SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Sage User

How to recognize "other" video file types

Is there an easy way to force Sage to recognize various filetypes as valid video files when they are placed in the import directory?

Here's the situation: I recently downloaded some old PBS documentaries in mpeg, quicktime and ".BIN" formats and placed them in the import directory. Under "My Videos", Sage will gladly display directories containing mpeg, mov, avi files (and possibly others) but refuses to even display the *folder* when it contains .BIN files only. I can use the "Play other file" menu in SageMC and it will gladly *play* the .BIN files, so it's not an incompatability issue with mplayer, but it's certainly not elegant or user friendly.

I've searched through the .properties file(s) and can't seem to find anywhere to define which extensions are to be treated as video files (to automatically show up under My Videos).

Any advice?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Add the missing extensions to the "seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions=" property in the sage.properties file.

Be aware that you need to have the proper filters installed to play them (if they play in Windows Media Player, they'll probably play in Sage).
Old 03-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Sage User

Thanks!

Don't know HOW I missed that one. It's got to be the single longest line in the entire file! Worked perfectly.