SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-22-2007, 04:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can't see recorded shows in "SageTV Recordings"

This is driving me nuts. From the main menu of SageTV 6.1.9.146 when I select "SageTV Recordings" it tells me there are no recordings. The display filter is set to All+Archived. I've checked the directory in setup (General, Video Recording Directories) and it's set to c:\My Videos. It records shows and puts them in that directory, it just doesn't see them afterwards.

I have a MediaMVP using the Sage software and I have the same issue there. If I want to watch a recorded show I have to go to "Media Center" and Browse Media Files. Once I point to a file everything works fine.

It's probably some simple setting I've over looked. What am I missing?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Are you recording them with Sage?

Are the files visible in Media Center/Imported Videos (Folder or Titleview)
Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes to both questions. Using SageTv to do the recordings directly to the specified directory. I can see them fine in Media Center. I even "imported" on of the recordings. It went through copying the file but when it was done it still didn't show up.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Are you using Vista & using SageTV in service mode? If so, is SageTV running as an administrator?

Are you using McAfee antivirus?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

No Vista, not running as service. I'm running a fully patched XP SP2 Pro. No McAfee software. I use Norton AVG and Zonealarm for firewall. AMD 64 3500 (not an X2), 512MB ram, ATI AIW 9000 and a Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (150). I'm only using the AIW as a basic graphics card, not using any of it's other functions. All recording goes through the WinTV.

Sage is running in the system tray, "Standby" from the main menu.

The only change I made to the default SageTV install was to add the Multifunction Stop STV.

I upgraded to the most recent version while trying to fix this problem. Prior to that I had 6.0.19.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Maybe someone else will recognize something that could be the issue, I can't think of any other possible cause at the moment.

What you should probably do is enable debug logging while SageTV is completely shut down, then restart SageTV and record a Manual Recording or Favorite. If the show still isn't in the SageTV Recordings list after the recording is done & is in the import library instead, send the log file to SageTV to see if they can determine what happened to the recording.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I enabled debug and set it to record a show tonight. I'll post results tomorrow.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well this is just plain weird.

The Favorite that recorded Sunday night isn't visible under SageTV Recordings but the show I manually recorded last night is. Both recorded to the same directory and other than turning on Debug no changes were made.

Does that suggest a cause to anyone?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Administrator

Use the Options command to double check that the Display Filter is still set to All instead of just Manual Recordings. And/or, try recording a new Favorite to see what happens to it.

One possibility is that something happened to corrupt wiz.bin & then all recordings would have been put in the imported videos area. The new manual recording is still seen as a recording because the database did not get corrupted after it recorded. Has your system crashed recently? If so, maybe that messed up the database and a new one was created.

For now, just keep debug logging on & record another Fav to see what happens.

- Andy
Old 07-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't follow. The Favorite and the manual recording were only a day apart and nothing happened in between; no crashes, no updates.

I set a new favorite to see where it records. The next recording of one of my previously set favorites is tomorrow night. I'll post results after then.

I looked in the Sage directory and I have this:
Wiz.bak dated 7/24
Wiz.bin dated today 7/25 (when I set the new favorite)
Wiz.bin.sagetv v6.0.19/120 dated 7/22 (when I upgraded)