SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Exclamation ATT Stanger89 - Help needed

Stanger, i need your help.. please, please, please... i have a bad headache

I am trying to use your plugin DVDPro2Sage as an alternative to MM.

I can't work out for the life of me how to sort out my titles properly.

With MM, i could do this ( as an example ) :
My Movies --> TV Series --> Seinfeld --> Season 1 --> Disc 1 *PLAY*

How do you do this with your plugin ? There is no way to organise a DVD Box set..

For example, in DVD Profiler 2.4, i have a tiltle called " Seinfeld The Complete 1st & 2nd Seasons " series Box Set. I have exported it to an XML. Now what ??
Single movies are fine. I can deal with them. But what does one do for BoxSets ?

Have you posted a detailed guide on how to use your plugin somewhere ?

thanks..
Old 05-14-2007, 06:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Well that's the tricky bit, my "plugin" DVDPro2Sage is just a Java class that extracts data from the DVD Profiler XML export. It doesn't do anything as far as presentation of the data, that's up to whoever implements the Java class in an STV(i).

Currently, SageMC, Meekell, and my import use the library (hope I didn't leave anybody out). I know my import simply adds the info to the Sage database, doesn't change the funcitonality, not sure about the other two.

I've got some ideas about how to do it (DVD Profiler 3 has a nifty Box Set Parent field that I didn't notice in 2.4), but I haven't done anything yet.

At the moment I'm reworking DVDPro2Sage, hopefully I can make it work with either version (I didn't think that was possible before)....

The next step would be to build an STVi, but I don't have a schedule for that.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Well that's the tricky bit, my "plugin" DVDPro2Sage is just a Java class that extracts data from the DVD Profiler XML export. It doesn't do anything as far as presentation of the data, that's up to whoever implements the Java class in an STV(i).

Currently, SageMC, Meekell, and my import use the library (hope I didn't leave anybody out). I know my import simply adds the info to the Sage database, doesn't change the funcitonality, not sure about the other two.

I've got some ideas about how to do it (DVD Profiler 3 has a nifty Box Set Parent field that I didn't notice in 2.4), but I haven't done anything yet.

At the moment I'm reworking DVDPro2Sage, hopefully I can make it work with either version (I didn't think that was possible before)....

But this doesn't work with Dvd profiler 3.0 right?

Thanks,
mike
Old 05-14-2007, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Not yet If it would have been coded better it probably would
Old 05-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Thanks for the reply Stanger,

So basically, you're telling me that it's not possible to do what i want using SageMC, unless someone with programing/coding skills decides do something about it.

This is why i started the " My Movies " thread, in order to have this sorted out. No offence to you Stanger, but the current system isn't up to the task.
Sage is such a great piece of work, it's only downfall is it's lack of DVD & Video media intergration.

cheers
Old 05-14-2007, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvulture View Post
Thanks for the reply Stanger,

So basically, you're telling me that it's not possible to do what i want using SageMC, unless someone with programing/coding skills decides do something about it.
Essentially yes.

Quote:
This is why i started the " My Movies " thread, in order to have this sorted out. No offence to you Stanger, but the current system isn't up to the task.
No offense taken, I agree with you that what you want hasn't been implemented yet.

Quote:
Sage is such a great piece of work, it's only downfall is it's lack of DVD & Video media intergration.
I think this really needs to be defined better, by that I mean to define exactly what people expect. To that end, another shameless plug for my other thread:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17978
Old 05-14-2007, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
But this doesn't work with Dvd profiler 3.0 right?

Thanks,
mike
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, you be the judge:

Actors, Directors, and Role retrieval definitely don't work with 3.0, they're stored significantly different, and I haven't worked that out yet. I think everything else works, but there's two things I want to know:

1) Does this still work with existing DVDPro2Sage implementations (meaning both Sage and DVD Profiler 2.4/3.0)?
2) Does it not crash

The code is a LOT cleaner now, I'm much happier with it, also should be much more robust (hopefully not less but it could be).

Also requires Java 5 (that's the version that added XPath FWIW), it's developed against 6, if you're still using 4 and want to use this, I highly recommend updating to Java 6. If you're running 5, it might work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVDPro2Sage.zip (14.8 KB, 248 views)
Old 05-14-2007, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, you be the judge:

Actors, Directors, and Role retrieval definitely don't work with 3.0, they're stored significantly different, and I haven't worked that out yet. I think everything else works, but there's two things I want to know:

1) Does this still work with existing DVDPro2Sage implementations (meaning both Sage and DVD Profiler 2.4/3.0)?
2) Does it not crash

The code is a LOT cleaner now, I'm much happier with it, also should be much more robust (hopefully not less but it could be).

Also requires Java 5 (that's the version that added XPath FWIW), it's developed against 6, if you're still using 4 and want to use this, I highly recommend updating to Java 6. If you're running 5, it might work.
Pretty good work so far. I just tested this. In using SageMC what I originally had was length of movie, Rating and Genre. Now this is all replaced by the first paragraph (x number of characters) from the movie description. So I have Movie title, year and movie description and beginning of movie description where time, rating and genre used to be. This may be particular to SageMC and I will test the SageTV3 default STV soon.

Gerry

EDIT: Genre and Year does show in the default SageTV3 stv. Time shows up as 0 seconds. Will your previous plugin work properly with this?
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 05-14-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

You just swapped out the java files right?
Old 05-14-2007, 09:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You just swapped out the java files right?
Yepper.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:22 PM
SageTVaholic

That seems really odd....

Oh, and I'm not sure where it stands but the way the stock STV stores info changed a bit, so it might not be pulling the same information from the same places as SageMC.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That seems really odd....

Oh, and I'm not sure where it stands but the way the stock STV stores info changed a bit, so it might not be pulling the same information from the same places as SageMC.
Well I also noted that DVDPro 3 stores it's images in a user-specific directory under the users' My Documents\DVD Profiler\default so I changed the path for where DVD Profiler stores it info to that. The funny thing is in SageMC I can choose "edit video info" and get an option for DVD Profiler info. Here it reads that info directly form the collections.xml because I can see it slowly accessing it. And except for 2 of the fields (can't remember which ones-it shows a jlang error or something) all of the info is there. Maybe something needs to change in SageMC to present the info correctly in the screen? I didn't do a whole lot of troubleshooting but I can take a look tonight. In the default stv I added your IVL7 plugin but did not see the info button. Did I miss something? Or should it pull the DVDPro 3 info directly into the default STV?

Gerry
Old 05-15-2007, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

I'll take another look this afternoon, but I've got a test driver I run against it and it looked like it was pulling all the info correctly.

IVL, that's pretty old, I don't know if/how that will work.

For the DVD Profiler Importer, you need GKusnick's Studio tools installed for the import to work (I missed a lot of stuff in that package).
Old 05-15-2007, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll take another look this afternoon, but I've got a test driver I run against it and it looked like it was pulling all the info correctly.

IVL, that's pretty old, I don't know if/how that will work.

For the DVD Profiler Importer, you need GKusnick's Studio tools installed for the import to work (I missed a lot of stuff in that package).
OK-I'll get those tools installed. I had them at one time. I'll also try a virgin install so I can see what I get with no previous information.

Gerry
Old 05-15-2007, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Pretty good work so far. I just tested this. In using SageMC what I originally had was length of movie, Rating and Genre. Now this is all replaced by the first paragraph (x number of characters) from the movie description. So I have Movie title, year and movie description and beginning of movie description where time, rating and genre used to be.
Everything looks right on my end, all the functions are returning what I expect them to. One thing I thought of, did you shutdown the Sage instance you were using where you replaced the java files? I don't know how Sage reacts to having a class swapped out on it on the fly.

At best I think it ignores it, at worst, well, who knows.

I've still got a couple things to clean up.

-edit

Looks like there may be a problem with stuff getting "mixed up"... Oh, definitely something not right. Looks like some variable is not getting re-initialized properly.

Hm..., this could be tricky

-edit2

Nevermind, I was getting confused, looking at a big list of output isn't the easiest thing in the world.

Last edited by stanger89; 05-15-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, making progress, not all the way there yet. Give this one a shot and see if it's better. Should be able to retreive Actors and Roles now. The only thing I know isn't working for 3 is Directors.

I think it still needs some work, looks like XPath isn't as great as it sounds on paper.

Note it's got a folder in the Zip file, so make sure you put the files in the right place (<sagetvfolder>/DVDPro2Sage)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVDPro2Sage.zip (15.1 KB, 223 views)
Old 05-16-2007, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks. I'll test it tonight. I should have some time.

Gerry
Old 05-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just tried the latest one & it appears to be working fine with MC... Excellent work Stanger !!!
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, making progress, not all the way there yet. Give this one a shot and see if it's better. Should be able to retreive Actors and Roles now. The only thing I know isn't working for 3 is Directors.

I think it still needs some work, looks like XPath isn't as great as it sounds on paper.

Note it's got a folder in the Zip file, so make sure you put the files in the right place (<sagetvfolder>/DVDPro2Sage)
This still isn't working right for me so a couple of questions.

I completely unistalled both DVD Profiler 2.5 and 3.0 and just reinstalled the latest DVD Profiler 3.03 build 1126.

DVD Profiler 3 now keeps the database and images in the users "My Documents" folder. So the path becomes C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Databases\Default\Images. In your DVDPro2Sage.java you define a static path to the old Intervocative path. This won't work for 3 will it? Don't get me wrong I'm getting images because I've defined the default path for DVD profiler as C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Databases\Default. Is this wrong? I'm not getting front and back images, just a folder image in the video_ts folder.

Where I had rating, time and genre in the SageMC Video Info page I'm still getting a repeat of the description. The field descriptions I'm seeing in SageMC for a DVD Profiler Import are Title, First Run, Episode, Description, Duration, Category, Subcategory, People [Ljava.lang.String;@1257e26, Roles [Ljava.lang.String;@7cfca9, Rating, Expanded, Year, Parental Rating, Misc, Language, Released. I'm just not seeing any of these except Episode and Description in the SageMC Video Info screen.

I removed all of my DVD directories. Copied only a dozen DVD rips into a completely new directory and removed all the .jpgs. Added this directory to Sage. Did a clean client install and imported SageMC. The rips had no info or images. I did a clean enties of the 12 DVDs into a new install of DVD Profiler 3 and exported this into the collections.xml. I set the path for the collections.xml to the SageTV directory mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\Collection.xml and the path for DVD Profiler 3 as mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:\\Documents and Settings\\Gerry\\My Documents\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default. I placed your last DVDPro2Sage zip extracted and overwrote it in the SageTV directory and verified it is being used. I also installed Gkusnick Studio tools in the Sage directory too.

I'm pretty sure title, category, year and misc is suppose to show up in the Video Info screen. (It used to)

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Gerry

EDIT: I changed this to mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\Collection.xml

Last edited by gplasky; 05-19-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post

Where I had rating, time and genre in the SageMC Video Info page I'm still getting a repeat of the description. The field descriptions I'm seeing in SageMC for a DVD Profiler Import are Title, First Run, Episode, Description, Duration, Category, Subcategory, People [Ljava.lang.String;@1257e26, Roles [Ljava.lang.String;@7cfca9, Rating, Expanded, Year, Parental Rating, Misc, Language, Released. I'm just not seeing any of these except Episode and Description in the SageMC Video Info screen.
I debugged into it, and it seems the new DVDPro2Sage version returns the description in both APIs 'getDescription()' and 'getOverview()'. Previously the 'getDescription()' call always returned an empty string, so now the repeated description is 'kicking' the other fields off the screen...

I will need to change the SageMC DVD profiler refresh code to accommodate this new behavior...

Dirk