SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

Possible Bug - Imported Videos and ID's

Hello - it seems that if I keep the ID on a show and I convert it to mp4 and put it in my imported videos then Sage still seems to keep it in Sage recordings. Or at the least, it does not show up in imported videos until I remove the ID.

Is there any rhyme or reason for this? I like the ID in that I can view the program information. I'm not sure where or how it gets this program information especially if the show is no longer in the guide. But, I also know with the IMDB plugin I can get all the details anyways. However, it seems a lot faster (although not ias informative) than going out to the intermet via the IMDB plugin.

Mike
Old 07-13-2007, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Mike

Are you shutting down Sage when you move it to the imported folder.? If I move a file to my imported folder while sage is up. It will show as imported with no details. If I shutdown Sage move the file to my import folder bring up SageTV it will show in the Archive folder with all the details.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Recordings that still have the ID as part of the filename can be recognized as the correct recording even after being moved to a library dir so that you can move files w/o losing their detailed info. If you don't want the internal info associated with the file, then just remove the ID number -- that number is only relevant to your installation of SageTV and its current database file.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:19 AM
Sage Icon

I think there is a little confusiion and I did not explain myself in full. Here's what happens:

1. I have a file in Sage Recordings.
2. I copy the file to my local workstation and then delete the file from Sage Recordings.
3. I convert the file to mpeg4 using an external utility.
4. I copy the file back onto the file server in one of my sage import folders.
5. I use the Sage Refresh command to refresh files but it doesn't show up in Imported Folders if it has the ID.

Do I need to restart sage service control or should I use a Sage command to import the file instead of using a windows drag and drop to copy the file back from my workstation to the file server once converted to mpeg4?

One other question: Assuming I can get this to work, how can I get the sho ID again if I can find shows in the program guide and also if I can't? Is there a way to get the show ID (because I could not find it in detail info from the guide). Can I find it at the IMDB or somewhere else?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by mike1961; 07-19-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961 View Post
I think there is a little confusiion and I did not explain myself in full. Here's what happens:

1. I have a file in Sage Recordings.
2. I copy the file to my local workstation and then delete the file from Sage Recordings.
3. I convert the file to mpeg4 using an external utility.
4. I copy the file back onto the file server in one of my sage import folders.
5. I use the Sage Refresh command to refresh files but it doesn't show up in Imported Folders if it has the ID.

Do I need to restart sage service control or should I use a Sage command to import the file instead of using a windows drag and drop to copy the file back from my workstation to the file server once converted to mpeg4?

One other question: Assuming I can get this to work, how can I get the sho ID again if I can find shows in the program guide and also if I can't? Is there a way to get the show ID (because I could not find it in detail info from the guide). Can I find it at the IMDB or somewhere else?

Thanks,
Mike
If it still has the Show ID doesn't it show up in Recordings?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Assuming I can get this to work, how can I get the sho ID again if I can find shows in the program guide
detailed info from my webserver. AiringID is listed at the bottom.
Quote:
and also if I can't? Is there a way to get the show ID (because I could not find it in detail info from the guide). Can I find it at the IMDB or somewhere else?
It's an internal private ID

IF the file has the ID and the ID is in Sage's DB, then the file will always go into Sage Recordings, or Archived Sage Recordings (there is an option in Sage recordings to include archived shows)
Old 07-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
detailed info from my webserver. AiringID is listed at the bottom.
It's an internal private ID

IF the file has the ID and the ID is in Sage's DB, then the file will always go into Sage Recordings, or Archived Sage Recordings (there is an option in Sage recordings to include archived shows)
So you are saying there is no way to copy the file to the Imported Recordings and keep it there instead? I keep my permanent stuff in Imported Recordings. I don't like the archives as much because the Imported Recordings allows for a much more organized tree-style/folder approach for organizing recordings.

Mike
Old 07-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So you are saying there is no way to copy the file to the Imported Recordings and keep it there instead? I keep my permanent stuff in Imported Recordings. I don't like the archives as much because the Imported Recordings allows for a much more organized tree-style/folder approach for organizing recordings.
As I mentioned above, you would have to remove the ID number from the filename. The ID that is part of the filename has no meaning outside of your specific installation of SageTV, so it isn't any type of Show ID that can be used to match to some other database. It is only used to match the file to the airing info in your database & that ID won't match to the same info in some other SageTV installation.

Again, the downside is that you would have no detailed info from the EPG airing database attached to the file. As an alternative, check out the customizations forum for possible tools to export the info to .my files or .properties files before stripping the file ID.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Sage Icon

Hey Mike,

Your reasoning for keeping the ID is that you want the detailed info associated with the video file to follow it to the imported videos directory but not have the video show up in the Sage recordings?

If so, just install the Read and Write Metadata files stvi, have it create a .properties file and then delete the ID from the file(s).
The .properties file will contain all the info and even if you move it or have to reinstall Sage completely the Sage DB will read the properties files and import the data again. Makes for a good backup.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Sage Icon

Okay - I understand now.

DVD_Maniac - I'll check into that. In general though, it is not that crucial because I can get everything I want from the IMDB plug in.

Ideally, what would really be awesome is if there were some way to copy all the info from the IMDB for each imported video and have that in a folder right at the file server.

The advantage I see to this is as follows:

1. Speed - it would be faster to access the data (not too much but still a little).

2. It's always there and does not depend on the IMDB since every so often when they change their website, the plugin no longer works.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 07-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ideally, what would really be awesome is if there were some way to copy all the info from the IMDB for each imported video and have that in a folder right at the file server.
With the Read and Write Metadata files stvi you can also save the IMDB data.

John