SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Couple Random Questions?

Hey guys, couple random questions for you.. again.

1) What are .mytv files? I dont understand the concept

2) I use sagemc, and I was curious, how can I have the tv I recorded go to my NAS when I archive particular shows I recorded? It would take the load off the hard drive on my sage server. I would prefer not to convert the files to reduce cpu load on my sage server.

3) I noticed that some HD channels work just fine on my server and client while others dont, is that common? I have solved the whole stuttering issue with my server by getting an ati x1550 video card, and using overlay with cyblerink decoders. I dont use full screen option because it starts to stutter! My client (a mac mini) can stream hd at 720p, but only certain channels.

Thanks
Mo!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'll try and answer some of the questions, not sure how helpful I can be.

1) my files (from my understanding) keep information on the corresponding show so that you can move it around and it will keep itself in the DB of Sage. Just for a little CYA, I have not yet used them, I am thinking about it. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

2) this is not in any STVi or any add on that I know of. I know there has been talk for a while about getting something like this. The only way I know how to do this is to copy the files manually and have a .my file go with it.

3)Not sure what I can tell you about this. Try copying the files down locally and testing them out. If you can also provide some information about your setup. Is your network wireless? are you using placeshifter? I dont know much about macs so I cant really help out much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post
Hey guys, couple random questions for you.. again.

1) What are .mytv files? I dont understand the concept

2) I use sagemc, and I was curious, how can I have the tv I recorded go to my NAS when I archive particular shows I recorded? It would take the load off the hard drive on my sage server. I would prefer not to convert the files to reduce cpu load on my sage server.

3) I noticed that some HD channels work just fine on my server and client while others dont, is that common? I have solved the whole stuttering issue with my server by getting an ati x1550 video card, and using overlay with cyblerink decoders. I dont use full screen option because it starts to stutter! My client (a mac mini) can stream hd at 720p, but only certain channels.

Thanks
Mo!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdcknsn View Post
I'll try and answer some of the questions, not sure how helpful I can be.

1) my files (from my understanding) keep information on the corresponding show so that you can move it around and it will keep itself in the DB of Sage. Just for a little CYA, I have not yet used them, I am thinking about it. So take what I say with a grain of salt.
Its just an old format from pre-Meedio days I believe. It has nothing to do with Sage's internal DB. However, with 6.1.x of Sage, all this can be done Sage's internal DB now.

Quote:
2) this is not in any STVi or any add on that I know of. I know there has been talk for a while about getting something like this. The only way I know how to do this is to copy the files manually and have a .my file go with it.
Archiving is not really the correct term in Sage. All your doing when marking something archived is to prevent Sage from auto-deleting it. If you truly want to archive by moving it to different media, you actually have to do it yourself

Quote:
3)Not sure what I can tell you about this. Try copying the files down locally and testing them out. If you can also provide some information about your setup. Is your network wireless? are you using placeshifter? I dont know much about macs so I cant really help out much.
I don't run HD myself but there are two things: use good hardware and make sure you check your signal strength. It seems for HD to work well this must be in the 90's.