SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Does force_full_content_reindex affect SageTV recordings, or only imported videos? I have a bunch of older SageTV recordings that would not have a valid guide ID to generate meta-data, so I want to keep all that, but completely purge the imported video data and start over for that. Will this property do that?
I believe it only affects imported media, and TV recordings aren't imported media. But as always, you should back up wiz.bin before doing anything that affects the database like this.

If your old TV recordings have detailed info & are still considered recordings instead of imported videos that had metadata added onto them, then the airing info is in the database & should remain there.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
I too can confirm the issue, haven't had time to dig into it though. (Thanks Kevin)
Give this STV a try. I don't know how to make an Import :/

Load it up and refresh your metadata. It should always show the description, should include the actors now, and copys the full dvd cover instead of the thumbnail version (delete your old folder.jpg to re-import the full version).
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169.zip (439.1 KB, 143 views)
Old 08-05-2007, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
Give this STV a try. I don't know how to make an Import :/

Load it up and refresh your metadata. It should always show the description, should include the actors now, and copys the full dvd cover instead of the thumbnail version (delete your old folder.jpg to re-import the full version).
Kevin,

I had a look at your changes, and now I know why I had difficulties spotting this... The existing code looks for the "Description" tag first, and if this is empty it takes the "Overview" tag instead. The 2.4.0 collection.xml does not contain a "Description" field (at least not mine), so it correctly pulls in the overview text. I assume in 3.0 this field exists, and that's why it was importing the wrong data.

Also nice catch with the missing actors and the image location. I will wrap up a small update with all those fixes included when I find some time.

Thanks for your help,

Dirk
Old 08-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Kevin,

I had a look at your changes, and now I know why I had difficulties spotting this... The existing code looks for the "Description" tag first, and if this is empty it takes the "Overview" tag instead. The 2.4.0 collection.xml does not contain a "Description" field (at least not mine), so it correctly pulls in the overview text. I assume in 3.0 this field exists, and that's why it was importing the wrong data.

Also nice catch with the missing actors and the image location. I will wrap up a small update with all those fixes included when I find some time.

Thanks for your help,

Dirk
No problem, glad to help. You may not want to take my changes 1:1, since I was hacking around trying to figure things out, but hopefully they all make sense

-Kevin
Old 08-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Sage Icon

[edit]Delete[/edit]

Whoops, forgot things like this really can't be discussed...

Last edited by KJake; 08-06-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Kevin,

Thanks for your help,

Dirk
It seems that some of my DVD covers are gigantic and that only the top corner of them are shown in Sage...so I've changed this back to just using the thumbnails. If anyone is using that modified STV, I'll post a new one.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It seems that some of my DVD covers are gigantic and that only the top corner of them are shown in Sage...so I've changed this back to just using the thumbnails. If anyone is using that modified STV, I'll post a new one.
I noticed that symptom too when I tried it. And I also lost all the movie info that I had from DVD Profiler 3. I went back to using Stanger's IVL 7.3 with the previous beta 6.2.4 STV.

FYI, the 6.2.5 beta breaks Stanger's IVL 7.3. The icon doesn't show in the Imported video screen and some other changes break the functionallity of it.

This would be in using the default STV, not SageMC.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 08-06-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
And I also lost all the movie info that I had from DVD Profiler 3.
That's odd, I am using DVD Profiler 3 and get the Rating, Genre, Description, Release Year, and Actor information.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's odd, I am using DVD Profiler 3 and get the Rating, Genre, Description, Release Year, and Actor information.
It was a quick test so I'll do some more thorough testing with your next modified STV. I had deleted the .jpgs, imported the meta data and checked on the results. New covers were there but info was gone. Maybe I should have imported one more time just to see if the info would show up. It was odd-all info was gone.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Sage Icon

I'll keep testing too, I have about 000 experience with Studio
Old 08-06-2007, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
FYI, the 6.2.5 beta breaks Stanger's IVL 7.3. The icon doesn't show in the Imported video screen and some other changes break the functionallity of it.
Try the one below.

So what else is busted?
Attached Files
File Type: stvi IVL0.8.0.stvi (609.8 KB, 149 views)
Old 08-06-2007, 05:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Try the one below.

So what else is busted?
I probably mispoke because I was trying to make it work through the Library Import View screen via Dynamic Menus. My bad.

Everything appears to be hunky dory. 207 media files with info and images imported in 19 seconds.

Working like a champ. Thanks for your quick turn around on this one. No issues I can see. I'm also using it along with the Malore Test STV.

Gerry
Old 08-06-2007, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, Andy just removed the widget I was linking into

Had to change "Extra_Panel_1" to "Extra_Panel_2". As for why it doesn't work with the dynamic menus, I link a couple things in, and if they're not all there, you can't pass the media files to the new menu.

I just have to give you a hard time Andy
Old 08-06-2007, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Fair enough.

Oh that Andy!

I'll gladly trade a hard time for a well-working plugin.

Now about those enhancments I've been meaning to ask you for........

Gerry
Old 08-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Had to change "Extra_Panel_1" to "Extra_Panel_2".

Heh, oops. I try to be careful on what gets renamed, unless I'm doing a large overhaul of a menu, but in this case there were 3 extra panels & I just used the top one rather than using the last one in the list & moving it above the space holders. I'll try to remember that if I add more items to the icon bar in the video browser... but you'll have to come up w/a new solution if all the spare panels ever get used.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Does this import work fully with SageMC?

I recently made the mode to DVD Profiler ver3. It appears that the meta data is importing correctly, but my cover images are not. There are a few threads talking about how ver3 broke the dvd import script and about fixes that are in the works to get it working correctly again. I haven't seen any posts where people say its fixed and working fully again, either in the default STV or in SageMC.

I'm not sure if I should go looking for other ways to import dvd info or wait this one out in hopes that it'll get fixed. Of course, I could be doing something wrong and its my fault that I can't see covers, but that also why I'm posting now.

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119 View Post
I recently made the mode to DVD Profiler ver3. It appears that the meta data is importing correctly, but my cover images are not. There are a few threads talking about how ver3 broke the dvd import script and about fixes that are in the works to get it working correctly again. I haven't seen any posts where people say its fixed and working fully again, either in the default STV or in SageMC.
It's just a matter of getting the directories, right, DVD Profiler 3 has a different default location for where it puts the files (I think they go in your Application Data by default). I believe I had a post about changing the default library location in DVD Profiler 3.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks!

For the record, I needed to change the DVD profiler directory to one found in My Documents folder. The new version (v3) puts covers in a subfolder called images. Once I set this, my images updated correctly.

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I'm feeling like a complete moron. I apparently can't get this to work, or am looking in the wrong place for the "import button", or something. I'm trying to use the default Sage STV, and after importing the stvi it creates and loads the new stv xml file, but I can't find anything to do with the profiler plugin anywhere. No directory setup, no import button, nothing. If it's something stupid i'm doing wrong, is there a step by step someplace that I can't find? Or, maybe a dependency list or something? Anything?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

See above, it doesn't work with 6.3 yet.