SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Extender and ripped DVDs

I've heard conflicting things, i've heard the mvp (with sage extender license) can not play unencrypted dvd's and i've seen other posts talking about it.

So .. can it ? Obviously it can do the TV Aspects this is the final straw for me, if it can play my dvd's i'll be in heaven. I have 200 dvds ripped to HDD (yes i own them all) that i really want to be able to access around the house. SageTV and SageTV Client both work for this, placeshifter doesn't which concerns me ..
Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

the mvp plays back non-css hard drive stored dvd's perfectly.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

6.1.3 broke DVD playback on the MVP. But the latest beta, 6.1.4 has everything back on track. Again, it is as GbrNole says ... non-css DVDs stored on the hard drive.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there some particular reason why non css dvd's play on the server, client AND extender but not showshifter ?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekl View Post
Is there some particular reason why non css dvd's play on the server, client AND extender but not showshifter ?
Do you mean Placeshifter?
If so, Placeshifter does not support DVD playback.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec View Post
6.1.3 broke DVD playback on the MVP. But the latest beta, 6.1.4 has everything back on track. Again, it is as GbrNole says ... non-css DVDs stored on the hard drive.
May I ask what you mean by 6.1.3 broke the playback and 6.1.4 beta resolved the issue? I look in my sageproperties file on the my server and it looks like I'm running 6.1.8. Do you think I go back to an older version and make my DVD's play? I have the same issue with two MVP's hanging just after the DVD menu when the movie begins to play or sometimes at the menu. The DVD's ripped to disk play normally on the server and my sage client PC. I just started to notice the MVP issue as I don't use them much. Thanks.

I should also mention the DVD's ripped are the full DVD with no editing to titles or soundtracks.

Last edited by metrodude; 04-15-2007 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Clarification:
Old 04-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

what he's saying is that if you tried to play an actual dvd from the server dvd-drive through the mvp it wouldn't work in 6.1.3.

6.1.4 and above that function worked again you just have to setup the drive as an import directory and non-css dvd's will play.