SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

error (-2) files are no longer on disk. But they are

I haven't imported a video library into sage because of the problems I've had in the past with sage putting videos in the music library and vice-versa. Since I only watch the occasional video that's not a TV show, I have been using the 'play other file' button in sageMC and browsing to the file to play it. It works fine for what I want to do with it.

I made the mistake of trying to delete a file through sage, after watching it. The file didn't get deleted but now everytime I try to play any video I get the error that the files are no longer on the disk. I've tried playing back a file in WMP and then the same file, from the same location in sage and still get the error. It seems that trying to delete a file broke the file browser in sage.
AMD Athalon 2400-M (2200MHz) 1Gb memory, nVIDIA 6600GT fanless, 1x300Gb pata, 1x500Gb sata, PVR-150MCE, Motorola cable box: firewire recording, MCE 2005 remote (OEM), Windows MCE2005, Sage v5.0.4, SageMC v6.13a, Pioneer PDP503-CMX 50" Plasma, HK630 HT receiver

Wish List: BBC radio player, AR correction in photo viewer, Netflix Watch Now
Old 04-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Administrator

First: any time you run into a problem, try reverting to a default setup (default SageTV3.xml STV w/o any customizations) to see if the problem still happens.

Second, make sure SageTV has access to the import location. If using service mode, the import dir can't be a mapped drive letter, and if it is a UNC path, the service has to be configured to log in as a user w/a password who has permission to access that network location. If you've installed a SageTV upgrade, the service user will get reset.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

I get that frequently with network shares.

Usual solution is to reboot or restart sageTv
Old 04-19-2007, 06:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'll try it with the default stv, just to check.

Sage definately has access to the partition. I'm browsing to the file and pressing play. The files did play unitl I tried to delete one and now they don't work. I know it was trying to delete a file that caused it because I was watching a video, tried to delete then tried to watch another and it wouldn't play.

rebooting didn't cure it.

This happend once before with the default stv and the only way I cured it was a nuke 'n' pave.

So if this problem only happens with sageMC, is there a solution?
AMD Athalon 2400-M (2200MHz) 1Gb memory, nVIDIA 6600GT fanless, 1x300Gb pata, 1x500Gb sata, PVR-150MCE, Motorola cable box: firewire recording, MCE 2005 remote (OEM), Windows MCE2005, Sage v5.0.4, SageMC v6.13a, Pioneer PDP503-CMX 50" Plasma, HK630 HT receiver

Old 04-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillJones View Post
Sage definately has access to the partition. I'm browsing to the file and pressing play.
When using the default STV, this is not a good test because using "Play a Selected Media File" browses locally rather than via the server -- 'local' meaning it browses for files it can see rather than viewing files visible to the server.

Quote:
This happend once before with the default stv and the only way I cured it was a nuke 'n' pave.
If this happens, you should report it to SageTV, along with debug logs.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well, I had another look at it last night and tried to play a video through play other file and it worked.

From what I understand from your previous post Opus, SageMC browses through the server portion of the programme and sage default stv does not?

This means that when I tried to delete the file it temporarily caused the server to not be able to access any of the files in the video directory?

Old 04-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillJones View Post
From what I understand from your previous post Opus, SageMC browses through the server portion of the programme and sage default stv does not?
I have no idea what SageMC does. I just meant that in the default STV, if you go to the Media Center menu, then use Browse Media Files -> Play a Selected Media File, that will browse files local to the client.

Quote:
This means that when I tried to delete the file it temporarily caused the server to not be able to access any of the files in the video directory?
I don't know what caused that. I'm saying that if it happens while using the default STV, you should report it to SageTV. If it happens only while using a customization, then report it to the customization author. After that, if they find a reproducible bug that is part of the SageTV core, they can report it to SageTV.

- Andy
Old 04-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I have no idea what SageMC does. I just meant that in the default STV, if you go to the Media Center menu, then use Browse Media Files -> Play a Selected Media File, that will browse files local to the client.
Well, hopefully it won't happen again. I'm sure sageMC does precisely the same thing as the default stv, it's the same function. As I say, it happened before with the default stv, but I can't verify that it's the same cause of course because it seems to have self healed. The files are on a local disk and I don't have a separate server although I am running in server mode.

I think basically the browser can break when you try and delete a file through sage. Maybe it's a v5 thing, maybe not. I'm not going to spend my time investigating this one unless it becomes a real PITA.

Last edited by PhillJones; 04-20-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

I did it again last night when I unthinkingly deleted a file through sage after watching it.

I dropped out of sageMC back to sage standard stv and the files still wouldn't play. In fact, even properly imported video files gave the same error.

I 'fixed' it by refreshing the media database.

So, my conclusion is that deleting a file that you've played through browsing to it, breaks the media center until you refresh the import directories.

Could somebody else test this to see if they can reproduce it. I'm on V5 so it may be fixed in V6.

Last edited by PhillJones; 05-03-2007 at 12:39 PM.