SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fresh Install - Can't get licensed

I've already sent in a support request for this, but...

I just rebuilt my computer OS, noticed that there was a new Beta of sage and decided to install it rather than reinstalling 6.1.19 that I was previously running.

I get to the license screen where I am to type in my name and license code. I first tried typing in just my v3 code in the code box, but it says it isn't valid. I tried typing in my name and previous code in the box, and it says it isn't valid. I tried typing in my v6 upgrade code and name in the license box and it says that it is an upgrade code and I need to type in my original code first.

It has been a long time since I did a fresh install of 6 with an upgrade code, so I'm not sure if this is a problem with me or the beta.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

So, I decided to try and install 6.1 again and I can't license that either.

Same error as with 6.2Beta

So, it isn't a beta issue.

I really hope I don;t have to download 5, license it and then upgrade to 6 and license that. Really?

Maybe I just don't know what to type in for the Name field. The v4 Original license I have doesn't have a name associated with it (that I can tell). The v6 upgrade does.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

How do I enter my previous version information? It keeps saying that my key is invalid. I did a copy and paste from the e-mail (a lot of times) so I know it is typed in correctly. What do I use for the name when typing in an old version key?
Old 07-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eobiont View Post
I really hope I don;t have to download 5, license it and then upgrade to 6 and license that.
You don't need to install an old version first.

Quote:
Maybe I just don't know what to type in for the Name field. The v4 Original license I have doesn't have a name associated with it (that I can tell). The v6 upgrade does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eobiont View Post
How do I enter my previous version information? It keeps saying that my key is invalid. I did a copy and paste from the e-mail (a lot of times) so I know it is typed in correctly. What do I use for the name when typing in an old version key?
Do you still have the email from when you purchased your original license? There should be a name that goes with that license & that would be the one you enter. If you wrote down the key somewhere w/o the name that goes with it, the you should send an email to the place where you purchased it to request a copy of the old license.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.