SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:35 PM

Thumbs down MediaMVP unable to see SageTV Server, possible hardware problem

I noticed today that one of my wired MediaMVPs was displaying the "No Streaming Server Found" screen. I have 2 wired MVPs and the other MVP was fully functional. So I rebooted the MVP that was not working, and no success, keeps going to the config screen where it is unable to find a server. Then I noticed only one of the two ethernet port indicators was lit up. Checked the functional MVP and both indicators were lit. I am assuming that this means I may have a hardware issue, but was hoping someone could verify this for me, and/or suggest what I should do next.

I can ping the MVP and get a response from any computer on my network, but I am unable to connect when I try to telnet to it, I get a connection refused error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoerschuk View Post
I noticed today that one of my wired MediaMVPs was displaying the "No Streaming Server Found" screen. I have 2 wired MVPs and the other MVP was fully functional. So I rebooted the MVP that was not working, and no success, keeps going to the config screen where it is unable to find a server. Then I noticed only one of the two ethernet port indicators was lit up. Checked the functional MVP and both indicators were lit. I am assuming that this means I may have a hardware issue, but was hoping someone could verify this for me, and/or suggest what I should do next.

I can ping the MVP and get a response from any computer on my network, but I am unable to connect when I try to telnet to it, I get a connection refused error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I finally got SAGETV to run on all of my MVP and the wireless only less 1-2 sec loaded..

For years using the other software and now this one you could do this..

1. Unplug the power and LAN cable
2. Plugin the Power wait 1, 2, 3 sec
3. Plugin the LAN cable
4. If you have switch not of the L3 type then you might have to reset it or router in which you use.
5. Skip 4 then restart the STAGETV Services then goto 4 (only if 5 didn't do it)
Old 04-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Sage Icon

Just checked my MVP, both light indicators are ON (amber and green). Maybe its a bad network cable, replace it and see if it makes a difference.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.