SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Client not finding server

I've recently upgraded to 6.1.9 from V5.x and decided to get my client going again so upgraded that to 6.1.9. The client can't connect and I get the pop up with Network Error. (see fault.jpg)

I have the server enabled and Sage TV Web interface is running OK and all the PC's can see the Sage TV Web interface

The client laptop can see the sage server PC.

Any ideas what may be wrong? Anything I need to look at?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fault.jpg (19.9 KB, 350 views)
Old 05-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Administrator

Check the firewall settings for the client/server connection listed in this FAQ. A few posts down has info on turning on debug logging, if you need that.

You can double check the server's IP address that the client is trying to connect to by checking the System Information screen in SageTV on the server. (V6.1 shortcut: just use Info while on the Main Menu.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks

That gave me the clue I needed to check the windows firewall settings however the problem was a bit different.

Previous releases SageTV server were installed in program files\freytechnologies\sageTV\ but more recent releases in C:\program files\sageTV\sageTV\

My firewall had settings for both but the only the old one for program files\freytechnologies\sageTV\sageTV.exe was enabled.

I've deleted the redundant entries and enabled the correct one.

I did include the settings on the client as they weren't there. However, as they were never there for V5.0 I have disabled them and it still works. So settings on the client aren't required.

Maybe something for the installer to check for when doing the server install

But all working fine now so thanks