SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Sage Expert

Recommendation for two analog usb tuners (or 1 dual tuner)

I've been running two HD tuners in my only pci slots for the year and a half I've had sage, and now I'm finally ready to add analog! (I know, that sounds backwards. )

Since I've got no pci slots, I need a rec on the best way to add two analog tuners, preferably by usb. (I don't suppose the hdhomerun does analog does it...) Is there a good dual tuner option, or if not, what's a good single tuner usb option to use 2 of?

I also have zero familiarity with IR blasting. Presuming at least one of these will be tied to a cable box, if not both, is there a simple strategy on how Sage handles this? Is Sage compatible with IR blasters that come with some tuners, or does it require buying a separate blaster product? And does it have any problems handling multiple boxes?

Thanks!