SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Sage User

MVP Model / Revision Questions

I've heard that the brightness issue has been corrected in newer revisions of the MVP - does anyone know the exact model/revision to look for? I'm looking for a wired MVP, not wireless. Is the Sage store selling the latest MVP's, or is it a crap shoot which revision I'd get?

Thanks!
xig
Old 04-25-2007, 08:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

I purchased a new MVP from amazon and got a very modern version with the digital sound output.

Not sure about the sage store. Every time I wanted to buy one from them they were out of stock and never restocked.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
I purchased a new MVP from amazon and got a very modern version with the digital sound output.

Not sure about the sage store. Every time I wanted to buy one from them they were out of stock and never restocked.
Can you tell us both which Firmware model do you have?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

I received a revision h3 mvp to replace my rev d3a mvp I returned to hauppauge due to the brightness issue. It has the digital audio output and the brightness is fine. I believe that it is the latest version.

The revision of firmware seems to be irrelevant because it is reloaded when the mvp boots. If this was simply a firmware issue, it could have been fixed with software.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte1 View Post
I received a revision h3 mvp to replace my rev d3a mvp I returned to hauppauge due to the brightness issue. It has the digital audio output and the brightness is fine. I believe that it is the latest version.

The revision of firmware seems to be irrelevant because it is reloaded when the mvp boots. If this was simply a firmware issue, it could have been fixed with software.
You can returned them back HAU really and do they give you a replacement or something else in return?
Old 04-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir View Post
You can returned them back HAU really and do they give you a replacement or something else in return?
yep. there is a whole thread about it:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17806
Old 04-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I started another thread about the same subject. I just bought one from Sage and received it yesterday. Model 86019, Rev H3, Lot 1107

Maybe I'm picky, but I assume I have the problem described in other threads on this forum. The red's are overly saturated (orange'ish to me) and the brightness appears 15-20% down from the TV's regularl tuner. Cranking up the brightness on the recordings is not an acceptable fix to me, and if I do the same with my brightness/contrast on my TV, it doesn't really fix the detail of the dark scenes - it just makes it washed out.

I can't believe this is a problem that still persists.

Robert
Old 05-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Sage Icon

Wish we knew if the video levels issue was present in every H3 unit or if it's some sort of design problem where variations in component tolerances (like transistors or resistors) is the reason some work properly.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Mine works fine and it's an H3. My guess would be that people still complaining about dark video probably need to better calibrate their tuner inputs and/or TV.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:03 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Mine works fine and it's an H3. My guess would be that people still complaining about dark video probably need to better calibrate their tuner inputs and/or TV.
Uh, no. Either your blind or your unit is not affected. My setup is calibrated.

Robert