SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:29 AM

UPnP AV and some development questions

Hey
We are a couple of students from Norway working on a project related to upnp. We are thinking of using sagetv as server because of the opportunity to develop 3rd party plugins\applications. Does anybody have any experience with this development studio? Does sagetv support upnp AV or a upnp AV api?
What we want to do is streaming media from a mobile phone to a server via upnp. Further on we want to develop some sort of pandora system to the server.

An answer would be much appreciated.

* merged *

Last edited by mortenwe; 03-23-2007 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:26 AM

3rd party upnp applications

Hi there.
I just wondered, how are the possibilities of making 3rd party UPnP applications in sagetv studio?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Based on your other thread, I assume you mean makign Sage an UPnP AV server?

You would have to write the whole UPnP support yourself, probably using a java plugin (like my webserver) which gives you full access to sage's internal DB...
Old 03-26-2007, 02:55 AM

thanks for your answer, but i wont go so far as making sage a upnp server. I was thinking of making an application that communicates with a mobile phone over upnp. one of the goal of this project is to stream media files from the mobile phone to the server.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenwe View Post
one of the goal of this project is to stream media files from the mobile phone to the server.
And do what with them when they get there? What's your purpose in using SageTV to receive these files instead of some standalone UPnP app you write yourself?