SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:12 AM
SageTVaholic

You should be able to configure those paths from the Import menu, there's a settings option.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

I could do one of the paths from the gui and there was no way to close the window if all I wanted to do was flip the copy images bit. The XML path does not allow you to specify, which you must do to enable UNC.

Thanks,

B
Old 05-21-2007, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Esc/Options should get you out of that one, I could add an OK though.

I'll take a look at the specify on the XML.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

0.7.3 will have a Cancel button for the settings menu. I don't plan on adding a specify for the XML file, unless somebody knows of a dialog in sage with that functionality that I can copy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Well I also noted that DVDPro 3 stores it's images in a user-specific directory under the users' My Documents\DVD Profiler\default so I changed the path for where DVD Profiler stores it info to that.
You know you can change the library location in DVD Profiler 3, just go to File -> Open Database. Then pick New Database. You can put it wherever you want.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
0.7.3 will have a Cancel button for the settings menu. I don't plan on adding a specify for the XML file, unless somebody knows of a dialog in sage with that functionality that I can copy
Take a look at SageMC and the SageMC Options page. This has a "specify" button for the xml path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
You know you can change the library location in DVD Profiler 3, just go to File -> Open Database. Then pick New Database. You can put it wherever you want.
I know now.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:34 AM
SageTVaholic

I didn't actually try changing the database path.. But from what I read on the Invelos forums that allowed you to change the location of one or 2 folder, not all of them. I'd be interested in knowing if it works, otherwise I will stick with the junction.

Your other menu has a specify link in it..

B
Old 05-23-2007, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Well if you make a new database, everything goes there, everything important at least. I didn't see a way to "move" one.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Good to know. I run a very small OS partition, 10 GB, so I want to keep it as light as possible. Thanks for the info

B
Old 05-26-2007, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Can't quite seem to make up my mind on a package, but here's the latest DVDPro2Sage (version 1.6 on SourceForge if you're interested). This time there's not a folder in the zip, so put the files in a DVDPro2Sage folder in your SageTV folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVDPro2Sage.zip (16.0 KB, 195 views)
Old 05-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Where do you get .7.2 of the IVL ? I can only find .5 on sage.tv ?
Old 05-27-2007, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

It's a few posts up:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...6&postcount=26

Last edited by stanger89; 05-27-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks ! I'm making a lot of progress except about 15% of my movies are importing like this :

http://www.richerts.net/error.jpg

Basically the importer SEES the match and it SEES the correct run time and information, but it only imports the picture and a runtime of 0 minutes into Sage ?
Old 05-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

One other thing that is happening , only if i go "Media Center, Videos" do i get the IVL listing. If i stop a dvd, or use my "Videos" button on the remote it takes me to the old sage listing. Anyway around that ?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekl View Post
One other thing that is happening , only if i go "Media Center, Videos" do i get the IVL listing. If i stop a dvd, or use my "Videos" button on the remote it takes me to the old sage listing. Anyway around that ?
That version (the one with it's own video view) hasn't been updated and may/may not work right.

I wouldn't recommend using it.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think there is some confusion about what i'm trying to do. I am using IVL .72 as posted earlier in this forum. I am not using any other stv's or custom themes and have not modded any of the menus.

From the main menu if i go "Meda Center" "Imported Videos" I get the nice pretty IVL listing.

However if I get to the "imported videos" screen from ANY other method (i.e. hitting stop on a movie, hitting any shortcut to the videos menu) takes you to the default crappy sage listing where all you see is the front covers. This means that I am constantly hitting home, down down down, enter, down down enter which is annoying. Is there anyway to actually replace the sage screen with yours rather then just link that one menu item to yours ?

Love your work .. do you have a link to your sourceforge or other site for donations ?
Old 05-27-2007, 09:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think there is some confusion about what i'm trying to do. I am using IVL .72 as posted earlier in this forum. I am not using any other stv's or custom themes and have not modded any of the menus.

From the main menu if i go "Meda Center" "Imported Videos" I get the nice pretty IVL listing.
Maybe a screenshot would help.

Quote:
However if I get to the "imported videos" screen from ANY other method (i.e. hitting stop on a movie, hitting any shortcut to the videos menu) takes you to the default crappy sage listing where all you see is the front covers. This means that I am constantly hitting home, down down down, enter, down down enter which is annoying. Is there anyway to actually replace the sage screen with yours rather then just link that one menu item to yours ?
See, here's why I'm confused, the import doesn't change any of the existing Sage functionality...

Well, I should back up, you are using Sage 6 right?

All the import does is add a menu to import the metadata, and a button (in the imported videos section) to get to that menu.

What you describe sounds a lot like the "old" version, the one in the download area that replaces the stock video library. If you're using that, or if you've loaded that in the past, I'd go back to the Stock SageTV3.xml and import 0.7.2 fresh.

Quote:
Love your work .. do you have a link to your sourceforge or other site for donations ?
I appreciate the compliment, but I want to keep this strictly volunteer-only. I do this mostly for myself, and don't want the responsibility that comes with accepting money, be it donations or fees
Old 05-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok you were right the video library I was seeing was from the .5 version, going back to Sage3 and re-importing just .72 gives me the default sage view.

So .. I'm sure i'm missing something here .. the addon is called Improved Video Library, is the ONLY thing it does now is import the metadata ? The default sage view, to be "nice" sucks .. very badly .. to the point of being completely unusable.

I really liked the 'look' of the .5 where on the left hand side you had the names on the right side a thumbnail of the cover and a description. The default Sage look JUST gives me the cover picture and doesnt even sort them properly.

In short .. how do I get a better then default listing out of .72 ?
Old 05-28-2007, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok you were right the video library I was seeing was from the .5 version, going back to Sage3 and re-importing just .72 gives me the default sage view.

So .. I'm sure i'm missing something here .. the addon is called Improved Video Library, is the ONLY thing it does now is import the metadata ?
It does now. It's kind of been a moving target.

Quote:
The default sage view, to be "nice" sucks .. very badly .. to the point of being completely unusable.

I really liked the 'look' of the .5 where on the left hand side you had the names on the right side a thumbnail of the cover and a description. The default Sage look JUST gives me the cover picture and doesnt even sort them properly.

In short .. how do I get a better then default listing out of .72 ?
You really don't. The current "IVL" is mainly a stepping stone, hopefully for something better, once I figure out what better is.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok .. well at least i know now Back to .5 for me ! I appreciate your rapid responses, let me know if you need a tester for anything.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Sage User

Stanger, was using .5 and now I'm using .72 and it works great with dvdprofiler 3. The only thing I casn see that is not right is I still only get the low res thumbnails and not the hi res ones. how do we get the hi res ones to copy over and not the low res.

Thanks