SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Sage User

Sagetv changing set top channels

Sagetv v6 changes channel on my Directv box when I don't want it to change. Sage "picks" a particular channel and will change to that channel every time the program time period changes. I normally change channel from my Directv remote and the only time Sage should change is when I want to record a particular program. I don't have "intelligent recoding" enabled.

Any suggestion?
Old 03-17-2007, 03:54 PM
SageTVaholic

you ought to consider letting Sage drive the channel changing.. But it sounds like you need to disable autotune channel..

b
Old 03-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, two things are causing you your problems.

The first thing is that you really should only use the Directv box through Sage. Don't use the directv remote at all. Otherwise you will continue to get conflicts between your Live viewing and channel changes that Sage needs to do if it needs to record a showing.

That said, the reason you are getting "hourly" channels changes is that Sage is currently recording "live tv" and when one show is over and the next show starts, Sage starts a new recording file and retunes the channel in case the channel somehow got changed, or was incorrect from the last time that Sage set the channel. Exactly like your situation is. Sage knew that it had tuned the STB to, for exampe, 200. After it tuned to 200, you manually changed it to 501 to watch live tv. So, at the next program time, Sage retunes it to 200, just in case something happened and it wasn't on 200. There is a setting so that you tell Sage not to retune the channel when it doesn't need to. Its in Detailed Setup>Customize>Always tune channel. Set it to NO.

When you aren't watching Sage, make sure you hit STOP on your remote to get it to stop recording live TV. Also make sure that you don't have Sage set "Display Video on Menus" to Always. That will also get Sage to always record, which you don't want.

But, the best solution is to hid the Directv remote, and to always watch your Directv through Sage.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Sage User

Thanks, I checked those items and I see what's going on now. Sagetv has so many options, it will take more time than I have left (i'm 70) to learn them. i am going to do a you suggest. I have a remote for Microsoft media edition (MCE stinks. No comparison to Sage) which I am going to try to use.