SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-22-2007, 10:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Question Ripped DVD options

I'm trying to figure out how STV will handle DVD's that I've ripped to hard drive. I added the directory with DVD rips, and I can play the video from the "videos" menu in STV. But it's not very elegant - no cover art, or any meta data about the DVD for that matter.

I see a lot of references to DVD Profiler - which seems to be a $30 package. Is that the only way to pretty up the interface? Are there any other options?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I'm trying to figure out how STV will handle DVD's that I've ripped to hard drive. I added the directory with DVD rips, and I can play the video from the "videos" menu in STV. But it's not very elegant - no cover art, or any meta data about the DVD for that matter.

I see a lot of references to DVD Profiler - which seems to be a $30 package. Is that the only way to pretty up the interface? Are there any other options?
Look for the IMDB importer from Nielm. I grabs info from Amazon's IMDB and puts it into the SageTV database. That said, I use DVD Profiler. The images are better and the folks who maintain the database border on fanatical.

HIH

B
Old 05-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

The default STV is lacking in this area, but the SageMC STV has an "Edit Video Info" menu with an "IMDB Search" selection that will grab cover art, and full descriptions for most DVD's. (Well, maybe not DVD's in particular but it will grab the full data for the associated movie in general.)

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

If it's just the picture that is displayed and not the info/cast etc you can play the movie on your pc, screen grab whatever picture you want to be displayed, then save that as a .jpg file with the same name as the movie itself and that will be displayed.

For example:
In this case, my daughter can just tell me if she wants the tiger, moon, zebra or veevra, monkeys, moo cow, or bom. How she gets bom from lion I guess i'll never know.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for all the tips - I was able to get everything working very nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakker View Post
How she gets bom from lion I guess i'll never know.
I hear you - my son calls cats "Dio's" - we really aren't sure how he came up with that!