SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Sage User

Exclamation LAN Transcoding not working in 6.1.7

Hi,

I have 6.1.7 server and 6.1.7 placeshifter installed.

After installation LAN encoding worked fine. I then changed the settings to "Auto". After that, even if I select the LAN modem it still defaulted back to transcoding the data (the bar at the top indicates the bit rate)

Has anyone else seen this ?

I think it might be related to the fix that went into 6.1.4

1. Fixed bug where the Placeshifter would sometimes transcode when a LAN client connected even though there was plenty of bandwidth. (this was due to an invalid bandwidth calculation issue)

Thanks
Basset
Old 04-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

I noticed something similar with the MVP. I was able to watch even HD shows on my MVP without stuttering when I used 6.1.6. But with 6.1.17 it seems to transcode the shows again which causes stuttering due to server being not fast enough. Is there a way of disabling the transcoding in these cases?

Thomas
Old 04-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Sage User

I'm not sure where the settings are stored, I would guess in the registry since I don't see an .prop file anywhere.

Also from the fix they made earlier it sounds like there is some "logic" that falls back to transcoding if it things the link is too slow.

But I would guess that if I tell it to use LAN, I want it to use LAN come hell or high water (or packet loss for that matter)

Basset