SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Sage User

Windows Home Server WHS where do I start

I am new to Sage but faiirly well versed in WHS. Installed Sage media center 6.1 and got a playback error in setup. Have a PVR-150 doing just fine in the WHS.

Just got 6.2 beta wuth the WHS install that went well I suppose, but no clue where how to begin after that?

Any pointers/shortcuts?

Thanks,

Grey
Old 07-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Sage User

WHS from afar

Well Actually I think I have made progress. I have video on my Vista box locally. I intslled place shifter. (and can change channels)

How do I see live TV from afar on my pocket PC Phone or from afar in any browser without intsalling place shifter?

Thanks,

Still Grey

Last edited by StillGrey; 07-08-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Unfortunately, you can't. You at least need to run the placeshifter off of some sort of media (installed on the hard drive, off a usb drive, etc).
Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Sage Icon

If it's already recorded then you can use Nielm's webserver to watch it without Placeshifter. I think someone recently posted that they got this method to work with their HTC TyTn pocket PC phone (AT&T 8525). I just got one of these phones but haven't tried it yet.

Scott
Old 07-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Sage User

WHS from afar

Just can not seem to find a complete solution. Orb works well from afar on an XP box, but will not run on server 2003. Webguide works from afar on WHS but no live TV.

Sage runs well on WHS for live TV but requires a viewer that does not run on Pocket PC

Thanks,
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie14 View Post
Unfortunately, you can't. You at least need to run the placeshifter off of some sort of media (installed on the hard drive, off a usb drive, etc).
Old 07-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Sage User

This place shifter thing/WHS Liscense for one. Does that mean only one stream can connect from anywhere, or that the place shifter can only be installed on one box?

Thanks,
Grey
Old 07-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Placeshifter uses concurrent licensing - you can connect as many PS clients at the same time as you have PS/extender licenses registered on the server. And, if you reach your connection/license limit, once you disconnect one PS client, you can then connect from elsewhere.

Note that the Placeshifter & the Media Extender use the same type of license, so if you have a license for one, you can connect wth the other.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...postcount=1658

motobarsteward has Sage running on his PocketPC using tcpmp. Not sure if he can get live TV though. I hope to try this myself soon.

HC
Old 07-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Placeshifter uses concurrent licensing - you can connect as many PS clients at the same time as you have PS/extender licenses registered on the server. And, if you reach your connection/license limit, once you disconnect one PS client, you can then connect from elsewhere.

Note that the Placeshifter & the Media Extender use the same type of license, so if you have a license for one, you can connect wth the other.

- Andy
Sounds wunderful !
Thanks,

Still,

Grey
Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchucky View Post
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...postcount=1658

motobarsteward has Sage running on his PocketPC using tcpmp. Not sure if he can get live TV though. I hope to try this myself soon.

HC
I have done that with orb as well, but am not looking to convert from to etc. Just like native support. I will wait 3 months

Thanks

Still,

Grey
Old 07-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, I can watch Live TV. You have to set sage to record the TV show and then you go to the recorded TV list and click on the show. You can happily watch it on your pocket PC whilst sage records it. Orb can't access a file while it's being recorded by sage so your only option is to use the WebServer (VLC) to stream the program and watch it using TCPMP.

Last edited by motobarsteward; 07-20-2007 at 09:37 AM.