SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-13-2007, 09:19 PM

Trial Expired

I downloaded the free trial of the software and installed it on my Vista machine to verify that it would support my WinTV PVR150. I noticed that it said "Trial Expired" for all Program Guide entried, but I didn't think anything of it since I knew I was using a free eval.
Since it detected my hardware I decided to go ahead and take the plunge. I made the purchase online and restarted SageTV. When prompted I entered my provided key, but I am STILL receiving the Trial Expired message for all programs in the Guide.

Does anyone know what would cause the program to not recognize that I have registered the software?

-BKuhl
Old 04-13-2007, 09:58 PM

Oddly after waiting 3 hours before posting this, rebooting several times, and re-installing the software 2 times to attempt to get the program guide working it has decided to play nice. I don't know what suddenly changed that it is now showing the schedule properly but I am happy to report that all is well.

So much for waiting before posting.....

-BKuhl
Old 04-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Administrator

The Trial Expired messages shouldn't appear unless you've actually run SageTV past the trial period. After that, what might have happened is that the EPG data just hadn't been updated yet after entering the license key and the next time it updated the EPG data, that all got cleared up.

If you continue to have this issue, please contact SageTV tech support directly and they will be able to help you.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.