SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problem with Dynamic menus

Hullo,

I just upgraded to 6.1, and all was working fine.
I then installed the newest version of the Dynamic menu plugin, and now whenever I click on a menu item nothing happens.

I have tried looking through the properties file for the line to remove to go back to before dynamic menu, but cannt find it.

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

just remove the line(s) referencing the current STV file. Sage will revert to the default STV.

Cannot explain why you get that problem... is it possible you imported it twice?
Did you use flachbars' bulk importer (it has an issue with the dynamic menus that mean that the latter must be imported manually)?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had it installed on version 6 of Sage.
Upgraded Sage to 6.1 and then upgraded the menus.
I then imported the thing, so in around about way I supposed I installed it twice.

Now that I have a working Sage, how do I go about importing the menus so I can use them again please?

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Import it into a clean Sagetv3.xml (or one with other imports imported), following the instuctions on the web page (linked in my footer)...
Old 04-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Sage Icon

Dynamic Menus is IMHO the 2nd best Sage hack, right behind the MVP.

Props!
Old 04-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
Dynamic Menus is IMHO the 2nd best Sage hack, right behind the MVP.
Props!
+1. Makes customising the menus a breeze!

Bravo Nielm!
Old 04-28-2007, 08:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Old 04-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Sage Expert

Nielm, I am having the same problem that Edgly is having...

Only on the MVP though...On the main system, all is fine..Its been going on since I upgraded to 6.1.18..Today I upgraded to 6.1.19 and same problem..

Here is what I did...

I loaded new sage 6.1.19... Thus, giving me a new sagetv3 file.

On my main system, I imported the dynamic menus stvi...all is well...when I imported, it changed my stv to sagetv51....and all menus work fine...

I then went to my MVP and plugged it in..Everything loaded fine. I went to detailed setup and loaded the Sagetv3 file on the MVP and the went to the advanced tab and loaded the dynamic menu STVI.

Same problem as before...and let me describe it a little better.

on certain menus and only on my MVP, when I first access the menu, the menu item that is highlited as I enter the menu...nothing happens when I click on "select"...(Its like it loses focus on certain menus)...If I click on any other key and then click on "select", it selects the menu item...almost like it needs to be refocused...but only with the select button...If I click the "right" button, it moves right or "left" it moves left...Only the "select button" has the problem for me..and as I said, when I click any other button and then click select...it works fine...

I have 2 MVP's and both are doing the same thing...And this only started with 6.1.18..Always worked fine before...

Thanks for any help...

Gary Ellis
Old 05-02-2007, 05:21 AM
Sage Expert

Nielm, any ideas would be welcome..thanks....

Gray Ellis
Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't have an MVP, so its a bit tricky for me to reproduce it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis View Post
on certain menus and only on my MVP, when I first access the menu, the menu item that is highlited as I enter the menu...nothing happens when I click on "select"...(Its like it loses focus on certain menus)...
By clicking 'select' you mean pressing the remote key (I didn't think MVPs were mouse-able)
Quote:
If I click on any other key and then click on "select", it selects the menu item...almost like it needs to be refocused...but only with the select button...If I click the "right" button, it moves right or "left" it moves left...
Sorry, bit confused here -- what moves left or right? Apart from the recording schedule, the dynamic menus screen's focus movement is up/down only (left=back, right=select)

Does it make a difference if you are trying to select a menut item that links to a submenu (eg Media Library), or to an internal screen (eg Recordings)
Old 05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Sage Expert

Hi Nielm,

Yes, I am only using a remote...The Hauppauge remote. The "select" button is the center button that is similar to an "enter" button... Thus, when I "highlite" something, I press this button to "select" or execute it...

Example: I turn the TV on and am at the Sage menu on my MVP. Highlited is "Sage Recordings"...I press select and am taken to a sceen with a listing of recordings. One of the recordings is highlited. I press select and nothing happens. If I press any other button on the remote (for example: the "move down" button) , then the next recording is highlited and I can press "select" and it works. It only seems to be the initial time on any screen other than the first main menu.

I have customized most menus using the dynamic menu program...

Another example : from the main menu, I scroll down to "setup", I press select and am taken to a screen where "detailed setup" is highlited. I press "select" and nothing happens. If I press the move down button and then the move up button, the "detailed setup" is highlited again. Now I can press "select" and it works...

Like I said, only the initial time to any screen and only the select button...

Wierd...it started when I loaded the latest version of dynamic menus and 6.1.18..I've since loaded 6.1.19 and the same happens...and only on the MVP..the main system works fine.

Thanks,

Gary

P.S. I just noticed when I go into Media Library that when I come to a screen with a video highlited, I can press "select" and it works...but then the next screen says "watch now"..When I press select there, it does not work..

Last edited by garyellis; 05-02-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

A couple of ideas.

Go into options on the Main Menu (yellow button) and make sure that the Dynamic Menus configuration file is default_menu_V6_1.xml

if thats not the problem

Instead of loading the STVi on the MVP, just switch the STV (SageTV Application Package) to the one that already has the STVi imported on your server and then check the Dynamic Menus configuration file.

John
Old 05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

So the focus problem is actually the screen launched *from* the dynamic menus, not in the dynamic menus screen itself?

Thats very wierd...
Old 05-03-2007, 03:49 AM
Sage User

I'm trying to make sure I have your latest version... the download calls it 6.1, but when I check my system it comes up as version 5.7.... the one I have was from your download on Feb. 20... is 5.7 the latest version for Sage 6.1?

Hardware, ATI HDTV, ATI 9550, all digital all the time
Old 05-03-2007, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

yes 5.7 is the latest, I just forgot to update the version #
Old 05-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Sage User

Cool... I'll put away my magic marker and get some sleep! I suspected it was current. Thanks!

Hardware, ATI HDTV, ATI 9550, all digital all the time