SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Right now it copies both, but makes the folder.jpg out of the DVD Profiler thumbnails (it actually copies 3 files, the thumbnail, and the high res front/back).

I have it copying the thumbnails to folder.jpg because it seems to take a while to load thumbnails and I don't want it bogged down loading a bunch of high res images when they're only displayed "postage stamp" size.

Long term plan is to have a way to display the front/back covers, probably on a detailed info page.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:16 AM
Sage Icon

I'm having a devil of a time getting this to work. Does the latest SageMC have fixes so that it works with your latest dvdpro2sage?

Also, when I run the stvi in the default stv, nothing seems to happen. Do I need the studio tools loaded for this version, or is the IVL stvi all that's needed along with the new dvdpro2sage files?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-31-2007, 05:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
I'm having a devil of a time getting this to work. Does the latest SageMC have fixes so that it works with your latest dvdpro2sage?
I don't know, you'd need to check with flachbar.

Quote:
Also, when I run the stvi in the default stv, nothing seems to happen. Do I need the studio tools loaded for this version, or is the IVL stvi all that's needed along with the new dvdpro2sage files?
Yes, you need studio tools.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I haven't tested it with the latest dvdpro2sage jar yet, but I will as soon as I find some time...

Dirk
Old 05-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Sage User

Stranger I still only get the folder.jpg file in the VIDEO_TS folder. I know I'm doing something wrong. I just can't figure out what.
Also is there a way to copy over the cover flipped vertically and named folder2.jpg or a way to automate it so I don't have to do it manually every time. I'm trying to do a STV with this kind of effect on several different pages and doing it manually is killing me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Videos.jpg (73.7 KB, 183 views)
Old 05-31-2007, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

The large ones should be up a directory (next to the VIDEO_TS folder, not in it).

As for flipping it, that would involve image processing to a degree I have no clue about and don't really care to learn

Though I have a feeling it might be possible to do in Studio at the STV level (that is, display an image upside down).
Old 05-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
I don't know, you'd need to check with flachbar.

Yes, you need studio tools.
Ok, I loaded studio tools, but no go. Same problem. Is there a post where there is a step by step process for installing this into an existing install of SageMC?

So I dumped 3.0, and installed 2.4 of DVD profiler. Guess what, 2.4 only works if there is an existing xml database. There is no way to do a new install of 2.4 and have it function.

The stupid thing about this is I just care about the DVD covers in SageMC. All the metadata is nice, but not that essential. My Movies under MCE was SOOOO much easier to deal with. It grabbed covers and metadat from amazon.com and other sites too, so no dealing all the DVD profiler overkill. Also Amazon.com's data feed recognized several DVD's that DVDprofiler's database doesn't include.

Sorry for the whining. This so much more complicated than it needs to be. And Sage should do all this stuff as a builtin in any case. It makes me half want to go back to MCE, not that I am going to do that though.

How do normal people install this sort of stuff? I guess normal people don't...

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-31-2007, 07:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, I loaded studio tools, but no go. Same problem. Is there a post where there is a step by step process for installing this into an existing install of SageMC?
The STVi can't be "installed" in SageMC, it's for the stock STV. SageMC supports DVDProfiler out of the box, you should be able to just replace the java files if you want to use DVD Pro 3. I think flachbar is going to include the latest java files in SageMC so you might just want to wait for that.

Quote:
So I dumped 3.0, and installed 2.4 of DVD profiler. Guess what, 2.4 only works if there is an existing xml database. There is no way to do a new install of 2.4 and have it function.
I've never seen that.

Quote:
The stupid thing about this is I just care about the DVD covers in SageMC. All the metadata is nice, but not that essential. My Movies under MCE was SOOOO much easier to deal with. It grabbed covers and metadat from amazon.com and other sites too, so no dealing all the DVD profiler overkill. Also Amazon.com's data feed recognized several DVD's that DVDprofiler's database doesn't include.
I've never thought much of the apps that scrape the web for data/covers, it always seems sketchy-er what you get.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Sorry for the whining. This so much more complicated than it needs to be. And Sage should do all this stuff as a builtin in any case. It makes me half want to go back to MCE, not that I am going to do that though.

How do normal people install this sort of stuff? I guess normal people don't...

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

when I began using DVDProfiler 2.4 I started off with an empty database, this wasn't a problem at all...

Anyway, I just tested stangers newest version with SageMC and DVDProfiler 2.4, and it seems to work fine. You just have to copy the new class file into the DVDPro2Sage folder. You could also try it out with DVDProfiler 3.0, but I haven't tested it...

Dirk
Old 05-31-2007, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
The STVi can't be "installed" in SageMC, it's for the stock STV. SageMC supports DVDProfiler out of the box, you should be able to just replace the java files if you want to use DVD Pro 3. I think flachbar is going to include the latest java files in SageMC so you might just want to wait for that.

I've never seen that.

I've never thought much of the apps that scrape the web for data/covers, it always seems sketchy-er what you get.
Ok, before I started with all this work I replaced the java files in SageMC, set the paths to point to the 3.0.3 database, but it didn't pick up any covers. How is the import process triggered in SageMC?

The issue with the 2.4 online profile is new, since they merged the 2.4 database into 3.0 last week. They did it in a stupid way so the online profiles can't be used to create a new database.

The scraping may not be elegant, but it seems to have a larger database, and doesn't need multiple programs installed just right to work.

Thanks,
mike
Old 06-01-2007, 04:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, before I started with all this work I replaced the java files in SageMC, set the paths to point to the 3.0.3 database, but it didn't pick up any covers. How is the import process triggered in SageMC?
See my other post in the SageMC thread

Quote:
The issue with the 2.4 online profile is new, since they merged the 2.4 database into 3.0 last week. They did it in a stupid way so the online profiles can't be used to create a new database.
Oh, didn't know that...

EDIT: one more thing: make sure you are using at least Java version 5 (I would recommend 6), the new class file uses the XPath API and will not work with 1.4

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 06-01-2007 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
See my other post in the SageMC thread

Oh, didn't know that...

EDIT: one more thing: make sure you are using at least Java version 5 (I would recommend 6), the new class file uses the XPath API and will not work with 1.4

Dirk
Yeah, it's basically broken for new users right now in terms of using dvdpro and sage...

I tried it using java 5r11, and 6r1, no go.

Thanks,
mike
Old 06-01-2007, 11:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, it's basically broken for new users right now in terms of using dvdpro and sage...

I tried it using java 5r11, and 6r1, no go.

Thanks,
mike
I have this working fine with java 1.6 and the default stv. If you want to use SageMC here is what I do from my other post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Until Dirk gets around to qualifying the issues with DVDPro2Sage for 3.0 here is what I did. Load the default SageTV3.xml and use the DVDPro2Sage and the IVL7.2 stvi found here and here in this thread. Configure the paths properly and update all your info. Now just switch to SageMC and enjoy. You'll need to switch back & forth when you add new DVDs until it is updated in SageMC. And keep in mind if you did a fresh install of DVD Profiler 3.0 the default paths for the database and images is different from 2.4. Traditionally you export the collection.xml to the SageMC directory in Sage. (Or at least I did.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Sage Icon

Stanger, Ok, since finding dirk's specifics I am having a lot more success with the plugin. For titles that have ":"'s in them which windows doesn't like, I changed the title in DVD profiler (the title is the operative field that is matched to the directory right, not the "sort title"?), and many of the titles had their meta-data imported fine.

Some titles though, aren't importing. Some of the titles which are also the names of the DVD rip directories include "Tora! Tora! Tora!", "Midway", "Cinderella", "Cailou's Family Fun", "Chocolat", etc...

Is it possible to clear all the metadata about all the DVD's and start over? Removing the DVD directory from the media directories list, rescanning and then re-adding it doesn't seem to do it.

Any idea as to what can be causing this? I am using your latest DVDPro2Sage files, and SageMC 6.3.3.

I also have a question about what directories to use for a DVD Profiler Boxed set like "the little mermaid", "dragnet 1967 -season 1" (3 discs), etc... What is the directory structure supposed to be do deal with this case?

Also, is there a write up somewhere on how this is all supposed to work?

thanks,
Mike
Old 06-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Sage Icon

PS I got the IVL stvi to work (the studio tools documettaion says it should be installed in the SageTV directory, but your plugin needs it in the STVs directory - just in case others are having the same issue).

In any case, it has the same issues trying to import certain DVDs in the default STV.

Note that I am doing all this work on a client, and not touching the config on the server. Should I be making these changes there?

Also, if I go to the DVD itself using the file system view in My Videos (this is in SageMC) for a DVD like Chocolat, it has no metadata in it. If I select DVD Profiler info, I get the DVD profiler metadata for it (minus a cover image). If I then select import, it acts like it worked, but no meta data ends up being displayed for Chocolat. Do the plugin seems to be seeing the data from Collection.xml all right, but not importing it properly for some reason.

Thanks,
mike

Last edited by mikesm; 06-02-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
PS I got the IVL stvi to work (the studio tools documettaion says it should be installed in the SageTV directory, but your plugin needs it in the STVs directory - just in case others are having the same issue).

In any case, it has the same issues trying to import certain DVDs in the default STV.

Note that I am doing all this work on a client, and not touching the config on the server. Should I be making these changes there?

Also, if I go to the DVD itself using the file system view in My Videos (this is in SageMC) for a DVD like Chocolat, it has no metadata in it. If I select DVD Profiler info, I get the DVD profiler metadata for it (minus a cover image). If I then select import, it acts like it worked, but no meta data ends up being displayed for Chocolat. Do the plugin seems to be seeing the data from Collection.xml all right, but not importing it properly for some reason.

Thanks,
mike
I am running this on the client and the Studio tools are installed in the SageTV directory on the clinet as per the instructions. Not sure why you would need them installed somewhere else unless you aren't having the tools load up on Sage startup through the properties file.

Make sure you refresh the media library and if the metadata isn't there import it again. You need to make sure the Sage TV server rereads the info and refreshing the media files on the server (not the client) should do it.)It won't always show up immeduately after an import. As far as some DVD titles not importing double check that there is absolutely no difference betwwen the title and the folder name. Sometimes a space or a charater you overlook is the difference. Sometimes I'll open DVD Profiler and actually copy the title from there and paste it in the actual folder name on the drive to make sure I have it right.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Stanger, Ok, since finding dirk's specifics I am having a lot more success with the plugin. For titles that have ":"'s in them which windows doesn't like, I changed the title in DVD profiler (the title is the operative field that is matched to the directory right, not the "sort title"?), and many of the titles had their meta-data imported fine.
It shouldn't matter, when DVDPro2Sage tries to match titles, it tries to match against strings that are stripped of characters illegal on the filesystem. Also it converts everything to lowercase so capitalization shouldn't matter either.

Quote:
Some titles though, aren't importing. Some of the titles which are also the names of the DVD rip directories include "Tora! Tora! Tora!", "Midway", "Cinderella", "Cailou's Family Fun", "Chocolat", etc...

Is it possible to clear all the metadata about all the DVD's and start over? Removing the DVD directory from the media directories list, rescanning and then re-adding it doesn't seem to do it.
That should do it, unless Sage changed something.

Quote:
Any idea as to what can be causing this? I am using your latest DVDPro2Sage files, and SageMC 6.3.3.

I also have a question about what directories to use for a DVD Profiler Boxed set like "the little mermaid", "dragnet 1967 -season 1" (3 discs), etc... What is the directory structure supposed to be do deal with this case?
It doesn't matter yet, I don't think dirk or I have figured out how we want to handle that yet.

Quote:
I do everything on clients.

Quote:
I have no idea, sounds like a SageMC thing, if it shows the data then DVDPro2Sage managed to match the title and is retrieving the metadata correctly...
Old 06-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Sage Icon

Gerry, Stanger, thanks for the replies.

Removing the videos directory, rescanning, and then re-adding the video directory and rescanning again doesn't remove the meta-data. After doing this, I still get the same titles with meta-data in there as before.

There seems to be something odd about the way Sage stores this stuff. Look at this thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...media+database
This looks like the same problem I have. The meta-data hangs around even if the files go away.

I thought the database was stored on the server, so even if I did this on the clients only, the actual database modifications were being made centrally so that all the other clients would see the changes. I will try and install this on the server itself if you think I should, but I really try and leave that system alone... :-)

I am sure the names are right in the directory structure. I had several that wouldn't import because of that reason, and I fixed them, and they worked fine after that. Also, if I take a brand new title and try and import it, that seems to work too. But I can't seem to get rid of the old meta-data so I can't make the troublesome titles "new" again. I even tried changing the title in dvdprofiler to "foo", and then made the directory "foo" too, and that did not fix it.

I don't see any error messages displayed about titles that didn't import correctly. Is there a log file where problems are recorded somewhere?

Also, now when I do an "import offline videos" operation, the only thing I get is a cancel button. It doesn't seem to finish by itself and return me to the main videos screen. Is this normal? Why don't I see all the titles in the dvdprofiler database show up? (This is in SageMC) Does it only generate a fake .mpg file for new titlies in profiler?

Thanks,
mike
Old 06-02-2007, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Mike,

What about removing the directories and stopping the server/service then restarting it?

B
Old 06-02-2007, 11:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Gerry, Stanger, thanks for the replies.

Removing the videos directory, rescanning, and then re-adding the video directory and rescanning again doesn't remove the meta-data. After doing this, I still get the same titles with meta-data in there as before.

Try this :

instead of simply removing the import directories, rename them and create new empty directories with the same name in the same location, so that Sage sees the existing import directories as empty. Then do a refresh, and wait until the videos are gone in your library. Then rename your real directories back, and do another refresh. Works for me all the time.

An no, there's really no need to do this on the server...

Dirk