SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy USB-UIRT driver installation on Vista Ultimate running SAGETV v6.1.9

I can not successfully install the USB-UIRT drivers on a VISTA ULTIMATE system running SAGETV v6.1.9.

I downloaded driver USB-UIRT drivers 1.4. Unzip the file. Plugged the USB-UIRT into the system and browsed to the extracted files. However the result is I get an error message saying the files do not contain the drivers for my hardware. Every thing works fine on my xp pc, but I am upgrading to a new hardware and Vista Ultimate.

I have tried posting to the USB-UIRT forum but have not receive any responses.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Sage Icon

Any update on this? I am seriously thinking of going to Vista...
Old 10-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Sage Icon

Is there anybody here who is using the USB-UIRT with Sage under Windows Vista 32bit?

I just received my new quad-core and other components and would like to go with Vista as long as Sage and the USB-UIRT work with it.

PS:
Any other Sage/Vista issues I should be aware of?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

I've gotten the USBUIRT to work on my Home Premium system. Although there have been some issues that I can't pin down.

I remember being able to install it properly, I think I forced it to use a particular driver via device manager.

The issue I have currently, is that after some amount of time, it quits working. I just wake up one morning and the USBUIRT can't change channels or respond to the remote. Restarting restores functionality.

I used to think it was because some program was stealing focus in the middle of the night (I was running an old script to detect commercials) - then it went away. Then I started running DirMon and SA, it was fine for a couple of weeks, then it happened again so I shut that down too.

Then this morning, it quit again!

I need to make a debug report and send it in - I just haven't had time.

For your problem - I would try the device manager route - then I would check the usbuirt support email - I've always had good luck with them.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac View Post
Is there anybody here who is using the USB-UIRT with Sage under Windows Vista 32bit?
Works fine for me (Vista is my development machine and I develop a software for the USB-UIRT, so I can use the device, but I currently don't use the USB-UIRT with SageTV on Vista).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless View Post
The issue I have currently, is that after some amount of time, it quits working. I just wake up one morning and the USBUIRT can't change channels or respond to the remote. Restarting restores functionality.
I would first try to plug and unplug the device Though you'll surely need to restart SageTV. When creating my application for the USB-UIRT, I can see that if you unplug and plug the device, then my application doesn't see the device anymore (I'll work on this later), if you restart the application then all is fine.

Sometimes Vista play the "ding dou" device connected / disconnected sound for no reasons (it happens many times during my work), so maybe the device gets disconnected and reconnected.

Quote:
I would try the device manager route.
If I remember correctly I just plugged in the USB-UIRT, then got the rather long search driver dialog and was able to specify the device driver to use, so the usual procedure for drivers in Vista, nothing special.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
I would first try to plug and unplug the device Though you'll surely need to restart SageTV.
This is my first thought. I feel like my system might be powering that port down for some reason, even though I have all power saving features turned off.

I have tomorrow off, so maybe I'll take a look.

or maybe I'll just play video games...I haven't decided.