SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Sage Expert

SageTV V6.2.0 Beta for Mac OS X

Installed 6.2.0 Beta for Mac over 6.1.9 (twice). Runs well but system information still lists Software version as SageTV V6.1.9.1.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Sage Icon

Have you tried running this as a client?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:06 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius View Post
Have you tried running this as a client?
How do I run Sage Mac as client?

Also, I don't seem to be able to right click the top window bar to select always-on-top anymore.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgGuy View Post
How do I run Sage Mac as client?

Also, I don't seem to be able to right click the top window bar to select always-on-top anymore.
I wouldn't bother trying to run this version as a client. That'll happen soon enough. The v6.1.9.1 version is correct, though unintentional
Old 05-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Sage Icon

I saw a message by Narflex who said that could be possible. Not sure how old this post was ...
Old 05-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Sage Expert

Always On Top

Any way with Mac 6.2.0 to get the Always On Top window behavior?
Old 05-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Sage User

Lightbulb - help getting EyeTV 610 (DVB-C) working

Hi all

I Installed the new beta on MacOSX and it look promising.

I used SageTV on Win for years and glad to see that it is arriving to MacOSX.

But the time of analog cards and recieval is about to be over.

I have the EyeTV 610 box (DVB-C) with CI and would provide my machine for any SageTV people that would try get it working with this device.

(Maybe we will have native DVB support on MacOSX before Windows version)

Best regards

Jacob
Old 05-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

I wonder if firewire enabled cable boxes will work with this somehow?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Sage Expert

Will there now be any way of listening to song that I downloaded with iTunes through Sage?
Old 05-06-2007, 12:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I think the real issue is Apple's FairPlay DRM. However, if SageTV could be told to run an applescript on command, you could reroute the audio using software from rogue amoeba.

B
Old 05-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Sage User

Great

I'm so excited to see Sage working on Mac! I have an HD Homerun and I hope that, when you get a chance, you'll be able to support it.

Again, congratulations on your great work.

-Ari
Old 05-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Sage User

Firewire!

Is there anyway to get it to work with the firewire? If there is, I'm ditching my last windows PC permanently! I've never been able to get the firewire/windows/sagetv combo to work properly, and firewire/mac/stb(SA3250HD) works 100% clean on my mac and I would love for it to be my primary DVR!

If its not going to be supported in the near future, do you think it will be possible to hack like they did for windows?

I'm almost willing to dig in to Xcode and figure it out if there is a possibility of coding some sort of hack.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

What's the minumum recommended config for this?

I tried it out briefly on my iMac G4 1 Ghz, with 768 MB ram and even just browsing the menus was terribly slow.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyman1 View Post
What's the minumum recommended config for this?

I tried it out briefly on my iMac G4 1 Ghz, with 768 MB ram and even just browsing the menus was terribly slow.
While I haven't used it yet, I would doubt a 1Ghz G4 is fast enough. My old 1.5Ghz G4 barely plays most of the content I watch these days.

Cheers,
iSage Theme
Old 05-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey guys, any updates on Mac server? I started playing more around with my mac pro dual core, and man this thing is amazing! I tried playing several 1080p h264 movie previews at the sametime, without a stutter, plus at the sametime I was using parallels XP to do some work, downloading itunes all at the same time. Mac pro is definately one hell of a machine. I want to use this as my sage server now. It looks like they are coming out with an analog/encrypted qam tuner for mac soon.

my question is, has anyone figured out a way to get sage server to change channels on STB? I dont think usb-uirt works under os/x?

Thanks
Mo
Old 05-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post
Hey guys, any updates on Mac server? I started playing more around with my mac pro dual core, and man this thing is amazing! I tried playing several 1080p h264 movie previews at the sametime, without a stutter, plus at the sametime I was using parallels XP to do some work, downloading itunes all at the same time. Mac pro is definately one hell of a machine. I want to use this as my sage server now. It looks like they are coming out with an analog/encrypted qam tuner for mac soon.

my question is, has anyone figured out a way to get sage server to change channels on STB? I dont think usb-uirt works under os/x?

Thanks
Mo
I have been trying to hook the Sage guys up with these guys(http://twistedmelon.com/mira/hardware.html) so maybe we can get support for their device. It's been back and forth, but I haven't heard anything new in a week or so. Hopefully that means they're working hard as always on a solution to make all of us that need this happy
Old 06-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

So, I havent heard anything in a while, but have some thoughts. I am beginning to hate my windows pcs. They are loud, run really hot, and dont work half the time. I did something that I thought was amazing two days ago. I hooked up a second monitor to my mac pro, and used parallels to put windows XP on one monitor, os/x on the other, and use the mouse back and fourth and applications with no problems!
Simply amazing. I dont see any windows based pc doing that! What is more sweet is that parallels 3.0 is coming out. Support of opengl and direct 3d, that is right, 3d pc games right here in osx!!!!!!!

So, even if sagetv server doesnt fully come out for osx, we can probably fall back upon parallels and windows xp or vista to use it, and it should be fast.
Just hoping those HD extenders come out soon.

Lates!
Mo!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post
So, even if sagetv server doesnt fully come out for osx, we can probably fall back upon parallels and windows xp or vista to use it, and it should be fast.
Just hoping those HD extenders come out soon.

Lates!
Mo!
Interesting thought.. Parallels says they support USB 2.0, I wonder if a tuner would work through it. However, just because there hasn't been a beta refresh in the past month doesn't mean it is dead.

B