SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:26 PM

PVR 500 working on gb-pvr but not sagetv

I'm a new user to sagetv, so I'm hoping this is a newbie question. I have the following symptoms:
  1. In the setup panel, sagetv sees both tuners of the PVR 500, but when I attempt to test one of the tuners, it just sits there spinning, never bringing up a TV channel
  2. Sagetv otherwise keeps crashing (and I have it automatically restarting as a service, but it keeps crashing then too).
  3. Sagetv worked just fine with my Provideo PV258/259 card. No crashes, watching and recording TV through the tuner no problem. The problems didn't arise until I added the PVR 500.

The weird thing is I have the PVR 500 working just fine with gb-pvr on the same system. I'm using the drivers at ftp://ftp.shspvr.com/download/wintv-...0.24.23025.zip. But I can't get the PVR 500 to work with SageTV using the same drivers. In fact, I can't get the PVR 500 to work with SageTV using any of the driver sources I've been working with.

I'm wondering if the Provideo PV258/259 card in the system is causing some type of conflict. Even though that doesn't cause a conflict with the PVR 500 for gb-pvr, I'm wondering if that might cause some conflict sagetv.

Anything I might be missing? Thanks for any help!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Administrator

You probably are doing this already, but make sure the tuners aren't being used at all by another app.

You can enable debug logging to see if the log contains info about the problems. SageTV support could help you with deciphering the log.

If you are willing to do so, you could try removing the other tuner card to see if your question about the tuner conflict is true.

Are you using the latest release version of SageTV? You could also try the latest beta to see if acts any differently.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:08 AM

You need to stop all the GB-PVR Service first
Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
You need to stop all the GB-PVR Service first
Yep, I actually did do a complete uninstall of gb-pvr. Rebooted. Then installed sagetv. In doing so, I didn't touch the Provideo card already installed in the system. And Sagetv worked just fine with the Provideo card.

The issue arose when I added the Hauppauge PVR 500 afterwards. I recently bought the Hauppauge PVR 500 off ebay (I got the rev with phillips tuners, not the samsung tuners), and I wanted to wait to install it until after installing sagetv - I've already posted about my lack of success with that. So I'm going to rollback the drive image and start over and install the PVR 500 first before installing sagetv and see if that makes a difference.

Last edited by davidjrichard; 07-10-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 PM

OK, so I did the installation the other way around and installed the PVR 500 (and its drivers) before installing SageTV, but now I'm getting the same problem, but with the Provideo PV258/259 card. Basically, I used the SageTV setup panel to add the two PVR 500 tuners, which went without hitch. But then when I used the panel to add the Provideo PV258/259 tuner, things start to go bad, in the same way as in my original post.

So it looks to me like SageTV can work with either the Provideo PV258/259 or the Hauppauge PVR 500, but not both at the same time. Am I in a unique situation? Or does this happen with other cards as well?

Andy/Opus4, thanks for the tip on enabling the debug loggin. I'll do that next and see what I get. I'll probably be following up with SageTV support if this thread becomes a deadend.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjrichard View Post
So it looks to me like SageTV can work with either the Provideo PV258/259 or the Hauppauge PVR 500, but not both at the same time. Am I in a unique situation? Or does this happen with other cards as well?
The support staff at SageTV helped me to debug the issue. Basically, Cyberlink was causing some type of conflict in my system. So I uninstalled it and presto, the two cards now work fine together with SageTV.

Time to start cranking on some recordings to see how the system bears up.

Cheers!

- David