SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question

as you know I have the WinTV 1600 as well but do I have QAM support? if I go to Add source I can pick Clear QAM.. so does this mean my tuner supports it?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I triple checked the input. Maybe I dont have the right drivers and software? Whats the correct drivers and software I need to make it work inside and outside of sageTV for the WinTV-HVR-1800?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
did hook it up to rigth input also test WinTV

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 AM

Michael go here http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=11002.0 and Download the Full CD
Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 AM

Quote:
as you know I have the WinTV 1600 as well but do I have QAM support? if I go to Add source I can pick Clear QAM.. so does this mean my tuner supports it?
SubaruWRX yes if you have the rigth model HVR-1600

To All
Just keep in mind that not all is 100% QAM ready so it depend on there Cable Service which may or not be using a stantard QAM spec, I can't even get the TSReader work for me let alone GB-PVR and for a wail there not even SageTV was working which wasn't look good in tell last nigth SageTV is now work .
Old 07-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
SubaruWRX yes if you have the rigth model HVR-1600

To All
Just keep in mind that not all is 100% QAM ready so it depend on there Cable Service which may or not be using a stantard QAM spec, I can't even get the TSReader work for me let alone GB-PVR and for a wail there not even SageTV was working which wasn't look good in tell last nigth SageTV is now work .
My cable service Cablevision has digital cable and they use QAM.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
My cable service Cablevision has digital cable and they use QAM
I dose matter if your Cablevision has digital cable and they use QAM it all depend on frequency scheme they use
Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I dose matter if your Cablevision has digital cable and they use QAM it all depend on frequency scheme they use
Cablevision uses 256QAM
Old 07-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruWRX View Post
Depends which HVR-1600 you have. The MCE versions don't. If you see the clear QAM selection in WinTV your card should. I saw that your cable company uses qam256. It also depends on what is not encrypted by them as to what you can get. I get about 60 various channels here with Comcast. Others may get none if the cable company encrypts them all. Which they are not supposed to do but when do cable companies play fair....
Old 07-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDtyF350 View Post
Depends which HVR-1600 you have. The MCE versions don't. If you see the clear QAM selection in WinTV your card should. I saw that your cable company uses qam256. It also depends on what is not encrypted by them as to what you can get. I get about 60 various channels here with Comcast. Others may get none if the cable company encrypts them all. Which they are not supposed to do but when do cable companies play fair....

My model HVR-1600 is:

Model 74021 Rev. C1B2
Old 07-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruWRX View Post
My model HVR-1600 is:

Model 74021 Rev. C1B2
Same one as mine.. Works in WinTV just fine. Make sure you are doing the initial channel scan first. It goes through analog, and then digital channels. I don't get any digital channels found in that scan. Then go to the clear QAM tab and let it scan. It takes quite awhile but I get about 60 channels found. They are listed as qam-1 qam-2, etc. and may even duplicate. If I only do the clear QAM scan without doing the other scan first it finds nothing. Weird, but seems to be the way they made the software.. Hauppauge says the clear channels are supposed to be the ones listed as WUSA-9, etc. I get nothing like that but I can watch everything it finds.
Not trying to be smart, or insult your intelligence but you do have a cable hooked to the ATSC input on the card right? Not just to the analog tuner?

Hope you get it to work...
Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a significant different between that and the one here:

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...t_hvr1600.html

All I know, the one above doesnt work for my HVR-1800 with three inputs.

Quote:
Michael go here http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=11002.0 and Download the Full CD

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-10-2007, 07:49 PM

What OS are you runing mkanet, I'm using XP Home with my HVR-1800
Top of the card
1 FM Tuner input
2 Analog Tuner input "Antenna or Cable"
3 DigitalTV input "ATSC or Cable ClearQAM Digital"
4 SVideo input
5 1/8 Audio input
Bottom of the card
It possable that there something wrong with the card
Old 07-10-2007, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Im using Windows Vista Ultimate

I have my outdoor antenna hooked up to:

My whole machine was tested with its current configuration for Vista MCE at HP before shipping it to me. It shipped with just the MCE driver for the HVR-1800. Since I couldnt get WinTV to work, I installed the full CD version on Hauppauge's website...

I have my outdoor antenna hooked up to:

In WinTV Channel Manager,
It seems that the analog channels scan correctly (although, theres hardly any signal). However, when it scans for digital channels, it stopped a second after it says "Scanning Digital..." and says "Found 0 Services".

In SageTV, the digital channels take a very long time to scan and eventually show 0 channels found.

Is the full CD version I downloaded from your FTP any different than the CD version for the HVR-1600 on Hauppauge's website?

Thanks for helping out,
Michael

Quote:
What OS are you runing mkanet, I'm using XP Home with my HVR-1800
Top of the card
1 FM Tuner input
2 Analog Tuner input "Antenna or Cable"
4 SVideo input
5 1/8 Audio input
Bottom of the card
It possable that there something wrong with the card

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
In WinTV Channel Manager,
It seems that the analog channels scan correctly (although, theres hardly any signal). However, when it scans for digital channels, it stopped a second after it says "Scanning Digital..." and says "Found 0 Services".
After it finished the scan did you then go to the sources tab, select clear QAM, and do a scan? That first scan of analog and digital never found any digital for me but if you don't do it before the clear QAM scan it won't find anything. Strange software...
Old 07-10-2007, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

After it finishes the scan, if I go to the sources section, I dont have a "Clear QAM" under the ATSC section (or anywhere else. I want to emphasize that, it doesnt look like it even goes through a digital scan. It just stops after the first second it tries to scan for digital channels. Somethings seems screwed up in the software. I have already done an HWClear, and reinstalled the same CD version that was on the Hauppauge website.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 07-10-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

I didn't realize until just now that you are using the 1800 version. With the 1600 using the beta Hauppauge driver you will get a clear QAM selection if your version of the card supports it. I see on the hauppauge website that your card is supposed to support clear QAM so I can only guess that you have a driver issue. Not sure if you are using the driver that came with the card but I would use that since Hauppauge claims it is supposed to work out of the box...
Old 07-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know if you saw this page but it looks like that card should use the Beta hauppauge driver also.

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/vista.html

Located here

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...1600.html#beta
Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, I will try running hwclear, reboot, and install everything in cluded in the beta download.

I'm guessing the driver that came with Windows Vista was specifically meant for Vista MCE only.

Quote:
I don't know if you saw this page but it looks like that card should use the Beta hauppauge driver also.

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/vista.html

Located here

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...1600.html#beta

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hope ya get it working. Here is a pic of what you should see when the software is doing what it's supposed too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WinTV QAM list.JPG (62.9 KB, 457 views)
Old 07-10-2007, 10:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up

Guess what?! It's working! Both in WinTV and SageTV. Thanks! Could you please tell me what are the minimum components I need to install in the beta CD download only for SageTV to work? Im such a minimalist, and dont want to install extra apps that wont use. (ie Wintv mpeg2 decoders, WinTV, FM Tuner, scheduler, etc).

Quote:
Hope ya get it working. Here is a pic of what you should see when the software is doing what it's supposed too.

***RIP SageTV***