SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Sage User

I have not been able to clear the MVP and learning remote issue with several attempts at re-learning the code. I will wait for the next major release to try the rc5 workaround.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Sage Expert

SUCCESS.....

WAF and "daughter"AF way up..

I used remote master and IR to program my JP1 programmable remote (URC-8910 and URC 9910)

Lots of learning curve, but the biggest problem was getting the cable to work correctly and getting the drivers to work.

Once that was done, it was pretty easy.

I found an Image file for the Hauppauge 45 button remote for the MVP and loaded that into RM. Then I copied it to IR.exe and loaded it to my remote.

(many little things to know as you do these steps.)

Once on my remote, the select button worked as it is supposed to without having to press another button and then come back to select to get it to work.

So, it is an RC5 problem....funny thing is when I loaded my current remote to IR, the mapping told me that the select button was already using RC5 protocal. So, there must be something that doesn't translate well when a button is learned from an RC5 remote.

anybody wants details, I can give them to you, or just wait for next release of Sage.

Problem solved.... now on to fixing my sound problem...

Gary Ellis