did before with the same hardware PRV150 and everything is working except Closed captions. Bringing up the menu does not give me any CC adjustments or even have a option to turn it on. I am using sagetv v 6.3.10.166 with java 1.6.0_05 SageMC 6.3.7. I even tried only adding the closed caption 1.2.2 to the original SageMC and still nothing. It will however play CC on my videos (mpeg4) just fine and they will turn on and off. The live tv however is not working. I have tried every decoder and overlay and nothing...
Any ideas?
Old 06-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillme2 View Post
My old computer running xp died so I had to go and buy another one only this one is vista so it was not as easy for me to reinstall everything. Anyway, I installed everything like I did before with the same hardware PRV150 and everything is working except Closed captions. Bringing up the menu does not give me any CC adjustments or even have a option to turn it on.
YOu need to have cc_option_enabled=true in sage.properties and/or sageclient.properties. Now, you mentioned Vista, so UAC can affect you. check this link in the FAQ, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...402#post237402

Once you have the option to turn CC on/off, then you can work on the decoders and overlay stuff.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

did that!

Yup I have done all of that and still nothing!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

You da man!

I take it all back! It was the UAC in vista. It took 3 restarts and redoing all my settings in sage but it is working now! Everyone disable UAC now before it's too late

Thanks a lot!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Stumped

I have been using Dirmon2 and ccextractorwin with the following setting to avoid the typical problem of _1.smi
Code:
-sami [[%FULLFILESPEC%]] -o1 [[%PATH%/%BASENAME%.smi]]
. And it has worked flawlessy for a year, then all of sudden, it starts generating empty files with the following:
Code:
<SAMI>
<HEAD>
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--
P {margin-left: 16pt; margin-right: 16pt; margin-bottom: 16pt; margin-top: 16pt;
text-align: center; font-size: 18pt; font-family: arial; font-weight: bold; color: #f0f0f0;}
.UNKNOWNCC {Name:Unknown; lang:en-US; SAMIType:CC;}
-->
</STYLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY>
I am at my wit's end. I played with the settings and it really boils down to the above setting, when I remove it, ccextractorwin creates proper smi files, but then I have the _1.smi problem again.

HELP!