SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Sage User

Suggestion - Groups for Favorites

I'm not sure what the correct method is for making suggestions, but this seems to be as good a place as any.

I had suggested this on the SageMC board, but it is not possible in the current version of SageTV.

As I have my favorites, my wife has her favorites and my kids have their favorites, it would be nice to be able to group our favorites (possibly passcode protect them) so that when my kids are in watching their shows, they can watch without my "watchful" eye. And my wife does not have to question why I still record my sci-fi shows.

Ease of use, nothings broken.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayslearnin
I'm not sure what the correct method is for making suggestions, but this seems to be as good a place as any.
Not as good as submitting a support request, since the devs don't read every post on these forums.

That said, I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking for. Are you saying you want the kids to be able to hide their stuff from you so you can't tell what they're watching? Isn't that kind of backwards?

Or do you just want the option of filtering out their stuff from your recordings list so you don't have to wade through mountains of silliness to find the stuff you want?

If the latter, I don't see why that can't be done as a third-party add-on.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick
Or do you just want the option of filtering out their stuff from your recordings list so you don't have to wade through mountains of silliness to find the stuff you want?
Kinda, not really related, I logged an enhancement request with Sage to support a filter to show just Intelligent Recordings. They said that they would of course log it, but that it didn't seem to be super easy to do this. Maybe filter enhancements can be addressed in a STVi?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick
Not as good as submitting a support request, since the devs don't read every post on these forums.

That said, I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking for. Are you saying you want the kids to be able to hide their stuff from you so you can't tell what they're watching? Isn't that kind of backwards?

If the latter, I don't see why that can't be done as a third-party add-on.
We have our main television and two client MVPs. Like most, I have a ton of shows recorded for everyone. I want to group my kids shows so when they sit down to watch them, just go to their menu button and all their shows are there. If I want to record sci fi or something from HBO, my kids have no need of those movies so their is no reason for them to access those titles. Ease of Use. Just like we do for Videos (at least in SageMC). I don't need my kids movies passcode protected.